RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Black paint suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-15, 06:48 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Black paint suggestions

I am considering painting my white RCF black.

I figured some guys on here have a favorite black color paint code. I'm not opposed to a matte black color as well. But I would want it to have a flake or shimmer in it if matte.

Please share your favorite color code of a previous car or a photo if you have a suggestion.

Thanks
Old 08-09-15, 09:11 AM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not some sort of metallic vinyl wrap?
Old 08-10-15, 08:00 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painting a perfectly good, new car is a totally bad idea! There will never be a better paint job than what came from the factory. You will also severely impact you cars resale value.
Old 08-10-15, 08:04 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Painting a perfectly good, new car is a totally bad idea! There will never be a better paint job than what came from the factory. You will also severely impact your car's resale value.
Old 08-10-15, 01:02 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

I already have the roof, spoiler and hood scoop wrapped in black.

I have decided to have those areas Plus the chrome window surround and the front grille surround painted high gloss black. Just keep the main body white and go full StormTrooper look.
Old 08-12-15, 05:12 AM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I already have the roof, spoiler and hood scoop wrapped in black.

I have decided to have those areas Plus the chrome window surround and the front grille surround painted high gloss black. Just keep the main body white and go full StormTrooper look.
I think this is a great idea and it will look great! Although I do not have an RCF I have done this to both of my cars including the white 2 series. I think the black accents look great on a white car. It is one of the best ways to make a white car stand out!

My question is if you have already gotten most of these items wrapped why are you going to have them painted? If you stay with a wrap you can just peel it off when you go to sell the car. I have even wrapped the window trim on my own car years back and it came out as good as paint, lasted for a year, and then peeled right off when it was time to sell! I am just not a fan of selling a modded car as I have had bad luck with that in the past.

Now all of my parts are indeed painted (other than the roof which is wrapped 3M 1080 Gloss Black) but I purchased extra OEM parts from a company called IND that come painted either gloss black or matched to the color of my car. This is the best way to do it IMO as the finish is OEM quality, and it can also be returned to stock when I sell or turn in my car. I do not know if there is a company like IND that modifies or paints OEM parts for Lexus cars, but if there is I would be very interested to know!

Either way I look forward to seeing pictures of your car! I think white is one of the best colors on the RCF, and the black accents will really help make it pop!
Old 08-12-15, 05:20 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

I've thought about wrapping mine in "Grigio Telesto", but I've said that about the last three cars I've owned....
Old 08-12-15, 05:40 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BAlbright
Painting a perfectly good, new car is a totally bad idea! There will never be a better paint job than what came from the factory. You will also severely impact you cars resale value.
The lesson here is to make sure you know what you want before you sign on the dotted line.
Old 08-12-15, 07:20 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

My question is if you have already gotten most of these items wrapped why are you going to have them painted? If you stay with a wrap you can just peel it off when you go to sell the car.

The wrap i chose is peeling and has swirl marks.

I've thought about wrapping mine in "Grigio Telesto", but I've said that about the last three cars I've owned....

That's a great color. i will look at more photos.

The lesson here is to make sure you know what you want before you sign on the dotted line.

Thanks, Dad. No lesson to learn. I don't live a life of fear or regrets. I may paint it and then trade it two months later. i don't give a **** and will die with a smile on my face.
Old 08-14-15, 07:07 AM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I am considering painting my white RCF black.

I figured some guys on here have a favorite black color paint code. I'm not opposed to a matte black color as well. But I would want it to have a flake or shimmer in it if matte.

Please share your favorite color code of a previous car or a photo if you have a suggestion.

Thanks
I would go with the Lexus Obsidian Black , when clean it looks amazing