RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 07:45 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I inquired to my salesman, if they can find me an identical car but in molten pearl, and offer me this discount, I'll probably buy without pursing the GT-R any further. I have seen only 2 RC-Fs in my area (RCF500 being one of them), and I doubt I will ever see another orange. It would be an F, and rare color. A great combo for someone like myself.

He is off today, but hopefully he can dig into that for me and find a remaining 2015.
Old 08-20-15, 07:52 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swacer
I inquired to my salesman, if they can find me an identical car but in molten pearl, and offer me this discount, I'll probably buy without pursing the GT-R any further. I have seen only 2 RC-Fs in my area (RCF500 being one of them), and I doubt I will ever see another orange. It would be an F, and rare color. A great combo for someone like myself.

He is off today, but hopefully he can dig into that for me and find a remaining 2015.
You will love the Lexus I have had 3 GTR's and they are totally different cars. The Lexus is way more comfortable and more along the lines of a luxury car. The GTR is extremely fast but to me that was the only quality I enjoyed which got old to me fairly quickly. The Lexus not near as fast is just a better all around car to me and we use it a lot more than any of my GTR's.
Old 08-20-15, 11:01 AM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You could probably do $74...
Old 08-20-15, 12:31 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing Question

I also looked at a new 15 be gtr. Dealer was down to 87k and I only wanted to pay 84k. No dice but loving the rcf in sports + mode!
Old 08-20-15, 12:56 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
I also looked at a new 15 be gtr. Dealer was down to 87k and I only wanted to pay 84k. No dice but loving the rcf in sports + mode!
Price alone deterred you? Nothing else was a drawing factor?
Old 08-20-15, 01:03 PM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing Question

The color...it was regal red and I would not drive a red car unless i can say it was a hell of a deal.
Old 08-20-15, 02:22 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

The color...it was regal red and I would not drive a red car unless i can say it was a hell of a deal.
Understandable.
Old 08-20-15, 02:40 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Hello All,

I was wondering if you might able to assist me in determining if I'm getting good deal here.

The car of interest is a black carbon fiber edition.

The options are as follows:

All weather package

19-in wheel package

Leather package

Performance Package

Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Navigation System Package with Mark Levinson (r) 17-Speaker 835-watt Premium Surround Audio System

Premium Package

The car has been sitting on the lot for ~4 weeks, and the car is normally $79,145, and they are offering it to me for $75,645.

Based on those of you who have already bought similar models, is this a good buy or should I try to fight for more off? I am a 2 time previous customer of theirs in the last calendar year as well.

they are giving it to you for invoice. not all dealerships will do that. Id jump on it or wait for the 2016
Old 08-20-15, 02:40 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,

I was wondering if you might able to assist me in determining if I'm getting good deal here.

The car of interest is a black carbon fiber edition.

The options are as follows:

All weather package

19-in wheel package

Leather package

Performance Package

Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Navigation System Package with Mark Levinson (r) 17-Speaker 835-watt Premium Surround Audio System

Premium Package

The car has been sitting on the lot for ~4 weeks, and the car is normally $79,145, and they are offering it to me for $75,645.

Based on those of you who have already bought similar models, is this a good buy or should I try to fight for more off? I am a 2 time previous customer of theirs in the last calendar year as well.
Hi Swacer,

Good afternoon and how are you? When I purchased, "Akiho", my RCF in Ultrasonic Blue Mica, Performance & Premium Packages, Mark Levinson & Navigation Upgrade, Leather Interior Upgrade, Accessories Package was marked as $79300 and I went all the way down to $73000 before taxes and extended warranty. I went to 3 different dealers in Southern California: Longo Lexus in El Monte, Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys and Cerritos Lexus in Cerritos. Basically, smaller cities outside of Los Angeles, CA.

It took me 3-5 months of wheeling and dealing. I test drove the RCF four separate times with different options and colors. Use your knowledge against each dealership and say you were offered this and the next guy will give you a slight discount of $500-$1000 and go to the next dealer and do the same until you are fully satisfied with the price. Just remember to "NOT TO GIVE IN".You have all of the Power because you are the buyer, not the salesman. If they can't give you a great deal, go elsewhere. It's their loss, not yours because it's your hard earned money, not theirs. They just want your commission. The lower you go, the less they make, that's it.

Another major factor why i was given an almost $7000 discount was because I dropped $30000 Cash and asked for a Military Discount too. Cash is king period and I do have great tier 1 credit too. If you are looking to purchase, this is what I did. As for lease, sorry, I have never leased a vehicle in my life and can't help you there. Just be patient, bargain like crazy, don't be a Sucker on their set prices, and shop around. I don't know what city or state you live in but Longo Lexus alone had 26 RCF's on their lot when I bought mine.

If you live in a smaller city or state, you might be stuck with very, very little options, choices of dealerships and etc. Check other offers like college or university graduate discounts, military discounts, AAA discounts, and etc. It doesn't hurt to just ask, it's free and all they can say is No. Plus, you are a previous owner of two Lexus's. That should give you some wiggle room for a loyal customer. Please be extremely patient and play your game, not theirs, ok? Try using a car broker too, I used two of them and it brought me up to speed on how to deal too. Good luck and hang in there, Swacer. Please keep us all informed, I would love to see you on this forum with your beautiful RCF and happy smile. Hehe.. ;-) wink-wink.. If you are in the Los Angeles area, I can always refer you to my sales manager.

Regards,
Akiho

Last edited by Akiho; 08-20-15 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-20-15, 04:58 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

What Dealership did you get the 8k off of Sticker Price on your RCF?
Old 08-20-15, 05:05 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Why don't you talk with Jalnsx, he said his buddy just got one for a Steal & would probably even come off of the $73,900, hard to beat that deal Unless Ca1avera will say Which Dealership came off 8k from Sticker! GL!
Old 08-20-15, 07:27 PM
jalnsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Why don't you talk with Jalnsx, he said his buddy just got one for a Steal & would probably even come off of the $73,900, hard to beat that deal Unless Ca1avera will say Which Dealership came off 8k from Sticker! GL!
motorcarsofjackson.com is my friends website and the car he bought is brand new. It is wht/Gry with every package.

Link to car:
http://www.motorcarsofjackson.com/we...ippi/24213976/
Old 08-20-15, 07:31 PM
jalnsx
Rookie

Well, i Guess that's How he makes his Livin'! That was Definitely a Steal though. Somebody can Still get a Really Good Deal on it too! Where is he selling it at?
http://www.motorcarsofjackson.com/we...ippi/24213976/
Old 08-20-15, 08:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Thanks Jalnsx, that's not to far from me. If you like White that's a Really Good Price & like you said he might even come off a lil' more. I didn't see where it said it had the TVD & the Mark Levinson Stereo though, i might have just missed it too (they have some really nice cars there by the way). But, i'm Still Waitin' to hear the name of the Dealership that Ca1vera got the 8K off Sticker!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 08-20-15 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-21-15, 04:07 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
they are giving it to you for invoice. not all dealerships will do that. Id jump on it or wait for the 2016
If they are able to get me a molten pearl at that price through a dealer trade, I may consider it. otherwise, I may just wait for December and then order a '16. That way, come spring, I will have a new car awaiting me.

Originally Posted by Akiho
Hi Swacer,

Good afternoon and how are you? When I purchased, "Akiho", my RCF in Ultrasonic Blue Mica, Performance & Premium Packages, Mark Levinson & Navigation Upgrade, Leather Interior Upgrade, Accessories Package was marked as $79300 and I went all the way down to $73000 before taxes and extended warranty. I went to 3 different dealers in Southern California: Longo Lexus in El Monte, Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys and Cerritos Lexus in Cerritos. Basically, smaller cities outside of Los Angeles, CA.

It took me 3-5 months of wheeling and dealing. I test drove the RCF four separate times with different options and colors. Use your knowledge against each dealership and say you were offered this and the next guy will give you a slight discount of $500-$1000 and go to the next dealer and do the same until you are fully satisfied with the price. Just remember to "NOT TO GIVE IN".You have all of the Power because you are the buyer, not the salesman. If they can't give you a great deal, go elsewhere. It's their loss, not yours because it's your hard earned money, not theirs. They just want your commission. The lower you go, the less they make, that's it.

Another major factor why i was given an almost $7000 discount was because I dropped $30000 Cash and asked for a Military Discount too. Cash is king period and I do have great tier 1 credit too. If you are looking to purchase, this is what I did. As for lease, sorry, I have never leased a vehicle in my life and can't help you there. Just be patient, bargain like crazy, don't be a Sucker on their set prices, and shop around. I don't know what city or state you live in but Longo Lexus alone had 26 RCF's on their lot when I bought mine.

If you live in a smaller city or state, you might be stuck with very, very little options, choices of dealerships and etc. Check other offers like college or university graduate discounts, military discounts, AAA discounts, and etc. It doesn't hurt to just ask, it's free and all they can say is No. Plus, you are a previous owner of two Lexus's. That should give you some wiggle room for a loyal customer. Please be extremely patient and play your game, not theirs, ok? Try using a car broker too, I used two of them and it brought me up to speed on how to deal too. Good luck and hang in there, Swacer. Please keep us all informed, I would love to see you on this forum with your beautiful RCF and happy smile. Hehe.. ;-) wink-wink.. If you are in the Los Angeles area, I can always refer you to my sales manager.

Regards,
Akiho

Thank you for your kind words. The area that I live has 2 Lexus dealers, both owned by the same person. Thus, no a lot of options were I am at. However, the salesman we have had for our 2 other cars has been great and i'd like to give him the business if his management is willing to play ball. I'll look into any additional discounts and see whats there.

As for LA, I wish. I keep telling my wife I'd like to leave the cold of the Northeast and head to NorCal in the coming years. She's getting there very slowly haha. I think 1-2 more winters with -25F windchills might do it.

I would like to shop around a little, but one issue I have is that I am going to most likely trade the Camaro in to the dealership I buy the car from. I will probably try to sell it privately, but most likely I will become lazy and just trade it for the convenience and minor loss (I will probably get MORE than my downpayment back). As I said above too, I actually love my dealership, and especially the salesman (manager) that we have dealt with.

Quick Reply: Pricing Question