RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-15, 04:10 AM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing Question

Dealership really does not matter. Akiho is correct, shop around for the best deal. 8k off is there trust me. You just have to find the dealership willing to make that deal.
Old 08-21-15, 04:54 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dealership matters less than say convenience to trade (how far I have to drive the Camaro out to or how far I have to go to personally investigate the RC-F myself) and distance from car purchase location to my bra guy to minimize the existence of any chips lol
Old 08-21-15, 07:23 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Dealership matters less than say convenience to trade (how far I have to drive the Camaro out to or how far I have to go to personally investigate the RC-F myself) and distance from car purchase location to my bra guy to minimize the existence of any chips lol
After purchasing the car, I had a rock chip on the bumper within 5 miles of my ppf installer.
Old 08-21-15, 07:27 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCF500
After purchasing the car, I had a rock chip on the bumper within 5 miles of my ppf installer.
Ugh...

My ppf installer is about 10 miles from me. I limped the NX down backroads avoiding everyone like a cancer and was able to make it safely.

I might consider taking painters tape and wrapping the front of the RC-F if I get it for the trip home and to the installer.
Old 08-21-15, 01:38 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
Dealership really does not matter. Akiho is correct, shop around for the best deal. 8k off is there trust me. You just have to find the dealership willing to make that deal.
I Don't know of Anybody else that's gotten a Dealership to come off 8k, but it's pretty obvious you Don't want to tell us who did on yours. If they came off 8k for you, you don't they might would do it for him too! Is it that big of deal just to name the Dealership who did?
Old 08-21-15, 10:33 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jalnsx
You will love the Lexus I have had 3 GTR's and they are totally different cars.
Hey, just the guy I need his input from. Made the mistake to buy a 2015 GTR, and just like you said, even though it's way faster than an RCF, I'm tired of it at only 3K miles (and yes, had to buy it blindly). And I dumped $4K on it in desirable cosmetic upgrades, like tint, aluminum paddle shifters, insulating all the rear of the car, resonated mid-pipe, etc., and it's still awfully noisy on trips. And the fact the engine is screaming at 4K rpm at only 100 mph doesn't help. Car is absolutely immaculate, never launched, and just serviced and new oil, but I want more of a GT car. Was thinking an M6, but it's way more expensive than the RCF, hate fake engine sound, and it's much heavier than the already portly RCF. So am thinking this car could be for me, and my way back into Lexus after owning almost every other V8 car they've made (SC400, LS400, GS400, SC430, etc). The RCF has 'engine piping' into the cabin, which is not fake at least, but read could be bothersome. Fortunately, read it's only a vacuum hose disconnection away from a better and more realistic engine sound. Has anybody here done that?

Now my questions to you: How quieter is this car compared to the GTR on the road? How about tranny shift quickness in manual? And is the ML significantly better than the Bose on the GTR or simply better? Are the rear turn-signals LEDs or incandescent? Only saw the front, which are LED, thankfully. Anyway, only local dealer has a 2015 fully loaded in white/red, which is pretty close to what I wanted (white/black), but if it has been sitting on the lot for a while, will probably pass. Was going to get a 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS fully loaded for $97K and my GTR in trade for $80K, but besides not having a local dealer, was probably going to tire of that car as well, for being too small inside, and not enough cargo capacity. At 53, just want something luxurious, sporty, and fast, and relatively agile, or a GT car. Live in the freaking desert, so twisted roads are far and apart. Plus the 2015 GTR was made softer, which I didn't like. Therefore, don't think the RCF is going to be any worse. And neither its mileage, since I've been getting 19 on the GTR at best on highway, due to its very short gearing. Enough crap. I'm actually excited to 'downgrade' to this car. Ha ha. Hope to be able to drive one tomorrow. Otherwise it'd be buying blindly, like always. I'm tired of throwing my hard-earned money away, especially now that was diagnosed with freaking leukemia. And just got surgery on a pre-cancerous melanoma. Geez. Love driving, and now that manuals are not nearly as good as automatics (plus very short geared too), want to own another RWD NA V8, and this seems to be the right car. Thank you for listening for my crap. Sorry.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-21-15 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-22-15, 05:36 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey, just the guy I need his input from. Made the mistake to buy a 2015 GTR, and just like you said, even though it's way faster than an RCF, I'm tired of it at only 3K miles (and yes, had to buy it blindly). And I dumped $4K on it in desirable cosmetic upgrades, like tint, aluminum paddle shifters, insulating all the rear of the car, resonated mid-pipe, etc., and it's still awfully noisy on trips. And the fact the engine is screaming at 4K rpm at only 100 mph doesn't help. Car is absolutely immaculate, never launched, and just serviced and new oil, but I want more of a GT car. Was thinking an M6, but it's way more expensive than the RCF, hate fake engine sound, and it's much heavier than the already portly RCF. So am thinking this car could be for me, and my way back into Lexus after owning almost every other V8 car they've made (SC400, LS400, GS400, SC430, etc). The RCF has 'engine piping' into the cabin, which is not fake at least, but read could be bothersome. Fortunately, read it's only a vacuum hose disconnection away from a better and more realistic engine sound. Has anybody here done that?

Now my questions to you: How quieter is this car compared to the GTR on the road? How about tranny shift quickness in manual? And is the ML significantly better than the Bose on the GTR or simply better? Are the rear turn-signals LEDs or incandescent? Only saw the front, which are LED, thankfully. Anyway, only local dealer has a 2015 fully loaded in white/red, which is pretty close to what I wanted (white/black), but if it has been sitting on the lot for a while, will probably pass. Was going to get a 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS fully loaded for $97K and my GTR in trade for $80K, but besides not having a local dealer, was probably going to tire of that car as well, for being too small inside, and not enough cargo capacity. At 53, just want something luxurious, sporty, and fast, and relatively agile, or a GT car. Live in the freaking desert, so twisted roads are far and apart. Plus the 2015 GTR was made softer, which I didn't like. Therefore, don't think the RCF is going to be any worse. And neither its mileage, since I've been getting 19 on the GTR at best on highway, due to its very short gearing. Enough crap. I'm actually excited to 'downgrade' to this car. Ha ha. Hope to be able to drive one tomorrow. Otherwise it'd be buying blindly, like always. I'm tired of throwing my hard-earned money away, especially now that was diagnosed with freaking leukemia. And just got surgery on a pre-cancerous melanoma. Geez. Love driving, and now that manuals are not nearly as good as automatics (plus very short geared too), want to own another RWD NA V8, and this seems to be the right car. Thank you for listening for my crap. Sorry.

The car is a lot quieter to drive than the GTR but does still have some road noise. The ride is stiff but nothing like the GTR and the RCF drives more like a luxury car with a refined power vs ***** to the wall pwr like the GTR. The shifts are good not as fast as the GTR but more smooth and refined. Room is way better in the RCF as I was not comfortable in the GTR but am very in the RCF. As for the ML radio it is amazing one of the best I have heard of any car I have owned with the exception of the Burmester found in the Porsche line up. The Bose does not even compare in my opinion to the ML found in the RCF. However, in saying that I have had the ML in a number of other Lexus products and I was not impressed but in the 850 watt RCF it is the real deal for me. Really cannot comment on the rear tail lights as I have never looked nor been behind one to notice. The cargo room is great and would be no problem to travel in if needed. The Cayman is very small as I cannot get in it (6'1" 250) so for me I would not even consider. The room in the RCF would be comparable to the 911 line in the Porsche brand. The seats in the RCF are great and very supportive and comfortable. I traded in a 15 Vette on this RCF which was a terrible car in my opinion so the room is a big plus to me. I would say out of all the cars I have owned the RCF is among my favorites so far. It does everything great and I really have no regrets at this point. I do wish they would have used the mouse found in the RX vs the finger deal to move thru the menu screens. I am 40 now so speed is less important and everywhere we go we do as a family so this car fits the bill for me. The only other car I would rather have at this moment is a 911TTS which at this point I am not willing to pay 160+ for. You mentioned the M6 which I looked at before buying this as well as the new X5M. I am just not a BMW fan as I think they all look wonderful but I just cannot like them after owning a few. The thing I hate most on the M cars is no park feature on the trans. I would hate to have to cut the car off to put in park or pull the e-brake every time I stopped or ran in somewhere! Hope this helps you would love the RCF. FYI-Also as mentioned above my best friend owns Motorcarsofjackson.com which just bought a 15 RCF wht/gry loaded with less than 120 miles on it. He also takes trades so if you like the car this might be a good call for you to make. As the car is brand new and he also would take your GTR in on trade. Might be able to save several thousand by buying his vs a new RCF!
Old 08-22-15, 07:34 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Listen guys . . . Trying to compare prices in this manner is an exercise in futility for several reasons.

First off, you are not coppering apples to apples and and oranges to oranges.

Good luck trying to get a great deal in August. August and December and typically the busiest months. Dealers do not have to cut prices deeply to meet dealer sales quotas to get their hefty quota payments.

It is generally during the slow months when dealers are getting close to not meeting their quotas to get their nice little quota or goal checks that they start discounting heavily to move product and worry less about profits based on margins on individual cars.

If you got a smoking dealer invoice deal at the end of the month, you may have simply hit the dealer lotto jackpot with a dealer that was coming up short on quota and was willing to take a loss on one or two cars to get a much larger payment for meeting quotas or goals.

Again, the time spent trying to save that extra $ 1,000 or later feeling bad because someone on the Internet says they got a $ 1,000 off more than you is actually a bit silly. For everyone that got a little better deal than you there may be 20 more that got a worse deal than you but that are still happy as my dog on T-bone night.

Even in the slow months and even if you wait until the last day of the month, there is no guarantee that you are going to get the deep discount so the dealer can make quota because they may have already met their goals.

As with everything Internet related, stop driving yourself crazy. If you are happy with your deal and happy with the car, pull the damn trigger and move on.

Also, support you local dealers. It will pay dividends in the long run . . . Penny wise, pond foolish . . .

Last edited by DougHII; 08-22-15 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-22-15, 09:16 AM
JCtx
Racer

The car is a lot quieter to drive than the GTR but does still have some road noise.
Hey man, thanks a million for your great help. Few more things, based on your comments: So the Cayman GTS is/feels smaller inside than the GTR? Was considering that car as well, but too expensive for what it is. Thought it was at least as big as the GTR inside. ANd isn't the 911 the exact same thing from the A-pillars forward? I reach the pedals fine at my 5' 10" in the Cayman, so a 911 wouldn't feel any different, no? Another. Did you actually drive an M5 or M6? How do they compare in noise cabin with the RCF? And I'm not too fond of BMWs either, after owning an M3 V8. But it seemed to be the only fast, quiet coupe with a great stereo, before I found out about this car. Drove an RS5, and just couldn't get past the awful weight distribution due to being based on a FWD platform (and never 100% rear bias, obviously). I guess the upcoming GSF is going to be quieter, no? And maybe lighter too. Audi's optional stereo wasn't the best I've heard by far. And I also wasn't impressed with the ML in the SC430 at all; the previous Nakamichis on the SC/GS/LS were much better IMO. Glad to hear it's great on this car. Wonder how it compares to BMW's HK and B&O. Finally, I don't think a long-distance purchase would be beneficial to me, plus prefer a brand new car never sat on, but please PM me the info on your buddy to consider it if needed. Thanks again.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-22-15 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-22-15, 12:00 PM
jalnsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey man, thanks a million for your great help. Few more things, based on your comments: So the Cayman GTS is/feels smaller inside than the GTR? Was considering that car as well, but too expensive for what it is. Thought it was at least as big as the GTR inside. ANd isn't the 911 the exact same thing from the A-pillars forward? I reach the pedals fine at my 5' 10" in the Cayman, so a 911 wouldn't feel any different, no? Another. Did you actually drive an M5 or M6? How do they compare in noise cabin with the RCF? And I'm not too fond of BMWs either, after owning an M3 V8. But it seemed to be the only fast, quiet coupe with a great stereo, before I found out about this car. Drove an RS5, and just couldn't get past the awful weight distribution due to being based on a FWD platform (and never 100% rear bias, obviously). I guess the upcoming GSF is going to be quieter, no? And maybe lighter too. Audi's optional stereo wasn't the best I've heard by far. And I also wasn't impressed with the ML in the SC430 at all; the previous Nakamichis on the SC/GS/LS were much better IMO. Glad to hear it's great on this car. Wonder how it compares to BMW's HK and B&O. Finally, I don't think a long-distance purchase would be beneficial to me, plus prefer a brand new car never sat on, but please PM me the info on your buddy to consider it if needed. Thanks again.

I have heard the Cayman and 911 pillar forward is similar but I only sat in the Cayman but yes it seemed smaller than the 911. Compared to a GTR I would say its smaller but the configuration is better as far as leg room. I do like the GTR it sits a bit higher so you do not have to fall into it like a lot of these sports cars. To me the GTR feels like you are sitting on a bucket not like you are part of the car. The Cayman was smaller to me in the cabin vs the 911 which seemed really large for it to be a sports car. It actually has more leg room than the RSF or any sports car I have driven but I am bias I love the 911's. Yes, I drove the new X5M and M6 when they came out. The M6 was very similar road noise to the RCF but just to many use-less buttons and dings for me. Also, the park deal was the killer for me I had a X5M in 2012 and liked it but after that huge loss I have been kindly sour towards the BMW brand. As far as the radio it is one of the best I have heard and is very similar to the Burmester and B&0 in quality. Like you Lexus over the years has not impressed me at all with the radios but this one is very impressive to me. I like the RCF better than the M6 but both are very similar in what they do well. However, since I do not keep a vehicle long I knew the RCF would hold way better resale than the M6. The M6 is faster if that is a need but for me I just liked the Lexus brand better. I like you was not a fan of the RS5 it looked ok but that was about all that appealed to me after driving one.

Chip motorcarsofjackson.com 601-383-3883

Last edited by jalnsx; 08-22-15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-23-15, 09:43 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Those of you that had GT-Rs but got rid of them in general or got rid of them for the RC-F, why did you do it?

I have a GT-R that I have been inquiring about concurrent with my RC-F search that that I may drive out and see next weekend (8hr drive....quite the time commitment) It is used and will cost about the same as a new RC-F. However, I have been driving myself batty between the 2. The GT-R was my dream car since I test drove one in college. However, I have loved F cars since the first time I ever saw an IS-F and have always wanted one.

The GT-R is a true engineering marvel. The power is endless and it's a truly unique car. However, it's built like a Nissan, the interior quality and random noises from the moving parts prove that. Sadly, even the recaro seats feel cheap and you feel distant from the driving experience. Repairs are very high in price Plus the GT-R tax on parts is irrationally expensive. Finally, when I pushed the start button on a brand new 2016 with 27 miles on it, it went bang bang bang start. I simply looked to my wife like "what the $@&$ was that...." While that is apparently considered normal, that was really concerning for a car of its price. Another thing holding me back on this car is the Flickr data came back with a lot of cautions, which the GT-R tech needs to tell me what they mean.

The RC-F is also a great car and in my area equally unique. I always wanted an IS-F and really just wanted an F car in general. The engine isn't as up to par as the GT-R, but is more solidly built with a better company backing. The interior is wonderful (and pretty much identical to what we have in out '15 IS and '15 NX) and the seats really make you feel more like one with the car. The modability isn't as much as the GT-R, but after modding 2 cars, I'm not really interested in heavily modding anymore.

I am really starting to lean MORE toward the RC-F, but something in my gut holds on tightly to the GT-R. This is a one choice thing as the wife will not permit a "oops I picked the wrong one" after doing that with the camaro haha.

Thus, I know I asked before, but I could really use some input from those of you that were in this predicament.

Please don't use sound as a reason when explaining. My camaro can shake windshields (well over 112dB) when I pull away, so sound is never an issue. Regardless what car I get, I will be making it that loud again lol
Old 08-23-15, 11:10 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

Those of you that had GT-Rs but got rid of them in general or got rid of them for the RC-F, why did you do it?

I have a GT-R that I have been inquiring about concurrent with my RC-F search that that I may drive out and see next weekend (8hr drive....quite the time commitment) It is used and will cost about the same as a new RC-F. However, I have been driving myself batty between the 2. The GT-R was my dream car since I test drove one in college. However, I have loved F cars since the first time I ever saw an IS-F and have always wanted one.

The GT-R is a true engineering marvel. The power is endless and it's a truly unique car. However, it's built like a Nissan, the interior quality and random noises from the moving parts prove that. Sadly, even the recaro seats feel cheap and you feel distant from the driving experience. Repairs are very high in price Plus the GT-R tax on parts is irrationally expensive. Finally, when I pushed the start button on a brand new 2016 with 27 miles on it, it went bang bang bang start. I simply looked to my wife like "what the $@&$ was that...." While that is apparently considered normal, that was really concerning for a car of its price. Another thing holding me back on this car is the Flickr data came back with a lot of cautions, which the GT-R tech needs to tell me what they mean.

The RC-F is also a great car and in my area equally unique. I always wanted an IS-F and really just wanted an F car in general. The engine isn't as up to par as the GT-R, but is more solidly built with a better company backing. The interior is wonderful (and pretty much identical to what we have in out '15 IS and '15 NX) and the seats really make you feel more like one with the car. The modability isn't as much as the GT-R, but after modding 2 cars, I'm not really interested in heavily modding anymore.

I am really starting to lean MORE toward the RC-F, but something in my gut holds on tightly to the GT-R. This is a one choice thing as the wife will not permit a "oops I picked the wrong one" after doing that with the camaro haha.

Thus, I know I asked before, but I could really use some input from those of you that were in this predicament.

Please don't use sound as a reason when explaining. My camaro can shake windshields (well over 112dB) when I pull away, so sound is never an issue. Regardless what car I get, I will be making it that loud again lol
The GTR is great at two things which are speed and race tracks. Beyond that the car is boring, uncomfortable, and like you said Nissan built. The RCF is just a great all around car that is the first car I have owned that my wife loves. Buy the RCF unless you want to track the car because in my opinion you will enjoy everyday life way more with the Lexus!
Old 08-23-15, 07:08 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy local so if I have issues you get better support. The few grand you save will cost more in the long run once the car is outside of warranty and you want them to goodwill anything or if you buy any other new car from them. Remember this is the 1st year of this car so we may have issues down the road.
Old 08-24-15, 12:26 AM
JCtx
Racer

I do like the GTR it sits a bit higher so you do not have to fall into it like a lot of these sports cars.
Hey, that's one reason I DON'T like it. Ha ha. But a matter of preference. I like to be seated lower to the ground, like on the RC-F and Cayman.

I can help you with that buddy. Drove an RC-F yesterday. Very nice car overall. But if you want to drive it strictly with the paddles (like I'd do), you'd be disappointed, like I was. Upshifts are not bad, but downshifts are downright unacceptable IMO. Plus there's nothing like the paddles attached to the column, not the steering wheel. I changed the paddles for a very expensive set of aftermarket aluminum ones, that feel incredible to shift, and you can do it at 10/2, 9/3, or 8/4 driving positions. Both upshifts and downshifts are nearly instantaneous (Getrag 7-sp DCTs on BMWs, Porsches, and Ferraris are basically instantaneous), and throttle blips on downshifts are very aggressive. Engine sounds incredible on the GTR from the inside, with nothing of the artificial crap on the RC-F, BMWs, and other cars. And on the outside, I don't love it, but all my car-loving brothers and father say it sounds nicer than my brother's flat-crank V8 Ferraris. Go figure. I only changed the cat midpipe for a resonated one. I also insulated the entire rear of the car (under rear seats) and put a special mat in the trunk, to quiet the noise. The transmission racket is basically gone, but the car remains quite noisy on trips. My main beef is the short 6th, and lack of 7th gear, with the engine basically screaming on the highway without reason: 3K rpm in 6th only produces 82 mph. My other beef is the seats are very confining, and I'm only 160#. Got cramps on a trip to Tahoe. Will do one more trip to Phoenix in a week, and if it gives me cramps again, then it's going to go. It's much more visceral to drive the GTR, and I'll miss it for sure if I sell it. But to be brutally honest, it's just too damn fast, and it only tempts you to get in trouble. It's downright scary how fast it is from low speeds. If you're not an experienced driver, it'd scare the crap out of you at WOT even if you have the wheels pointed straight. But in general, it's a very easy car to drive fast due to its AWD system. And the fact you CANNOT deactivate the TC without losing your warranty (I had to sign a paper for that with huge, bold, red letters). Hopefully you'll have a chance to drive one enough to know which one you want. This car although very heavy, it's actually lighter than the RC-F by about 200 lbs, even though it's AWD. Don't know what the heck Lexus put on that car. Ha ha.

Anyway, if I decide to buy the RC-F, and you decide on a GTR, you could have my 2015 Premium white/black for 81 grand handled thru either El Paso or Albuquerque dealer (to count as a trade-in), with less than 4K miles (3,060 right now), just serviced, in absolutely immaculate shape, patiently broken-in, never launched, not modified, etc. You wouldn't find a better one at that price. And I have $4K in very desirable extras, including the afforementioned insulation, mirror radar detector mount hardwired (under the mirror, so no suction cups), an HKS midpipe without cats, 3M tint (20/35), a jack kit, OEM GTR car cover, etc. Car has always been garaged, battery charged weekly, etc. If I don't cramp on that trip, by sitting right in the middle of the seat, and with my butt as far back as possible, I'd think long and hard if it's worth basically swapping for an RC-F. The interior is mostly cheap, as noted. But has the same size screen as the RC-F. But the chassis and drivetrain is where the money went. And has gauges for everything. If feels more like a sports car, and it has no power steering column, no memory, but nav, bluetooth streaming, voice commands, USB, etc. Interior space is basically the same. I'm an inch from the rear seat, exactly like on the RC-F. But the GTR feels more cramped, due to not having the stacked dash (windshield is less raked). The engine on the GTR is a jewel, since it's not only hand-built, but blueprinted (no other production car can claim that, AFAIK). It's the quietest engine (as far as valvetrain noise) I've ever owned, period. The tranny is crude as hell, with noises that you think it's going to fall down, but all normal. It's basically a race engine and transmission. It only has 6 gears, but it's extremely robust. FYI, people modify these cars to 750 HP without touching neither engine or tranny, and without issues. They're incredibly reliable and robust left stock. People put well over 100K miles with zero problems. I didn't like the engine was tuned for 93 octane. There's none where I live, and after pouring a bottle of 'Boostane' octane booster, the car is a beast by comparison. Each bottle is $25, so I wouldn't do it all the time, but if you're going to race or going with fast guys, you can buy some. Otherwise you also get the dreaded 10 psi boost limit in hot weather. But even at 10 psi, it's quicker than my ex-Vette or the RS-F. Right now is a downright beast. And with few mods (if you're into that), even scarier. If I have had the opportunity to drive a GTR and RC-F for 100 miles on a trip each, and there's something to fix the lethargic downshifts on the RC-F, would have chosen the RC-F, and save 25 grand in the process. In your case, you can buy both for the same amount, so you're a much luckier guy. You could eat lunch on the carpets of my car, the engine, or the underbody. I drive without shoes, and always lever myself in and out of my cars, so zero wear. Bought it right off the truck with 19 track miles from the factory (most have over 30 after dealer test-drives), so it's better than new inside. And outside just a few miniature rock chips, and an unnoticeable 2" very mild scrape under the front bumper (all new cars I checked were worse than mine, due to a steep ramp). Good luck. And PM me if you have specific questions.

To finish, will probably go to the dealer tomorrow again, get answers to my tranny and fake noise questions, and try to drive the car with the trumpet noise maker disconnected to see if that eliminates all artificial engine sounds, and see what happens. Car indeed has the best stereo I've sampled so far, seats are incredibly comfortable, and the overall driving position (including steering wheel and pedal placement) is just about perfect for my tastes. The infotainment controller is crap (knew that), and screen very small (especially that far away), but no car is perfect. Oh, also not amused about a freaking parking brake pedal, but it is what it is. Or lack of bolster adjustment, present on the GS. Will keep you posted on my experience folks. And thank you once more for all your incredible patience and help.

Last edited by JCtx; 08-24-15 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-24-15, 12:51 AM
JCtx
Racer

Hey folks, a related question on the original subject: Why the heck does Lexus offer TWO wheel options when all 3 are forged aluminum and of the same freaking size? And even worse, charge $1,500 more when the wheel is heavier and uglier? I'd have gladly left the originals, but with all other options... which we know never happens. At least if they're going to basically force us to pay $1,500 more, give us our money's worth with a lighter (thin spokes) and nicer design. Okay, rant off .

Quick Reply: Pricing Question