RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-15, 02:02 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I am also coming from a blown V8 and I'm not going to lie, I do miss the whine as well as the instant torque. However, the Hellcat is still a boat on wheels to me and I would never buy one. But that's just me, and like others have said these cars are completely different.
Old 11-07-15, 05:26 PM
fallguy767
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trexm3
After not being able to light my tires up at a stand still whenever id like , I have now found myself drooling over the hellcats price for power cost! Don't get me wrong I love my rcf but I'm always wanting a little more raw control . Is there any other owners out there who just want a little bit more ? Burn out mode , take the limiter off , also if any of you have done any upgrades to make going sideways easier please share ! I already have traded in a rc350f for the rcf so I'm going to stick with the car for a while but any help to get her more to her track core would be appreciated .
In Expert mode...Hold the traction control button for more than 3 seconds. This shuts everything off.
Old 11-08-15, 05:41 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
That's just Crazy what some of these Caddy's have these days, these are NOT your Grandparents old caddys. These cars can pretty much run with Anything on the road. I've just Never Really cared for the looks of them (i guess to me its kind of like the Hellcat, about as Fast as Anything on the road but just lacking in the Looks category, they just Don't have the Curves)! jmo
Yeah, I get what you're saying about the looks but I guess that could be said about any car. Obviously not everyone is going to like the same thing especially when it comes to styling. That's why we're all entitled to our opinions, and I respect everyone's.

IMO my V-Coupes angular lines do it for me since the styling IMO isn't over the top. And even though I find the RC-F's styling a little over the top I would own one, and very well may in the next 6-9 months. That is If I can let my V go, not too sure if I can.
Old 11-08-15, 12:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Yeah, I get what you're saying about the looks but I guess that could be said about any car. Obviously not everyone is going to like the same thing especially when it comes to styling. That's why we're all entitled to our opinions, and I respect everyone's.

IMO my V-Coupes angular lines do it for me since the styling IMO isn't over the top. And even though I find the RC-F's styling a little over the top I would own one, and very well may in the next 6-9 months. That is If I can let my V go, not too sure if I can.
Lol, i remember when i first saw the Front of the RCF the very first thing that came to mind was it reminded me of a Big Mouth Bass Not sure Why (yes i do the GRILL) but that's Exactly what i thought of
Old 11-09-15, 02:15 PM
Keepclamzz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Want a LP700!!!! lolll never stop thinking a better car!!!
Old 11-11-15, 07:47 AM
trexm3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fallguy767
In Expert mode...Hold the traction control button for more than 3 seconds. This shuts everything off.
Thank you ! Will try this out today ... I've been salty I can't good transitions in between drifts even in expert mode , with out having a handbrake it's been difficult . I purchased this car after seeing the Lexus drift vid with everything from the lfa to rcf to Lexus team cars in it . However I've just found myself let down with the ability to tap into the cars full ability . Honestly if they had a option where it was bare bones and track ready I woulda went with that .. If I was really out of my mind id gut it cage it and make a track beast !! Sadly this is my daily so that's not happening ha
Old 11-11-15, 07:52 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by trexm3
Thank you ! Will try this out today ... I've been salty I can't good transitions in between drifts even in expert mode , with out having a handbrake it's been difficult . I purchased this car after seeing the Lexus drift vid with everything from the lfa to rcf to Lexus team cars in it . However I've just found myself let down with the ability to tap into the cars full ability . Honestly if they had a option where it was bare bones and track ready I woulda went with that .. If I was really out of my mind id gut it cage it and make a track beast !! Sadly this is my daily so that's not happening ha
3 seconds on the traction button and yes everything is off and yes all hell breaks loose, ask me how I know
Old 11-11-15, 05:55 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
3 seconds on the traction button and yes everything is off and yes all hell breaks loose, ask me how I know
And if you have TVD, put it in 'slalom' mode. But be careful, since sport+ has an aggressive throttle map, and it's easy to overcook a drift, especially from a dig. I'd try expert mode first; it allows you to drift at an entertaining yet safe angle. Once you get the hang of the throttle, tire grip, and chassis attitude, then turn it off. I find the steering too stiff for drifting in sport+, but it's a matter of getting used to it as well. Good luck.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-11-15 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-11-15, 06:08 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
It Does turn everything Off but i wouldn't necessarily say all Hell breaks loose i guess it depends on what you're used to, but to ME it's VERY Manageable. GL & Be Safe
Old 11-12-15, 12:00 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

No offense to the Hellcat, but the car is:

- Cheapish looking (feels and looks cheap inside and out)
- Will never be left out by the valet
- Will be broken by tomorrow...
Old 11-12-15, 01:59 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
No offense to the Hellcat, but the car is:

- Cheapish looking (feels and looks cheap inside and out)
- Will never be left out by the valet
- Will be broken by tomorrow...
Me personally. I would never take my CTS-V to a valet parking lot, same goes if I owned an RC-F, Hellcat or a handful of other cars. IMO just looking for trouble. And I wouldn't enjoy myself for what I was there for. Knowing myself, I would probably spend the night in the parking lot. LOL
Old 11-12-15, 02:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by JT4
Me personally. I would never take my CTS-V to a valet parking lot, same goes if I owned an RC-F, Hellcat or a handful of other cars. IMO just looking for trouble. And I wouldn't enjoy myself for what I was there for. Knowing myself, I would probably spend the night in the parking lot. LOL
Same here, i DON'T Do Valet's Too Many Horror Stories
Old 11-13-15, 03:52 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Same here, i DON'T Do Valet's Too Many Horror Stories
I've heard this too. Wonder how much liability they carry?

What? You don't trust this guy with your viper?
Attached Images  

Last edited by rxonmymind; 11-13-15 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-13-15, 05:09 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

^^Oh, yeah that guy would have a lot of fun with the Viper.. LOL