Old 09-18-15, 03:02 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default POV: RC-F w/TVD vs. ISF

RC-F POV:

IS-F POV:

Review:

Last edited by ChuH; 09-30-15 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-18-15, 04:21 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the RC F driver is paddle shifting, but I can see if he is in Sport+ auto or Sport+ manual.

It's a masterpiece V8--you gotta love the engine.

Both the RC F and IS F pull nicely to redline. The RC F loves to rev high.
Old 09-18-15, 02:29 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

All 3 drives look like RC-Fs to me... and watched the video three freaking times. Couldn't tell it apart. Which is the IS-F? What a disappointment. Not only identical inside to the much older IS-F, but now identical outside to ALL freaking Lexus cars. But more disappointed at lesser RCs having tons more equipment than the top dog F, even with all options: no lane departure, no adjustable suspension, no gauge color choices (red needle on white background), no front central parking sensors, no variable-ratio steering, etc. It has even more extra features, but I don't care for them. Oh well.
Old 09-18-15, 02:44 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
All 3 drives look like RC-Fs to me... and watched the video three freaking times. Couldn't tell it apart. Which is the IS-F? What a disappointment. Not only identical inside to the much older IS-F, but now identical outside to ALL freaking Lexus cars. But more disappointed at lesser RCs having tons more equipment than the top dog F, even with all options: no lane departure, no adjustable suspension, no gauge color choices (red needle on white background), no front central parking sensors, no variable-ratio steering, etc. It has even more extra features, but I don't care for them. Oh well.
All 3 drives was in the RCF. I can't believe you didn't figure that out lol. The ISF looks way different inside than the RCF.

I am not sure about all the other features but the F has adjustable suspension. Also I dont know if it is because I like lexuses but I have no problem telling them apart. In no way I could confuse the IS, GS, LS or RC. BMW on the other hand I cant tell a 3 series from a 7 series

EDIT: The RCF does have lane departure. Not sure were you are getting your info from.

Last edited by Blaze876; 09-18-15 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-18-15, 04:15 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks more like a "w/" than a "vs". And I, too, watched it several times thinking that I missed something. Hahahaha
Old 09-18-15, 04:38 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaze876
All 3 drives was in the RCF. I can't believe you didn't figure that out lol. The ISF looks way different inside than the RCF.
Well, I can't believe you don't know the RC-F DOES NOT come with neither adjustable suspension nor lane departure, so you obviously do not own one (brochure attached for your education). And as far as not figuring out it was an RC-F, as a matter of fact I DID, since I said it was identical. Somebody said it was an IS-F in there, hence my comment. And no, it's also obvious I've never been in an IS-F, but know the RC-F was based mostly on it (middle section from the convertible, front of the coupe -and rear from the GS), hence my suspicion interior could be the same as well. Finally, the RC-F is not identical to any other Lexus (except the RC350, of course), but look at the interior, taillights and grilles of ANY other current redesigned Lexus and you need to look twice to tell them apart. Even the new NX interior looks too much like our car. I don't approve of that stupid mentality all your cars have to look very similar, but I'm aware Lexus is far from the only car company doing that nowadays. Even Ferrari does that with their interiors (hard to tell any car apart), but at least the exteriors are very different. Okay, rant off. Ha ha.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RC-F Brochure.pdf (4.26 MB, 631 views)

Last edited by JCtx; 09-18-15 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-18-15, 05:09 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Well, I can't believe you don't know the RC-F DOES NOT come with neither adjustable suspension nor lane departure, so you obviously do not own one. And as far as not figuring out it was an RC-F, as a matter of fact I DID, since I said it was identical. Somebody said it was an IS-F in there, hence my comment. And no, it's also obvious I've never been in an IS-F, but know the RC-F was based mostly on it (middle section from the convertible, front of the coupe -and rear from the GS), hence my suspicion interior could be the same as well. Finally, the RC-F is not identical to any other Lexus (except the RC350, of course), but look at the interior, taillights and grilles of ANY other current redesigned Lexus and you need to look twice to tell them apart. Even the new NX interior looks too much like our car. I don't approve of that stupid mentality all your cars have to look very similar, but I very well know almost everybody else practices it. Even Ferrari does that with their interiors (hard to tell any car apart), but at least the exteriors are very different. Okay, rant off. Ha ha.
the ISF was the car that it was following at the beginning of the video...
Old 09-18-15, 07:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,783 Posts

By third gear, the RC-F seemed to have put about 2 car lengths on the ISF (look in the side view mirror on the passenger side) and then the ISF continued to fall back. At higher speeds, RCF changes lanes and gets in front of the ISF.

RCF won this one fair and square.
Old 09-18-15, 07:38 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Cool vid!!

Looks like the RC-F won at higher speeds (after 4th gear? 100+mph?) I think 1st gear in the IS-F is like 35-40mph.

Looks like RC-F faster in drag strip, IS-F faster at track (Lighting Lap)...which one do we mostly do everyday?

I know I love gently easing into first then just flooring it and shifiting at redline and having people in traffic go "WTF?"
Old 09-18-15, 09:07 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISF001
I know the RC F driver is paddle shifting, but I can see if he is in Sport+ auto or Sport+ manual.

It's a masterpiece V8--you gotta love the engine.

Both the RC F and IS F pull nicely to redline. The RC F loves to rev high.
He's in Sport S+ Manual Mode
Old 09-19-15, 06:34 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Cool vid!!

Looks like the RC-F won at higher speeds (after 4th gear? 100+mph?) I think 1st gear in the IS-F is like 35-40mph.

Looks like RC-F faster in drag strip, IS-F faster at track (Lighting Lap)...which one do we mostly do everyday?

I know I love gently easing into first then just flooring it and shifiting at redline and having people in traffic go "WTF?"
Well personally I drive to and from work/gym/errands, and go for the odd spirited drive... no lightning laps like 90% of the other owners

I loved my ISF's but the interior's became dated, the sound system and steering wheel sucked, and I grew tired of the looks.

As a person who owned two highly modified ISF's, I would take my RCF any day in any department.
Old 09-26-15, 02:59 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Update: Is-f pov