RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 08:37 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino

Apexi is handcrafted in Japan, that should tell you about the quality of the welds and fitment. The first few days it was really loud, but has since mellowed out some like my previous exhausts ( well not my HKS...). The sound from the Apexi is amazing guys. The sound clips we all heard from the internet don't do it justice at all. When I first heard mine I really couldn't believe the difference in the sound note. Those that are going to WaanaGoFast next month can hear mine for yourself. Apexi is also known for making one of the highest quality mufflers in the biz. Many custom exhausts use the Apexi cans for this reason. For ~2k, you can't beat it IMHO.
What is the sound level at like 4k RPM? 85dB or closer to the 90s?
Old 08-20-15, 08:40 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
What is the sound level at like 4k RPM? 85dB or closer to the 90s?
From their product description on their website, Sound Level: 92.2 dB @ 4,500 RPM. Really would love to hear this in person, as many have said, the video clips don't do it justice.
Old 08-20-15, 08:45 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
From their product description on their website, Sound Level: 92.2 dB @ 4,500 RPM. Really would love to hear this in person, as many have said, the video clips don't do it justice.
Interesting, that isn't too bad. Certainly room for improvement and would get louder when headers become available. Is there any work on headers?

And agree, I'd like to find a good sound clip as most of them I find sound meh at best.
Old 08-20-15, 08:52 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Interesting, that isn't too bad. Certainly room for improvement and would get louder when headers become available. Is there any work on headers?

And agree, I'd like to find a good sound clip as most of them I find sound meh at best.
Most likely will get louder with headers, but the tone will definitely change. Adding headers to my ISF after having the Borla cat-back, it did make the car louder, but the change in tone was more noticeable.

As far as headers go, I believe there are a number of companies working on them. PPE, Sikky, Novel, among others will/do have them. I have yet to see anyone on here have them installed yet. As we have seen nice power increases from the exhaust alone, I will guess we will see some really nice power yields from the headers too.