RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any source for an 'RC F' front fender badge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-15, 09:27 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Any source for an 'RC F' front fender badge?

Hey folks, just wondering if somebody has a source to buy/make fender badges with RC F, instead of just an F. The trunk letters are just pathetic, and it's hard to clean the rear with them, especially on a white car with direct-injection (lots of soot). So they were gone 10 minutes after arriving home. And yes, the F too. Had to leave the fender Fs due to having freaking pins (holes on the sheetmetal), but rather have the whole model designation instead of just a stupid F (BMW has M3, M4, M6, etc. on fender badges, not just M). A small chromed RC and larger C/F F would look great IMO. Thanks.
Old 09-18-15, 11:15 AM
jduong29
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey folks, just wondering if somebody has a source to buy/make fender badges with RC F, instead of just an F. The trunk letters are just pathetic, and it's hard to clean the rear with them, especially on a white car with direct-injection (lots of soot). So they were gone 10 minutes after arriving home. And yes, the F too. Had to leave the fender Fs due to having freaking pins (holes on the sheetmetal), but rather have the whole model designation instead of just a stupid F (BMW has M3, M4, M6, etc. on fender badges, not just M). A small chromed RC and larger C/F F would look great IMO. Thanks.
Seems to me your a little over your head about the badges. You got a RC F. Be happy with it and leave the badges alone. To me the F is very nice and stand out from the rest. Why do you want to be like BMW? If you like BMW then go get the M3 cause you like how the badges look. Everything is special on the RC F and if you start to take everything off then it would look like base RC 350.
Old 09-18-15, 03:39 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by jduong29
Seems to me your a little over your head about the badges. You got a RC F. Be happy with it and leave the badges alone. To me the F is very nice and stand out from the rest. Why do you want to be like BMW? If you like BMW then go get the M3 cause you like how the badges look. Everything is special on the RC F and if you start to take everything off then it would look like base RC 350.
You wasted your time writing that? Geez. I just want a freaking front fender badge with 'RC F' (rather than just an 'F'), and you came up with that totally unrelated crap? Are you a politician, by any chance? Well, at least you bumped my thread.
Old 09-18-15, 08:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm NOT necessarily talking about JC, but i've noticed on the 3 car clubs that i'm in that there are Always guys that will immediately start replacing things on the New cars, whether it be the steering wheel, the brakes, the wheels, the shocks or WHATEVER it just seems like they feel like they know what Should have come on the car from the beginning OR they just feel more comfortable changing it to what THEY like more. Hey, it's their car so they can do whatever they want!
Old 09-18-15, 09:07 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why even bother commenting if you have nothing to add to the OPs question? Who gives a ***** if he wants to change his badges, it's his car. That's like asking him "why are you on this forum, your car is perfect".

To the OP, there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts for "us" RCF owners. The only place I've seen aftermarket badges was BP Auto, but they were "faux carbon fiber" replacements, vice a new RCF badge you're looking for. You could always slap the RC badge to the left of the F like the photo here on eBay.

The other option, which isn't cost effective, is to have custom badges made. I design coins for the military and have access to numerous factories overseas that can make a badge for you, however the cost would likely be $200-$300 to have them made. The high price comes from having to create the initial mold, but once the mold is made, the actual badges would only cost $2-3 dollars each to make afterwards.

Hope something I said helps.
Old 09-20-15, 11:57 AM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by toystry
have access to numerous factories overseas that can make a badge for you, however the cost would likely be $200-$300 to have them made.
THAT is help. Just slapping the ugly plastic RC letters would be out of the question man. The main reason I remove them in the first place is for easier cleaning, so would never slap them anywhere else. Besides, all the mods I do have to look OEM or better, so any crap badge wouldn't do it for me. Again, I'm looking at a OEM quality badge for the fenders only because couldn't remove them due to holes on the sheetmetal. And would only do it if design and cost is not ridiculous, and quality was OEM. If I'm the only one and they cost $300, I'd probably just leave it alone. But if cost comes down to let's say, $200 or less, due to others wanting them too or whatever, then I'd probably do it. Please post or send me the info if you have it. Only problem is I'm not a designer and don't have any idea how to make such a badge of the same size as stock with RC F in there, so if nobody else has any ideas, will leave it alone. I could immediately tell you if I like it or not. But am not the artistic type to come up with a design myself. Thanks for the help anyway man; appreciate it.

And after owning a new GTR, I know all about people modifying their cars right away, even such a powerful one like that, and losing your powertrain warranty in the process. I'm not like that at all; I prefer to improve the driver, and that's what I do (last was a Bondurant camp a few weeks ago). I only change things that are absolutely needed for me, and on this car, there's nothing. I'm not even touching the exhaust after on my last Lexus, adding a ton of drone inside while cruising. The only mods I do are purely cosmetic, like clearbra, window tint (more a need than want here in hot TX), radar detector mount, removing stickers/badges, adding a magnetic drain plug and radiator protection (fiberglass screen), and crap like that.