RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

3 Month Review on the RCF Swift Spec-R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-15, 10:01 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I went RSR on my F but have used Swift springs before (lowering springs on my first ISF and BC-R W/Swift on my second ISF) and they definitely engineer a great product.

So far I am very happy with my RSR's as well, however I don't find the drop significant enough.

I will wait for options from KW for coilovers or the Swift R-Type before I change them out
These in fact are the Spec-R springs! I have a picture of the label I will post up shortly !

-Josh(jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 08-30-15, 12:35 AM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
These in fact are the Spec-R springs! I have a picture of the label I will post up shortly !

-Josh(jlee@modinjapan.com)
I finally opened the box today and the Swift Sports I have are black so the red are Spec-R like you said. Kinda weird that Swift changes the color up. The Spec-R I had on my 370z were black, and on their page the Sport are red and Spec-R black.

Oh well. I just installed the Sport and the drop is definitely noticeable. Rides almost like stock. The RCF should've came from factory like this.
Old 02-23-17, 02:06 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Are there any other alignment adjustments necessary when installing these? Or are they simply drop in and go?
what is best practice?
Old 02-23-17, 06:58 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I would have it re-aligned..
Old 02-25-17, 11:42 AM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I have to say this springs really don't feel much different than stock! I was afraid I wouldn't like the ride quality but the ride quality is perfect, they reduced a ton of roll and lean and They feel great in corners. Mine was a touch out of alignment.
Old 02-25-17, 03:42 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
I have to say this springs really don't feel much different than stock! I was afraid I wouldn't like the ride quality but the ride quality is perfect, they reduced a ton of roll and lean and They feel great in corners. Mine was a touch out of alignment.
Is there any pogo action with bumps?
Old 02-25-17, 05:12 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

no, it's barely stiffer in a straight line, you feel the decreased roll in the corners, I was very skeptical to get these springs. However, had someone let me drive an RC-F with these springs I would have put them on sooner, there is barely a difference.
Old 02-27-17, 08:57 AM
MDElliott
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So with dropping the vehicle 1" (on average) how does this affect the factory shocks being constantly compressed by 1"? Will they need to be replaced as well or how long will they last before requiring replacement?
Old 02-27-17, 09:40 AM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

They will probably need to be replaced much sooner as a result. But you should change them at least every 50k to keep the suspension fresh. Most people will never change them sadly.
Old 02-27-17, 11:39 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
They will probably need to be replaced much sooner as a result. But you should change them at least every 50k to keep the suspension fresh. Most people will never change them sadly.
Very true and a wonderful opportunity to go with a better aftermarket shock at that time if available. I have nothing but positive things to say about Bilstein
Old 02-27-17, 07:14 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Car looks amazing. Appreciate you posting this after 10k miles on them. Would love to see some side pics if possible. I'm looking at getting springs after I come back from my trip. What was the cost of the install?
Old 02-27-17, 07:45 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2Insane
Car looks amazing. Appreciate you posting this after 10k miles on them. Would love to see some side pics if possible. I'm looking at getting springs after I come back from my trip. What was the cost of the install?
i fot a local quote of 450 at one shop and 900 at another o.O
Ill be going to the first shop
what does everyone else pay?
Old 02-28-17, 04:37 AM
tarponman
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GETKINETIC
i fot a local quote of 450 at one shop and 900 at another o.O
Ill be going to the first shop
what does everyone else pay?
In Miami Fl costs is anywhere between $150-$200. Not sure about where you are from.
Old 02-28-17, 04:45 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tarponman
In Miami Fl costs is anywhere between $150-$200. Not sure about where you are from.
wow thats cheap
Old 09-12-17, 02:38 PM
GSFDreams
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Great to see these type of long term write up with such clear comparisons on characteristics. Great job and thank you. Wish they would get it out for the GSF already. I am very concerned about dropping on spring alone except if it was Swift since I have used them before and always been impressed with their quality/build.

I was hoping after all this time they would have done it already! Lol... come on Swift! serve us lonely GSF owners! lol

Quick Reply: 3 Month Review on the RCF Swift Spec-R Springs