RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2015 RC F Fuel Pump Fails at 2.600 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 12:46 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaw
Sounds like he is upset because it happend in Oakland!
Originally Posted by gs400jon
You don't want to be without a fast getaway car in Oakland!
Start at 3:37 up to 4:21 https://youtu.be/_pApuzdUo-I?t=3m37s
Old 11-01-15, 07:21 PM
fallguy767
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't abandon the brand for one isolated incident. Iv'e had more pump problems with Chevy/GMC.
For better customer service I would switch dealerships.
Old 11-01-15, 07:51 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

never buy the 1st year of a new model. too many issues, even with lexus.
Old 11-02-15, 12:23 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I just had the THIRD pump replaced at 18,000 miles. My dealer is a good group of guys and they know its ridiculous to keep putting the flawed part back in.

I contacted Lexus and initiated the buy back program. They said it would take 6 weeks to quote me a price. i figured I will be on the fourth pump by then.
Old 11-02-15, 12:55 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I contacted Lexus and initiated the buy back program.
THAT should get their attention. By the way, they should pay you what you paid for the car, and just deduct a mileage fee. That should be a lot more than current market value. If not, seek the lemon law in your state. Good luck, and please keep us posted. It's ridiculous a problem obviously exists with that fuel pump, and Lexus doesn't acknowledge it. Glad people like you don't take Lexus crap and takes the time to push them to either fix it or buy the car back. By the way, do you know how much trouble is to replace the pump on our cars? What needs to be removed? Curious. Thx.
Old 11-02-15, 06:10 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AEM is saying this fuel pump should work as a suitable after-market replacement:
PN: 50-1220
Compact Design fits many vehicles, Compatible with E100 & M100 fuels
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...m-offset-inlet
Old 11-02-15, 07:06 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

I contacted Lexus and initiated the buy back program. They said it would take 6 weeks to quote me a price. i figured I will be on the fourth pump by then.
Going to wait on the C63s coupe to come out or get something else? I don't blame you one bit, third strike they're out.
Old 11-04-15, 11:27 AM
6i9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the THIRD pump replaced at 18,000 miles. My dealer is a good group of guys and they know its ridiculous to keep putting the flawed part back in.

How did you initiate the buy back program exactly? Who do you contact?

Also, my dealer is refusing to replace the pump again even though its making the same noise. I am at 9500 miles and on the second pump failure. It seems they will only do something after it leaves me stranded
Old 11-04-15, 11:46 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

I called Lexus direct and asked to speak to the buy back department. That person just collects your name and purchase date. No need to go into detail with that person.

I was just about to post an update on this. Lexus has already called me and said they see that the part been replaced 3 times and have APPROVED a buy back. They will have an offer in 4 weeks. She said they follow all the laws of my particular state in case I decide to hire a lawyer (their offer wouldn't change in arbitration as it is exactly what the state would decree).

They look at taxes paid, trade in, upgrades, mileage, etc.

Regarding your situation- I would drop the car off, get a loaner, and say call me when the noise goes away. In most states the law is 3 failed (same) part or 30 days in shop. Start the clock on shop days.

Lexus Japan knows of the issue...your techs are being difficult.
Old 11-04-15, 11:53 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Going to wait on the C63s coupe to come out or get something else? I don't blame you one bit, third strike they're out.
I traded in my Sport for the RCF. The new Sport SVR looks pretty good.
I don't think the C63s Coupes will be here until next Summer.

Old 11-04-15, 05:55 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 6i9
How did you initiate the buy back program exactly? Who do you contact?

Also, my dealer is refusing to replace the pump again even though its making the same noise. I am at 9500 miles and on the second pump failure. It seems they will only do something after it leaves me stranded
To everyone, can he go to other Lexus dealership and have them order/install the new fuel pump? Or does it have to be where he bought the car? I'm guessing it should be okay.
Old 11-04-15, 06:18 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
To everyone, can he go to other Lexus dealership and have them order/install the new fuel pump? Or does it have to be where he bought the car? I'm guessing it should be okay.

should be able to go to any dealership.
Old 11-05-15, 10:55 AM
6i9
Driver

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'm very happy for you! Please keep up updated on the buyback quote they offer you and the mileage you're at. EDIT: nvm see you're close to 20k miles

I received a call from my dealership in response of the internet survey I filled out from Lexus where I explain my dissatisfaction re: fuel pump issues. They are trying to arrange me to drive a new RCF while they look at the car. I will be more insistent that they keep the car until it's repaired with a new pump. I will document all this (as well as compile it with the first failure) in case it fails a 3rd time like you experienced.

Let's hope Lexus fixes this issue once and for all.

I called Lexus direct and asked to speak to the buy back department. That person just collects your name and purchase date. No need to go into detail with that person.

I was just about to post an update on this. Lexus has already called me and said they see that the part been replaced 3 times and have APPROVED a buy back. They will have an offer in 4 weeks. She said they follow all the laws of my particular state in case I decide to hire a lawyer (their offer wouldn't change in arbitration as it is exactly what the state would decree).

They look at taxes paid, trade in, upgrades, mileage, etc.

Regarding your situation- I would drop the car off, get a loaner, and say call me when the noise goes away. In most states the law is 3 failed (same) part or 30 days in shop. Start the clock on shop days.

Lexus Japan knows of the issue...your techs are being difficult.

Last edited by 6i9; 11-05-15 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-15-15, 09:46 AM
hqduong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SinghC
Guess it is time to change by driving preference. Would stay away from the RC F. Personally am dumping Lexus.
Two youngsters drove by me in a new Mustang - "nice car" as they drove off while it was being loaded on a flatbed. Maybe I should go with Ford instead.
Things happen, move on. Go Buy a Mercedez and tell us the same thing after a month.
Old 11-15-15, 10:31 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's what the pump looks like if anyone is interested

Quick Reply: 2015 RC F Fuel Pump Fails at 2.600 Miles