RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

vanity plates.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 01:04 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
There might be another thread for this but, I have been thinking about personalized plates as well and what I might be able to get away with. Here are two that I thought were interesting. In NC we get 8 characters:

THEFWORD
WHATHAF

A few more I'll throw out there. Again, some of these may not pass the sniffer but, you never know. Here in NC we get 8 letters and can also do some characters.

GOESLKF
WT RC F
WT EFF
FCAR GO (kinda weak, I know)
EFFBMB

I get a lot of these WTF reactions when I start my car up with the Meisterschaft exhaust valves fully open.
Old 04-20-16, 11:54 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
I initially applied for this last month. No word yet:

Realizing that the DMV might not approve, I then ordered this:
Nice! i like it...
Originally Posted by mjeds
90-120 days is what the DMV said when I called.

the site said 6-8 weeks (60 days) and when they didn't show within that time I called and I was told they are in process but they have been experiencing 90-120 days on the legacy plates.

I have no plates, at the moment I have a temp sticker on the car which expired on March 4.

The DMV sent the original plates for my car, but I have always had disabled person plates, so I took the issued plates in and was going to have them swapped out for disabled plates, but decided on the Legacy plates, so the DMW took my order for the Legacy plates, took my plates and gave me a sticker, I called when the sticker expired and was told it could be another 2 months, but they won't give me an extension sticker, told me to just show the police my order confirmation if I get pulled over.
Damn! I hope we get our legacy plates soon... sigh~ Anyways, I hope you don't have to get in trouble to the point that you need to show that order slip...

A few more I'll throw out there. Again, some of these may not pass the sniffer but, you never know. Here in NC we get 8 letters and can also do some characters.

GOESLKF
WT RC F
WT EFF
FCAR GO (kinda weak, I know)
EFFBMB

I get a lot of these WTF reactions when I start my car up with the Meisterschaft exhaust valves fully open.
Good suggestions... I like them...
Old 04-27-16, 08:48 PM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There might be another thread for this but, I have been thinking about personalized plates as well and what I might be able to get away with. Here are two that I thought were interesting. In NC we get 8 characters:

THEFWORD
WHATHAF

I like WHATHAF...which one did you end up going with?
Old 04-27-16, 09:46 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

So I still don't have my plates and my temps have expired.

I call the DMV today, all they could tell me is they are being processed, even though the website says 6-8 we are backed up and current process time is 120-180 days (4-6 months).

so I have to head back to the local DMV for another Temp tag.
Old 04-28-16, 07:23 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

So I still don't have my plates and my temps have expired.

I call the DMV today, all they could tell me is they are being processed, even though the website says 6-8 we are backed up and current process time is 120-180 days (4-6 months).

so I have to head back to the local DMV for another Temp tag.
Dude! I got a mail from DMV 2 days ago saying to make an appt to pick up my plates without waiting too much in line. My appt is on May 10.
Old 04-28-16, 08:42 AM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Dude! I got a mail from DMV 2 days ago saying to make an appt to pick up my plates without waiting too much in line. My appt is on May 10.
Nice! How long did you wait from the day you first applied for it?
Old 04-28-16, 09:53 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ALtin107

when did you apply and what DMV are you out of.

as I understand it, plate ordering is regional. I'm out of Los Angeles, the closest DMV to me is Bell Gardens which is the 3rd busiest DMV in LA.
Old 04-28-16, 02:48 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

when did you apply and what DMV are you out of.

as I understand it, plate ordering is regional. I'm out of Los Angeles, the closest DMV to me is Bell Gardens which is the 3rd busiest DMV in LA.
I ordered my plates the same dawn I posted my thread around 1-15-16, 3:30am-ish. The notice probably came in around 4-25-16 to schedule for an appt. The closest one from me is West Covina DMV. Idk what's their rank in busiest-ness but it gets really busy there too.
Old 04-28-16, 03:03 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

I ordered my plates the same dawn I posted my thread around 1-15-16, 3:30am-ish. The notice probably came in around 4-25-16 to schedule for an appt. The closest one from me is West Covina DMV. Idk what's their rank in busiest-ness but it gets really busy there too.

the stupid part is that all they can tell is if the plate is in production, not if it is made, shipped to local DMV, waiting for pickup, etc.

only the local DMV can tell you, and the only thing they will say is if you got a notice we have it, if you didn't we don't. while in fact they may have it and just haven't mailed out the notice yet.
Old 04-30-16, 10:51 AM
ALtin107
Pole Position

I hope mine comes soon...it's been about 2 months
Old 04-30-16, 12:24 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

finally got my card in the mail today. Appointment for May 4th
stupid thing is the card was postmarked 8 days ago, and I have called since then but they couldn't tell me that the local DMV already had the plates. Typical gov't idiocy.
Old 04-30-16, 05:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Back in the old high school days i had a Vega with a 350 & 2-4's, 4.55 gears, etc... that was the Baddest street car around during that time & i had SMO-*** on my license plate. needless to say i used to get ribbed about the last 3 letters
Old 05-01-16, 06:28 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I like WHATHAF...which one did you end up going with?
I actually haven't ordered tags yet. Still on the fence. If I do, I think I've settled in on:

WT RC F

Its probably the most PC friendly and I can say that WT stands for "Workman's Toys", or something like that...
Old 05-04-16, 11:53 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

picked up my plates this morning.

I scheduled an appointment for May 25th when I got the notice last week, May 25th was the earliest appointment they had. but I decided to stop by on my way to work this morning, knowing that the DMV opens late on Wednesday's. 9am instead of 8am, I figured I might be able to sneak in.

I haven't been to a DMV in ages, I usually use AAA for my transactions. I wasn't aware that being disabled got me front of the line access, I got to the DMV at 8:40, the line was around the block, I parked in the disabled spot and the security guard saw me walking toward the line and told me disabled goes to the other side and enters first when the doors open, disabled, then appointments, then everyone else.

so I was #2 in line, doors opened @ 9am I was out with my plates by 9:25..

Old 05-10-16, 08:42 PM
GixxerGuy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my plated about 6 weeks ago and still noword from DMV. What number did you call to follow up???

Quick Reply: vanity plates.