Front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 05:53 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE=MGB1120;9277812]
Originally Posted by jkeifer3

I've gotten pulled over twice for no front plate IS350, two tickets $140 fix it ticket, same cop, within 6 months. Looks like I have to put it on. Ridiculous, ruins whole look of front end. Oh well.
WOW, that sounds like one of those cops that hangs out by a bar at nite just waiting for a patron to leave & write that DWI ticket (which here is supposed to be illegal). That, or he was one of the Nerds in school & just tryin' to use that Badge & the power that goes with it that Sux, MGB especially from the SAME Cop
Old 12-06-15, 05:53 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Is there a way to maybe put a 3D Grill Picture or molding on the other side of the flipper?
Old 12-06-15, 06:58 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=johnnyreb;9277859]
Originally Posted by MGB1120

WOW, that sounds like one of those cops that hangs out by a bar at nite just waiting for a patron to leave & write that DWI ticket (which here is supposed to be illegal). That, or he was one of the Nerds in school & just tryin' to use that Badge & the power that goes with it that Sux, MGB especially from the SAME Cop
Exactly second time I got pulled over he called for back up!!!! 3 cop cars for 1 no front plate!!! he even 'threatened to search my car" since "drugs are supposedly smuggled in cars with no front plates " I laughed and said feel free! All he looks for is front plates scans each and every car, sits in random spots all over city can't avoid him, sits sometimes outside our housing development as well it's almost like stalking, it's sad and pathetic, should be actually patrolling and caring about actual issues, crimes, break ins, speeding etc, I'm paying tax dollars for this type of behavior.

Last edited by MGB1120; 12-06-15 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 08:46 PM
jadoocian
Driver School Candidate

I live in Toronto.

Bought my RCF back in September. Driving home from dealership on day 1 with no front plate and got pulled over.

Has front plates now tied on with zip ties... too bad
Old 12-08-15, 10:01 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jadoocian
I live in Toronto.

Bought my RCF back in September. Driving home from dealership on day 1 with no front plate and got pulled over.

Has front plates now tied on with zip ties... too bad
Where's the best to zip tie it? That's what I'm doing right now, Top or bottom of grill? Worried about cracking the grill
Old 12-09-15, 08:37 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

NO, OFF.

I live in MD, the CA of the east coast, over regulated MD. No tag on my car.

I keep it in a plastic sleeve and place it on the dash when going through tolls. So far no problem.

I choose no tint since I wonder how they will get it precisely in place on the rear window

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
So I've come to find out, from the mouth of the cop to my colleague that he sits on the road and pulls people over for tint and no front license plate. It bothers him, so that's all he does all day.

The tint we can kind of get around, if you are fast enough. But the license plate, oh man I just can't handle a front license plate. I've never had one on any of my cars, but now with the RC F it would kill it. If I totally had to put one on, I would go for that European style plate. Not sure if cops would consider that okay or not.

Does anybody actually have their front license plate on?

Cheers,
Old 12-09-15, 06:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Just got fix it ticket for no front plate today. After driving without it for 6 yrs I got pulled over.

Does anyone know if I need to show up on court date or can I just mail my signed off paper in the mail before the court date?
Old 12-09-15, 07:45 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
Just got fix it ticket for no front plate today. After driving without it for 6 yrs I got pulled over.

Does anyone know if I need to show up on court date or can I just mail my signed off paper in the mail before the court date?
Just pay the ticket forget the court date, you will pay more in court fees, I've received 2 tickets from same cop, after the second ticket I just zip tied it on today, looks horrible but temporary I can take it off whenever and didn't drill any holes. It's a stupid law and certain cops just look for it and will continue to pull you over if you don't put it on, the cop that pulled me over followed me around and waited by my neighborhood and got me the second time. Pretty sure that's not legal! Sad and pathetic!
Old 12-09-15, 07:52 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Just pay the ticket forget the court date, you will pay more in court fees, I've received 2 tickets from same cop, after the second ticket I just zip tied it on today, looks horrible but temporary I can take it off whenever and didn't drill any holes. It's a stupid law and certain cops just look for it and will continue to pull you over if you don't put it on, the cop that pulled me over followed me around and waited by my neighborhood and got me the second time. Pretty sure that's not legal! Sad and pathetic!
But I can just have a cop sign off then I pay $25 fee in CA?
Old 12-09-15, 07:58 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

But I can just have a cop sign off then I pay $25 fee in CA?
Could be? They will say it's state law and you didn't have it on? Depends maybe on judge? Worth a shot I guess but if he sees you again with no plate he will just pull you over again!
Old 12-10-15, 07:51 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Could be? They will say it's state law and you didn't have it on? Depends maybe on judge? Worth a shot I guess but if he sees you again with no plate he will just pull you over again!
Yeah my car already came with bumper already drilled so I just have to put the plate on and show it to a cop he can sign off.

I've been driving without front plate for years and this cop waved me down from side of freeway after he let go of another one. Weird way to pull over someone, it seemed very dangerous and he was causing a backup. WTF.
Old 12-10-15, 09:55 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Yeah my car already came with bumper already drilled so I just have to put the plate on and show it to a cop he can sign off.

I've been driving without front plate for years and this cop waved me down from side of freeway after he let go of another one. Weird way to pull over someone, it seemed very dangerous and he was causing a backup. WTF.
Yeah it's ridiculous! Oh well, mine is zip tied now for the winter I'll take it off maybe in spring test my luck then!
Old 12-10-15, 10:35 AM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3

I've gotten pulled over twice for no front plate IS350, two tickets $140 fix it ticket, same cop, within 6 months. Looks like I have to put it on. Ridiculous, ruins whole look of front end. Oh well.
same, I have gotten a ticket twice for no front license plate but wasn't specifically pulled over for it.
first time was parked and found it on my windshield when I got back to the car.
second time was pulled over for going 75 and the cop decided to throw the front license plate in there as well

I just zip tied it onto the lower grille. doesn't look too bad! gotta love SF cops!
Old 12-10-15, 12:17 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dyongg
same, I have gotten a ticket twice for no front license plate but wasn't specifically pulled over for it.
first time was parked and found it on my windshield when I got back to the car.
second time was pulled over for going 75 and the cop decided to throw the front license plate in there as well

I just zip tied it onto the lower grille. doesn't look too bad! gotta love SF cops!
Looks like each city has a plate cop! Hope this law goes away soon where it's in affect it is a $$$$ making law that's about it!
Old 12-10-15, 01:10 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like each city has a plate cop! Hope this law goes away soon where it's in affect it is a $$$$ making law that's about it!
it kinda sucked too because the second time, I had it on my dash but he said:
"when you cross the bridge, the camera doesn't take a pic of your dash, it only takes a picture of your front license plate" .... ?????

Quick Reply: Front license plate