RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 10:53 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Exhaust Review Thread

With there being quite a few exhausts for the RC F out there now, and the chance to go and see or hear one in person almost impossible, I would find a lot of value in a thread of just reviews from current owners. Ideally, there would be no other comments posted, just reviews, focusing on the following: sound, loudness and tone, droning, ease of installation, fit and finish, how it's changed the feel of the car and overall liking.

Video and sound clips would also be ideal, I know someone suggested a specific app that is good for capturing sound clips. I figured if this worked, it could get stickied.

I personally am looking at getting the Borla upon release, but am still curious about the other systems. If you think this is a good idea, post away.
Old 08-17-15, 07:06 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm still waiting of my meistershaft exhaust to arrive, still no word on expected date.

it's one of the pricey systems ($5000+) but you do get valves, a remote for convenience, & the aggressive sound.

the rest also sounded too tame for my taste IMO.
Old 08-17-15, 07:23 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
i'm still waiting of my meistershaft exhaust to arrive, still no word on expected date.

it's one of the pricey systems ($5000+) but you do get valves, a remote for convenience, & the aggressive sound.

I've had bad experience with Meisterchaft in the past and their poor QAQC (not sure if production is still in China)

That being said I was EXTREMELY impressed with the build quality of the Apexi system. The welds, fitment and finish were among the best I have seen.

The look of the rear canisters was my only hesitation, however after blacking them out I love the look.

I personally love the sound, Hugh strung but very deep with absolutely no rasp (which I can't stand)

I would have loved to wait and see what HKS came out with, but I've got no patience.
Old 08-17-15, 07:28 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF

Am I missing something?

http://gthaus.com/ver3_ghprice.php?s...age=1#pictures

I only see $2600.

Where is your pricing coming from?
Old 08-17-15, 08:36 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
Am I missing something?

http://gthaus.com/ver3_ghprice.php?s...age=1#pictures

I only see $2600.

Where is your pricing coming from?
What you posted is the non valved axle back system.

The full system + valves + midpipe is $2998 (valved axle back) + $1998 for front & mid pipes + $150 (remote) = $5145 without shipping
Old 08-17-15, 06:25 PM
A267mm
Driver School Candidate

We are doing some r&d. Follow @ltmotorsports on IG for some sound clips that will be posted up along with dyno sheets done. Next will be hitting the track. Price will be anywhere from 1500-1800 including shipping. Full stainless steel, tig welded and back purged.

Old 08-18-15, 03:54 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A267mm
We are doing some r&d. Follow @ltmotorsports on IG for some sound clips that will be posted up along with dyno sheets done. Next will be hitting the track. Price will be anywhere from 1500-1800 including shipping. Full stainless steel, tig welded and back purged.

The tips look a little too small and the stagger isn't quite right...
Old 08-18-15, 06:35 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got around to installing the Non-Resonated Apexi Exhaust system and let me tell you...this has transformed the car into a beast. It has a deep, loud, in your face rumble that will turn heads and remind you that you drive a V8. The system bolted right on and the quality seems great and i personally love the look on our car. The only thing i am adjusting to is the in-cabin noise, i do have small amounts of drone, so if you handle many phone calls, or have passengers or children i would maybe go elsewhere. Does anyone have any knowledge on how i can lower cabin noise? maybe add padding to the trunk area or something? Unfortunately my Iphone speaker fails to pickup the true sound so i have to record a sound clip with something more high quality.

Old 08-18-15, 07:17 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RamiRom
Got around to installing the Non-Resonated Apexi Exhaust system and let me tell you...this has transformed the car into a Beast. Does anyone have any knowledge on how i can lower cabin noise?
Well step 1 would have been buying the resonated system to reduce rasp and tone across the rev range.

At this point you're F'd without adding resonators to the system.

I'm glad my shop talked me into the resonated system over the non-res; and I'm
Used to loud cars
Old 08-18-15, 07:41 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Well step 1 would have been buying the resonated system to reduce rasp and tone across the rev range.

At this point you're F'd without adding resonators to the system.

I'm glad my shop talked me into the resonated system over the non-res; and I'm
Used to loud cars
Dont get me wrong, i love the exhaust and its not unbearable, obnoxious, or anything like that. Ive heard the resonated apexi in person and its too mellow for my taste.
Old 08-18-15, 08:27 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RamiRom
Dont get me wrong, i love the exhaust and its not unbearable, obnoxious, or anything like that. Ive heard the resonated apexi in person and its too mellow for my taste.
I gutted my cats, and have headers in my future. Makes a huge difference in the exhaust sound from lessons learned with my ISF's.

Best bet is still to add some sort of resonator. Maybe a shorty or an additional X pipe.
Old 08-18-15, 08:36 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I gutted my cats, and have headers in my future. Makes a huge difference in the exhaust sound from lessons learned with my ISF's.

Best bet is still to add some sort of resonator. Maybe a shorty or an additional X pipe.
I'll keep that in mind thanks for the info 👍🏽
Old 08-18-15, 01:24 PM
Futuristic
Driver School Candidate

Love the colour choice on your RC-F! Is it that bad in the cabin? Are you still able to answer phone call?
Old 08-18-15, 03:52 PM
jonjonv
Driver School Candidate

I'm waiting on my JoeZ system and will let you know how that is! I had to cancel my order then reorder so I think I'm at the back of the line again!
Old 08-20-15, 06:08 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 96 Posts

Apexi is handcrafted in Japan, that should tell you about the quality of the welds and fitment. The first few days it was really loud, but has since mellowed out some like my previous exhausts ( well not my HKS...). The sound from the Apexi is amazing guys. The sound clips we all heard from the internet don't do it justice at all. When I first heard mine I really couldn't believe the difference in the sound note. Those that are going to WaanaGoFast next month can hear mine for yourself. Apexi is also known for making one of the highest quality mufflers in the biz. Many custom exhausts use the Apexi cans for this reason. For ~2k, you can't beat it IMHO.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Review Thread