RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Poor RC-F. Anyone here's RC-F?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-15, 02:17 PM
TEarlGrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's always be some kid out for a joy ride or driver who is better suited to bicycle, I remember seeing a brand new Viper flipped on it's roof at a major intersection in San Diego. Looked like he tried to beat the light and go Tokyo drift, the median curb stomped him and won.
Old 12-11-15, 05:28 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
If you put your car in park when it is moving, you will hear grinding until the car stops
This is what i was thinking too, but they said the car was in Drive? That's what i didn't understand is Why was it doing all that Grinding if it was in Drive? I would have thought it was in Park because of the Grinding, but IF it would have been in Park it wouldn't have just started rolling like it did
Old 12-11-15, 05:38 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TEarlGrey
There's always be some kid out for a joy ride or driver who is better suited to bicycle, I remember seeing a brand new Viper flipped on it's roof at a major intersection in San Diego. Looked like he tried to beat the light and go Tokyo drift, the median curb stomped him and won.
If you look on the internet you'll see A LOT of 1 car accidents with Vipers I've had a lot of Fast Cars in my life, but the Viper is a Different Bird all together. To me, it's the most Dangerous Car i've ever owned or drove just for the simple fact of the Torque & it'll get away from you in a Heartbeat if you Don't know what you're doing.
Old 12-12-15, 03:29 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
This is what i was thinking too, but they said the car was in Drive? That's what i didn't understand is Why was it doing all that Grinding if it was in Drive? I would have thought it was in Park because of the Grinding, but IF it would have been in Park it wouldn't have just started rolling like it did
Yes, the car was in drive, but a guy reaches in the car and slams it in park and that is when the grinding begins...
Watch the video one more time...
Old 12-12-15, 04:19 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Some pretty harsh, judgmental people. Kids certainly don't hold the exclusive rights to bad driving and poor decision making.

Interesting incident. Did not seem like a heck of a lot of damage on left side. Accident must have been at a fairly low speed. Unfortunately, I have seen too many cars oriented in this manner after track day DE incidents and damage patterns are usually much more pronounced.

Accidents happen. Cars get damaged. Glad no one was hurt.

Lol, FR5000GT. No doubt about that guard rail. Would have been an interesting video had they turned it upright and it went over the cliff.

The RCF is a very docile, easy to control car with nannies out the waazou if one gets a bit disoriented. I grew up driving a 911SC, and occasionally my dad's 911 turbo, in high school in the early 80s. Now those are cars that will bite the unweary. Cars today are much safer and easy to control.

I don't think twice about letting my 19 and 20 year old daughters drive my RCF when they fliy in from college, but the 19 year old has raced karts, closed wheel and open wheel since she could walk. Much more concerned about them driving econo box type cars that are unstable at high speeds with poor braking capabilities so they have Cayennes.

Last edited by DougHII; 12-12-15 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-12-15, 04:55 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
If you look on the internet you'll see A LOT of 1 car accidents with Vipers I've had a lot of Fast Cars in my life, but the Viper is a Different Bird all together. To me, it's the most Dangerous Car i've ever owned or drove just for the simple fact of the Torque & it'll get away from you in a Heartbeat if you Don't know what you're doing.
Without a doubt, I did not like being assigned to students in Vipers at track events. Those cars will bite you if you don't know what you are doing. The newer ones are more domesticated so to speak.

Last edited by DougHII; 12-12-15 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-12-15, 05:07 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Taco_Kid
so, i believe some cars should be classified in a specific class and you need to have specific type of DL to drive those cars. sure, nothing stopping stupid, but at least the LE would have a way to fine folks who are not authorized to drive cars like this.
Lol, let government or paranoid or the nanny police save us from ourselves. Not world I would want to live. Cars today are so much safer than cars of yesterday. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
Old 12-12-15, 06:57 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts
Default Anyone here?

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/12/tee...s-rc-f-at.html

Old 12-12-15, 08:17 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

talk about cars that are hard to control and are sketchy at high speeds... I once had a 1973 Mercedes 450SLC with a factory 5 speed. rare grey market car. could get away from you very very easily... however this dunce never should have had his hands on a RCF, like someone else said, some cars should be a protected class. and if an owner abuses one it could be taken away lol
Old 12-12-15, 04:03 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
The RCF is a very docile, easy to control car with nannies out the waazou if one gets a bit disoriented.
You know they can be fully disabled... right? And most likely exactly the reason that accident happened.
Old 12-12-15, 10:28 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Damn that's crazy. I wonder if he can report that frontal damage was done by the tow truck guy lol
Old 12-12-15, 11:39 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Old 12-13-15, 07:40 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

WHAT AN IDIOT..
Oooooh, that Tranny grind..
Old 12-13-15, 08:32 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Taco_Kid
not exactly, just make it so that LE can fine the crap out of the a holes who drive like butt nuts and danger those around them. LE wouldnt be saying "no, you cant buy that car", just that the LE can give a fine when people like this drive a car like this and dont know how to, i mean after-all, thats the definition of a DL, no? need one to drive a car, need one for motorcycle, need one for certain types of trucks, so why not one for cars like this?? all cars are not made equal. not even sure why we need autobahn types of cars here in the US. isnt 0-90mph in 2sec w/ top speed of 90 fast enough? weird that we obsess over fast cars which have no matching roadways here in the US, need to go onto a track to use the vehicle......
Lol at hanging around the RCF forum to call people idiots, obsessive or to say RCFs have no place on public roads. FWIW, the RCF is the slowest car I own and they all are quiet enjoyable on public roads.

Cell phones are more dangerous than RCFs. We should ban those. Why stop there? Let's ban guns, alcohol and fast food. Unhealthy foods kill more people and cause a larger health and insurance crisis than sports cars.

Too funny. Some poor kid gently rolls his father's RCF on its side, hurts no one and people come out of the wood work wanting to ban or place restrictions on sports cars. Gotta love the Internet.
Old 12-15-15, 11:09 AM
michaeltx7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grinding is the parking pawl in the transmission. Terrible sound, but not likely to break anything if it happens, it skips to protect the transmission. If you have any kind of speed and shift to park, this will happen.

The engine running with the car on it's side, I would be far more worried about that. It sounds like it's starved for oil.

Quick Reply: Poor RC-F. Anyone here's RC-F?