Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 09:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
Hey guys,

We have a couple sets done and 2 more shipping soon. After we get feedback from these customers we will be releasing more information. One set has been installed and will be at the SEMA show next week. There are pictures on instagram of the install done at Project Import in California.

Dynos, pricing, pictures and other information will be posted as soon as we have feedback and finalized the product.
Sounds Great Paul..!!

Just watched the clip on IG

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-29-15 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-30-15, 05:57 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I would like to see before/after INDEPENDANT dyno results. They look like they should make power, but its very easy to exaggerate the numbers on the dyno if you want to.

I've driven and dyno'd several header equipped ISF's... and I don't see them making any power over gutted primary cats, for whatever reason. Don't see it on the dyno, and don't feel it on the street either.

BTW, if you are comparing dyno results, and not publishing the corresponding A/F ratio graph, then the results are meaningless, because you can easily get a 30hp variation with our cars on the dyno as a function of intake air temp and coolant temps (which influence AFR and ignition timing).

So anyway, I don't want to be misunderstood, but I am just saying that it would be nice to see proven dyno results on these headers. Perhaps the equal length version will actually make some power, as I suspect that headers for the ISF (either due to unequal length or primary tube diameter) tend to result in ignition retard due to increased knock activity, perhaps due to lean AFR at certain cylinders.

Rafi
I currently have gutted cats, with a resonated Apexi N1 system. I will try to get my car on the dyno before and after, but its almost winter here and most shops start closing their dyno's down.
Old 10-30-15, 07:02 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey guys,

We have a couple sets done and 2 more shipping soon. After we get feedback from these customers we will be releasing more information. One set has been installed and will be at the SEMA show next week. There are pictures on instagram of the install done at Project Import in California.

Dynos, pricing, pictures and other information will be posted as soon as we have feedback and finalized the product.
Is there a plan to offer a cat/header back dual mode exhaust system similar to the system you created for the IS-F?
Old 10-31-15, 06:52 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I currently have gutted cats, with a resonated Apexi N1 system. I will try to get my car on the dyno before and after, but its almost winter here and most shops start closing their dyno's down.
Kidd, i'm way down South & this may be a Dumb question but WHY would the shops start closing their dyno's down in the winter? They're all indoors aren't they? Guess i'd never heard this before & was just wondering if it's a Canada thang
Old 11-01-15, 07:17 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Kidd, i'm way down South & this may be a Dumb question but WHY would the shops start closing their dyno's down in the winter? They're all indoors aren't they? Guess i'd never heard this before & was just wondering if it's a Canada thang
once the snow hits the ground they don't generally allow cars to roll in. Too messy, and they are the ones under the car strapping it down and having to deal with the mess on the rollers after.

The dyno's are indoors but the access still requires you to drive outside.
Old 11-01-15, 09:43 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
once the snow hits the ground they don't generally allow cars to roll in. Too messy, and they are the ones under the car strapping it down and having to deal with the mess on the rollers after.

The dyno's are indoors but the access still requires you to drive outside.
How much does it cost to get a Dyno Pull in Canada?
Old 11-01-15, 10:12 PM
suppliedra
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toystry
As long as they aren't $13,000 like another company someone mentioned the other day.....was shocked that one of the members here actually paid $13,000 for a set of headers/exhaust.
That is what happens when you go Novel
Old 11-02-15, 07:28 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
How much does it cost to get a Dyno Pull in Canada?
$100-160 depending on the shop
Old 11-05-15, 09:22 AM
1wrenchguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

Will you be offering equal lengths for the ISF as well? Plenty of us still out there coming into the market for them.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 11-05-15, 01:16 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

We are considering it. We won't be able to start looking at an equal length ISF header till next year.

Originally Posted by 1wrenchguy
Will you be offering equal lengths for the ISF as well? Plenty of us still out there coming into the market for them.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 11-05-15, 01:18 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
Is there a plan to offer a cat/header back dual mode exhaust system similar to the system you created for the IS-F?
Yes, that is on the current list of projects.
Old 11-18-15, 07:25 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on the headers? Sound clips?
Old 11-18-15, 09:56 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Any update on the headers? Sound clips?
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...74589381_n.mp4

More to come soon!
Old 11-18-15, 11:55 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
WTF was that.......almost sounds like the GT350. Pretty badass. With that, I can't remember but do you have an aftermarket exhaust on there as well?
Old 11-18-15, 01:59 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
WTF was that.......almost sounds like the GT350. Pretty badass. With that, I can't remember but do you have an aftermarket exhaust on there as well?
He has the GTHAUS Meisterschaft

Quick Reply: Looks like PPE equal length headers coming soon