RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Took my new RC F to the track

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-15 | 07:30 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Indeed. And that was exactly my point. If you're throttle steering and overdo it a little (rotating car), causing a slight drift, nannies won't intervene in 'expert' mode. So that mode is not a hindrance when not purposely drifting. I encouraged the OP to overdo it (to drift) on purpose so he knows the limits that 'expert' allows. And yes, all testers do nowadays for their stupid publications is drift any RWD (or even FWD) car just because it looks 'cool'. It's stupid, slower, and you eat your expensive tires for breakfast.
If you "overdo" the throttle a "little" in a turn, you will actually induce understeer and widen the arc by increasing grip in the rear and decreasing grip in the front.

If you want to drift it a bit in the middle of a turn, you can do the opposite. You can lift to induce rotation and then get on throttle with reverse steering input to retain rear grip and maintain orientation.

Otherwise, one is using pretty dramatic steering inputs along with various means to decrease rear grip to drift such as sharp, heavy throttle increases. Cars will typically have to have a good bit of power and perhaps a lower tarmac traction road to induce throttle oversteer. Is most cars, the throttle inputs mid turn will just induce understeer.
Old 12-17-15 | 09:17 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Damn the gt4 is fast for little power
Old 12-18-15 | 05:58 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Good job man, I took my IS F there at the streets of willow last month and its a great track very technical, but low speed track. Its more for like small cars miatas and brzs. where trying gather some F' on spring to hit the BIG WILLOW, which I think that's where they belong...The only thing I don't like about it is the drive, windy and dusty...
Attached Thumbnails Took my new RC F to the track-wp_20151101_12_48_48_pro.jpg  
Old 12-19-15 | 06:01 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Sand-blasted" windshield and front-end from Willow

Yeah,

The dust out at Willow Springs is murder. Spent all day today detailing my RC-F trying to get it halfway presentable. The windshield has HUNDREDS of tiny white specks (minuscule cracks)in it - looks like dust. My buddy came over and we hit it with an orbital buffer and some rubbing compound, followed by a deep cleaning with a "clay" bar - and polish. It's about a 50% improvement - but still not there.

I'm NOT replacing the windshield! I don't care what the "experts" say (unless I'm proved wrong that is >

The next step is to get some Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Creme and Sealant. I will doing a "HowTo" video on fixing sand-damaged, pitted windshields. Worse-case scenario - I break down and actually am forced to by a new windshield, but we'll see...

The paint on the front-end held up pretty well - thanks to the painter's tape and extremely heavy coat of hard Blue ICE Turtle wax I put on the front, hood, etc. as a pre-caution (I'm glad I did). I'm not too worried about the paint - paint is easy to deal with, it's the glass I'm concerned about.

Anyway - stay tuned.