RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealership Won't install Carbotech Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-15, 11:17 AM
Lexusfixer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Go back & look at what i posted in the thread of squealing brake pads & you'll see it's NOT that Easy & i'd Love to know Who or WHY anyone would order custom wheels thru a dealership parts dept. & just HOW MUCH ya'll's mark up is for that?

If the brake job is done right , you shouldn't have any noise. Who would buy the wheels, Pro sports players, people who have more money than sense and so on .
Old 10-08-15, 01:12 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Thanks jkeifer, but No i Definitely don't need to try & do them That's what i don't understand about my tire/wheel guy not really wanting to do them IF they're not any different than any other brake pad job? I'm going to go to another one & just see what they say. You didn't have any issues with the sensors or any CEL's after you did yours? That's what they were afraid of was a problem hooking everything back up without any issues with the tire/wheel sensors & CEL's. In other words, are you sayin' they're not ANY different than any other vehicle?
No, I had no problems whatsoever as they are form, fit and functionally equivalent to the OEM. Good luck in having them installed!