RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Did lexus make too many RC-F's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-15, 08:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
FWIW, Car and Driver just did an article about torque vectoring differentials and used the RC F with and without TVD as their comparison car. They came away quite impressed with the abilities. This article is in the October 2015 printed edition. They do note that the cars are otherwise similarly equipped, and with the same tires.
You can also get 10 different car mag reviews & get 10 different opinions.
Old 09-18-15, 08:46 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 3ivato
Any Numbers u can give (Ballpark ) on a Rcf ??? In So cal.....Thnx
In SoCal...

I know Longo Lexus is doing unbelievable deals on the RC F

Joe Z
Old 09-18-15, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
In SoCal...

Joe Z
so the secret is out?
Old 09-19-15, 05:24 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Despite how they raved about the TVD car, it only finished 4 tenths of a second ahead of the non TVD car on a 1.7 mile road course. Whats 4 tenths of a second a couple of car lengths? I would have expected a bigger difference for the money it cost. The article sounded like the TVD makes the car easier to drive which is certainly worth something

Originally Posted by JDR76
FWIW, Car and Driver just did an article about torque vectoring differentials and used the RC F with and without TVD as their comparison car. They came away quite impressed with the abilities. This article is in the October 2015 printed edition. They do note that the cars are otherwise similarly equipped, and with the same tires.
Old 09-19-15, 05:41 PM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Despite how they raved about the TVD car, it only finished 4 tenths of a second ahead of the non TVD car on a 1.7 mile road course. Whats 4 tenths of a second a couple of car lengths? I would have expected a bigger difference for the money it cost. The article sounded like the TVD makes the car easier to drive which is certainly worth something
TVD offers different driving dynamics at the push of a button. It's important for those who value how a car feels around a corner. Lap times are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. A better driver will make up the difference anyways. Besides, if chasing laptimes on a track is important to you, you wouldn't be buying an RC-F.
Old 09-19-15, 06:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by rage2
TVD offers different driving dynamics at the push of a button. It's important for those who value how a car feels around a corner. Lap times are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. A better driver will make up the difference anyways. Besides, if chasing laptimes on a track is important to you, you wouldn't be buying an RC-F.
Exactly, this is Why i would think What's the Purpose of getting one with the TVD Unless you was going to Track it & even then it's Not going to make that Much of a Difference. And, like you mentioned IF chasing lap times is important Why would you even get an RCF!
Old 09-19-15, 06:42 PM
rage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Exactly, this is Why i would think What's the Purpose of getting one with the TVD Unless you was going to Track it & even then it's Not going to make that Much of a Difference. And, like you mentioned IF chasing lap times is important Why would you even get an RCF!
Because there are corners on the street where you feel the difference?
Old 09-19-15, 07:12 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Maybe so but we have Speed Limits on Streets around here & you can Usually take the corners without having to have a TVD to Worry about it (though you're right it would probably help)!
Old 09-19-15, 10:12 PM
rage2
Rookie

Maybe so but we have Speed Limits on Streets around here & you can Usually take the corners without having to have a TVD to Worry about it (though you're right it would probably help)!
If you're worried about speed limits, there's always the Prius to consider. Why are you even driving a 450hp car?
Old 09-20-15, 01:38 AM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
In SoCal...

Joe Z
What sort of number off msrp are we talking about for an "unbelievable deal"? And who is a good guy to talk to at Longo?

Thanks
Old 09-20-15, 11:47 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

$5500 to feel a difference on corners on public roads seems a little pricey to me.

Old 09-20-15, 12:39 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
$5500 to feel a difference on corners on public roads seems a little pricey to me.
That's the price of the entire performance package, not just TVD. And that makes the car MUCH better looking, and unique as well. You can get the TVD as a stand-alone option, but don't know how much it costs. THAT is the price you should have quoted. And yes, most of us buy such cars to push them on safe places, where HOW THE CAR FEELS makes all the difference in owner satisfaction. You should try one first, then dismiss it if you want. But not blindly.
Old 09-20-15, 01:52 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

If you're worried about speed limits, there's always the Prius to consider. Why are you even driving a 450hp car?
Hey Cooch, did you bother to look at my signature? Does ANY of these Vehicles look Similar to a Prius to YOU? & Which RCF did you get?
Old 09-20-15, 03:55 PM
rage2
Rookie

Hey Cooch, did you bother to look at my signature? Does ANY of these Vehicles look Similar to a Prius to YOU? & Which RCF did you get?
I did. That's why I'm confused why you would bring speed limits into the equation. I bought the Performance pack with TVD. I don't plan on tracking the car, test drove both before choosing the TVD, it makes a huge difference around even an off ramp at 8/10ths.
Old 09-20-15, 06:11 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

I did. That's why I'm confused why you would bring speed limits into the equation. I bought the Performance pack with TVD. I don't plan on tracking the car, test drove both before choosing the TVD, it makes a huge difference around even an off ramp at 8/10ths.
REALLY, Well as Long as You're Satisfied that's ALL that Matters! I can't Believe it made a HUGE Difference even on an OFF Ramp. That was an Extra $5500 WELL SPENT!

Quick Reply: Did lexus make too many RC-F's?