RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Did lexus make too many RC-F's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-15, 03:31 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had many 1st year cares like a 1991 NSX for 90k, everyone said 90k for a Honda! now look at it 20+ years later, same with the twin turbo RX7 I had in 1994.

I have yet to have someone say they did not like this car and I let a lot of people drive it, the internet is always skewed because you have retards that say they hate the RCF and don't even own one. Like Doug said go drive it and don't worry about what the retards on the internet say.

I think once the car gets a few years on it and the M3/M4 start to fall apart in 3-4 years this car will hold solid just like the Jap cars always do.

Also not sure why everyone want's resale, if you want to make money the LAST place you go is a mass produced product like a car, get a mutual fund or something lol.

Last edited by Ryanmcd; 09-07-15 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 03:46 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I have had many 1st year cares like a 1991 NSX for 90k, everyone said 90k for a Honda! now look at it 20+ years later, same with the twin turbo RX7 I had in 1994.

I have yet to have someone say they did not like this car and I let a lot of people drive it, the internet is always skewed because you have retards that say they hate the RCF and don't even own one. Like Doug said go drive it and don't worry about what the retards on the internet say.

I think once the car gets a few years on it and the M3/M4 start to fall apart in 3-4 years this car will hold solid just like the Jap cars always do.

Also not sure why everyone want's resale, if you want to make money the LAST place you go is a mass produced product like a car, get a mutual fund or something lol.
Yep, no doubt. I laugh because we have have GS owner whinning about demand and resale. Meanwhile, he is driving a GS and I am driving an RC F. Wouldn't trade places for the world. And holy smokes, . . . you buy a spots car to have fun and we have a bunch of people around here worried about resale value on a sports car. Really? Lol, meanwhile they are tooling around in their GS and I am having fun in a sports car.

Also gotta love the internet for all of the cheap skates, I wanna save $ 50 and brag about it even if it takes me 4 years to do so.

Sorry, off my soap box. Waiting on wife to get home, enjoying a 6 pack of Yazoo, a beautiful day and a gorgeous view from deck. These are all high bottom problems and we all should be so lucky to worry about such minor details in life.

Have a great one everyone and get out there and buy an RC F if that is what makes you happy . . .

Last edited by DougHII; 09-07-15 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 04:40 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Who the hell said anything about 'making money'? Come on man. YOU are being part of the internet crap. Nobody here made the decision to buy this car as an investment, or because it's resale value. But it's always nice to lose less than more when it's eventually time to sell. Most of us work hard for our money, so resale is always in the back of most owners' minds. I just lost over 30 grand on the 2015 GTR, mostly because Nissan decided to keep building them like Sentras when there were a ton of 2014 leftovers already... and offered 10 grand rebates to move them. So yes, I wasn't amused to lose 10 grand more than I had to, and will never buy another as a result. By the way, my intention was to keep that car for a long time, but you never know if you're going to have to sell it for a number of reasons (mine was wrong car, and what a costly mistake). Hope you get the point now.
Old 09-08-15, 05:46 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Yea it is economics 101 for that specific Canadian market that is heavily discounted when Winter is Coming and end of 2015 MY. A place that is terrible to own a sportscar because half the year you cant even use it. They have to get rid of it because if they dont its going to rot for 6 months before anyone can even drive a sportscar when the weather and roads arent hostile to a sportscar anymore. Its not like the southern states where you can drive it whenever you want.

Try getting that 10k off down here. Good luck. All the northerners are trying to unload it before winter comes and they wont be able to sell them. Southerner can pick one up cheap if they are willing to ship.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 09-08-15 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-08-15, 06:04 AM
Ca1avera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did lexus make too many RC-F's?

Just checked out the inventory for two local dealerships and wow. All year at best they only had two to none in their inventory. Right now one has 4 and the other 9.
Old 09-09-15, 12:16 PM
Megaman
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More than happy to help anyone out, PM me for a great deal on RCFs in Socal.
Old 09-09-15, 05:06 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ca1avera
Just checked out the inventory for two local dealerships and wow. All year at best they only had two to none in their inventory. Right now one has 4 and the other 9.
The more RC Fs a dealer sells, the more the dealer can secure. My local Dealership is selling and pulling in as many as they can secure.

I was told they are selling as Lexus predicted. I am sure certain regions may have their challenges based on climate and demographics (age, income, etc.).

Glad I got mine.
Old 09-09-15, 10:32 PM
jadoocian
Driver School Candidate

I just joined the site so I can post on this thread.

Anyone with tips in Canada (Toronto) to get a good deal... please send them my way.
I've test driven one... just looking for the best deal now.

Also what is this 2015MY I keep reading about...? :\

Thank you.
Old 09-09-15, 11:10 PM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadoocian
I just joined the site so I can post on this thread.

Anyone with tips in Canada (Toronto) to get a good deal... please send them my way.
I've test driven one... just looking for the best deal now.

Also what is this 2015MY I keep reading about...? :\

Thank you.
2015MY is the model year, that's where the incentives are. Lexus Canada is giving a $10k delivery credit on all 2015 RC-F's. It's on the Lexus Canada website and every dealer knows about it. From there, just negotiate to get the dealer to drop the price some more, you shouldn't have much problems getting another $4-5k off. The more cars the dealers have in stock, the better chance you'll get more money off in addition to the factory incentives. $15k off is a steal.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Excited to join the club!
Old 09-09-15, 11:15 PM
jadoocian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rage2
2015MY is the model year, that's where the incentives are. Lexus Canada is giving a $10k delivery credit on all 2015 RC-F's. It's on the Lexus Canada website and every dealer knows about it. From there, just negotiate to get the dealer to drop the price some more, you shouldn't have much problems getting another $4-5k off. The more cars the dealers have in stock, the better chance you'll get more money off in addition to the factory incentives. $15k off is a steal.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Excited to join the club!
Where are you seeing 10k deliver credit? I only see 5k savings on the RCF:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/shoppin...n-fall-savings
Old 09-09-15, 11:23 PM
rage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by jadoocian
Where are you seeing 10k deliver credit? I only see 5k savings on the RCF:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/shoppin...n-fall-savings
Scroll to the top of the page. There's also a base delivery credit in addition to the fall savings promotion. I assure you it's $10k from Lexus Canada alone. Both dealerships in Calgary offered me those credits prior to final negotiations. If the dealer isn't giving that to you, they're pocketing it for themselves.
Old 09-09-15, 11:30 PM
jadoocian
Driver School Candidate

Scroll to the top of the page. There's also a base delivery credit in addition to the fall savings promotion. I assure you it's $10k from Lexus Canada alone. Both dealerships in Calgary offered me those credits prior to final negotiations. If the dealer isn't giving that to you, they're pocketing it for themselves.
please check private message.
thank you.
Old 09-10-15, 08:47 AM
Eis
Driver School Candidate

I am confident that you can get it in the high-60k in AB based on invoice price. What a deal for a car of this caliber. Too bad I cannot justify such an expensive toy right now. If only it were AWD.
Old 09-10-15, 09:11 AM
jadoocian
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for your advice everyone - I've sent out emails to Greater Toronto Area dealers and just looking for the best deal at the moment.
Old 09-10-15, 09:19 AM
rage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eis
I am confident that you can get it in the high-60k in AB based on invoice price. What a deal for a car of this caliber. Too bad I cannot justify such an expensive toy right now. If only it were AWD.
There's a non-performance 2015 RC-F demo that can be had in the mid 60's. That's the same price as a new RC 350 F-Sport Series 2.

Also, here's the Calgary dealer showing $10k delivery credits: http://www.lexusofcalgary.com/specia...s/new-specials

I'm not sure why Lexus builder site isn't showing $10k. Kinda weird.

Last edited by rage2; 09-10-15 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Did lexus make too many RC-F's?