RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2015 RC F Fuel Pump Fails at 2.600 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-15, 05:16 PM
SinghC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RC F Fuel Pump Fails at 2.600 Miles

Am a Lexus fanatic, currently own 2 LX570, 1 GX470 and 2 RC - F. Yesterday was driving the 2015 RC - F with 2,600 miles, in a not so pleasant part of Oakland, at a traffic light of a busy intersection the car splutters and stops. Turn the ignition, starter motor turns over but it does not start. Get tow truck and send it back to Pleasanton Lexus.
Call the dealer today - the fuel pump failed, really, a luxtury flag ship and the fuel pump fails below 3,000 miles.
Call Lexus National - is the dealer replacing it under warranty is the question I get back from them. No apologies, no feedback, nothing....So much for customer service.
Guess it is time to change by driving preference. Would stay away from the RC F. Personally am dumping Lexus.
Two youngsters drove by me in a new Mustang - "nice car" as they drove off while it was being loaded on a flatbed. Maybe I should go with Ford instead.
Old 10-16-15, 05:20 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

go for it pal
Old 10-16-15, 05:25 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SinghC
Am a Lexus fanatic, currently own 2 LX570, 1 GX470 and 2 RC - F. Yesterday was driving the 2015 RC - F with 2,600 miles, in a not so pleasant part of Oakland, at a traffic light of a busy intersection the car splutters and stops. Turn the ignition, starter motor turns over but it does not start. Get tow truck and send it back to Pleasanton Lexus.
Call the dealer today - the fuel pump failed, really, a luxtury flag ship and the fuel pump fails below 3,000 miles.
Call Lexus National - is the dealer replacing it under warranty is the question I get back from them. No apologies, no feedback, nothing....So much for customer service.
Guess it is time to change by driving preference. Would stay away from the RC F. Personally am dumping Lexus.
Two youngsters drove by me in a new Mustang - "nice car" as they drove off while it was being loaded on a flatbed. Maybe I should go with Ford instead.
Stuff happens...especially with new models.

Yes, some of the pumps are failing, but it is not wide spread. I am at 4,000 and no issue.

You're dreaming if you believe you will not have some issues with the Ford...good luck.
Old 10-16-15, 05:34 PM
6i9
Driver

Were there any warning signs? Those who have suffered fuel pump issues have heard whirring sounds at idle and sluggish acceleration/throttle response.

I've had my fuel pump replaced because of the loud whirring at Lexus Beverly Hills but they wouldn't replace the replacement fuel pump when that started going bad again. I still hear it and am considering bringing it in again until they fix it. The problem is they will likely replace with the same spec part which will fail again.
Old 10-16-15, 05:35 PM
SinghC
Driver School Candidate

Nothing till it died.
Old 10-16-15, 06:01 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

sounds like someone got their ego bruised by some punks in a mustang.

yeah that's justification for dumping a Lexus and an $80,000 car..

grow up dude.
Old 10-16-15, 06:02 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So are you a TROLL or do you really own one........?

Your very first post ever on Club Lexus is: "Guess it is time to change by driving preference. Would stay away from the RC F. Personally am dumping Lexus.
Two youngsters drove by me in a new Mustang - "nice car" as they drove off while it was being loaded on a flatbed. Maybe I should go with Ford instead."
so you're either a Mustang owner here to talk trash about the Lexus, or you simply have no appreciation for the vehicle you bought.

Regardless of brand, make or model, you're gonna have issues with vehicles. Sure it sucks, but as long as the company stands behind their product and fixes it, that's great. If you were expecting them to kiss your *** and profusely apologize for this warranty issue, you better go buy a Bentley that is hand-made because that's the only market where mistakes aren't made often and if they are, they OWN it because they can point a finger at who installed each piece.

With that, you mentioned moving to a Ford Mustang, and I'd encourage you to if you want a fast and "AMAZING" muscle car at an inexpensive price, but be real about your expectations and know that you're eventually gonna have problems with that car too. Despite how much Ford has improved, which is a LOT, it's still not on par with the reliability and reputation LEXUS has and will always have....after all, you're getting not only the LEXUS quality, but it's backed by TOYOTA quality as well. Of note, there is a $30,000 price difference between these two vehicles, you figure out the rest (quality vs quantity). Also, if you own as many Lexus as your post says, and have never had problems with them, why are you so quick to write off the company after this one incident with 1 of your 5 Lexus vehicles?

BTW, I almost bought a Ford Mustang GT 5.0/GT350 but decided I loved the reliability and reputation LEXUS brings to the table that Ford simply doesn't have and never will have as an American Car Company that's not in the luxury automotive business.

We love our RCF's and understand that "**** happens" every now and then. If you truly dislike your car that much, post it up for sale on this forum, and watch how quickly it sells....bet there isn't a single RCF in the FOR SALE section of this forum. Now I challenge you to do the same thing on the Ford Mustang forums and tell me how many for sale posts there are....I can tell you now without even looking there are a couple pages at least of people selling their Mustangs to upgrade to a more luxurious, reliable car.

At the end of the day, you know what's best for you but I think it's quite a dramatic statement to say you're dumping LEXUS because of this one incident. Just saying......#REALTALK
Old 10-16-15, 06:57 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toystry
So are you a TROLL or do you really own one........?
this guy

5K here and not a hiccup...
Old 10-16-15, 06:58 PM
SinghC
Driver School Candidate

I can provide the Titles of all my Lexus's. You wanna buy a slightly used RC F that you love so much?
Old 10-16-15, 07:01 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I can provide the Titles of all my Lexus's. You wanna buy a slightly used RC F that you love so much?
No thanks, I buy new and generally first model year.

Gotta expect the odd mishap when you innovate. They are going to cover everything under warranty, without a flicker of hesitation. You want a sorry? date a self conscious girl.

They will make it right.
Old 10-16-15, 07:24 PM
SinghC
Driver School Candidate

Hey Toystry

Since you think am a Troll that owns a Mustang, here is a picture of my Grey RC F, the one in the shop is Blue and one of my LX570 and on of my GX 470

[IMG]https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/2000x2000/80-img_20151016_190520_7c11a9334b2c12f8d9a811a2f034db7682ed4f73.jpg[/IMG

Hey Toystory

Last edited by SinghC; 10-16-15 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Missed adding picture
Old 10-17-15, 05:53 AM
keithS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say if you don't like your car, sell it, get something you do like and join that car's forum. At least that is what I would do.
Old 10-17-15, 05:53 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Toystry

Since you think am a Troll that owns a Mustang, here is a picture of my Grey RC F, the one in the shop is Blue and one of my LX570 and on of my GX 470
My personal opinion, and the reason I'm spending the time to reply is because IMO your comments and statements are a bit outlandish and premature for having your first incident "ever" over the course of owning 5 Lexus vehicles.

**** happens, period. It's how you deal with it that defines the person that you are.....and if you think coming into a Lexus Forum and bad mouthing the vehicle that we all own was going to be productive, you've found the wrong group unfortunately. Now if you said, does anyone else have this problem, you would have been referred to this post: RC-F Fuel Pump where many individuals are experiencing the same problem. You'd have seen that this appears to be a poorly designed batch of fuel pumps which Lexus is replacing and elevating to the higher ups. If I were a betting man, I'd bet there will be a TSB soon to replace all fuel pumps in the RCF once they determine the issue (possible voltage issue is what someone mentioned).

Anyway, most of us here appreciate the Lexus engineering, and most of us appreciate the relationship we have with our service centers. For me, that was the BIG deciding factor to continue staying with Lexus vice another vehicle. Ironically I was looking at the Mustang GT/GT 350 since it's the only vehicle out there that "for me", had great styling with an AWESOME engine at a reasonable price. At the end of the day though longevity, reliability and customer service is why I CHOSE to stay with Lexus.

Either way SinghC, best of luck to you, seriously. I hope Lexus fixes your RCF and you keep it, or if not, that you find a problem-free car that makes you happy.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-21-15 at 06:16 AM. Reason: remove insults
Old 10-17-15, 06:39 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get something else that's more prone to start on fire, like a lambo. Now that would be a good time and I am sure the insurance clam would be a piece of cake.

No one's going to talk chit about you if your car runs the risk of catching them on fire right? Show them who's the badazz and the big man.

Or you could get a big jacked up truck if your insecure.
Old 10-17-15, 07:40 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
sounds like someone got their ego bruised by some punks in a mustang.

yeah that's justification for dumping a Lexus and an $80,000 car..

grow up dude.
I question if the whole mustang punks saying "nice car" actually even happened. Seems like something out of a movie!

Quick Reply: 2015 RC F Fuel Pump Fails at 2.600 Miles