RC F Spacers (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 09:05 AM
haihoc85
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes they will.
Thanks! Will order them now. Are they safe? is Bloxsport the only brand? I looked at H&R and found out they dont make it for our cars.
Old 12-04-17, 10:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by haihoc85
Thanks! Will order them now. Are they safe? is Bloxsport the only brand? I looked at H&R and found out they dont make it for our cars.
They do.

Contact us for sizing and pricing.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-04-18, 10:07 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I really wanted spacers too but fear them failing. Too much risk. The internet is filled with stories of failed wheel spacers.
Lots of fear out there with spacers. I ran 1/4" spacers on a modified Grand Sport (600 hp/545 tq) for two years. I engaged in some very spirited driving and no wheels came rolling off of the car. Ever. The key is to torque the spacers down initially and then go back in a couple of days to check and re-torque if necessary. But then again I'm the guy that checks the lugs for looseness every other time I clean the car.
Old 03-04-18, 03:26 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,476 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Was bored with my car in hibernation so did a little modification on the car. Put Eibach 20mm spacer. I wanted only the best quality one's so I went for Eibach as it is the highest rated one alongside H&R (which are essentially the same re-branded). I must say, the quality is incredible on the Eibachs. So, 20/20 both front and back. I installed them in about 45 minutes. Torqued them to 80 ft-lbs.

Just have to say, WOW! The car looks incredibly menacing. Especially on the back, the car looks super wide, muscular and all steroid-y as the fender flares wrap nicely over the wheels. Since the car is in hibernation, only drove it around the garage and feels like stock. As the wheels center-point has been pushed out by a bit, the car seems to roll less over the tirewall, which is a promising start as I do not like the soft walls of the MPSS non-XL version on our RCF. Will write an update once I have done high speed driving in April and see how has the handling changed.

p.s. In case someone is wondering, since my car is in storage mode, the tires are inflated to 40 psi, which is why they look very "meaty".

Teaser:

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-04-18 at 03:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LXSDO (09-10-18)
Old 03-05-18, 11:20 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyPara82
But then again I'm the guy that checks the lugs for looseness every other time I clean the car.
You, sir, are a wise man! Very smart thing to do.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Teaser:

Teasers are NO BUENO! C'mon...give us the good stuff, man!
Old 09-10-18, 06:45 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

I located H&R bolt on 15mm adapters that fit our specs. Part #3065602, shipped from Germany. Decided to go 15mm all around to be conservative and to maintain the same ?track as stock given it's wider out back than front and not squaring it out. Also didn't want to pick up too much gravel on to the body. Was concerned stock studs would be too long for clearance with wheel given the thinner spacer, but CorradoMR2 put 11mm out back without problems.

Thanks 05RollaXRS and CorradoMR2 for the help.
Thanks to all that contributed to thread.

​​​​​​Like folks have said 20mm in front would be flush,but my reasons are above.
im lowered on swift and 15mm out back is perfect.
I love the way it sits now.
Before:

After:

Last edited by LXSDO; 09-10-18 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-10-18, 06:55 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Old 09-10-18, 08:08 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool. Looks great. It really fills the wider arches up nicely. Glad I could help.
Old 09-10-18, 10:33 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I located H&R bolt on 15mm adapters that fit our specs. Part #3065602, shipped from Germany. Decided to go 15mm all around to be conservative and to maintain the same ?track as stock given it's wider out back than front and not squaring it out. Also didn't want to pick up too much gravel on to the body. Was concerned stock studs would be too long for clearance with wheel given the thinner spacer, but CorradoMR2 put 11mm out back without problems.

Thanks 05RollaXRS and CorradoMR2 for the help.
Thanks to all that contributed to thread.

​​​​​​Like folks have said 20mm in front would be flush,but my reasons are above.
im lowered on swift and 15mm out back is perfect.
I love the way it sits now.
Before:

After:

Yep, the factory fender gap screams for the car to be lowered. But...crappy streets in San Antonio have me close to bottoming out the front at stock height. Any issues on the Swifts on speed bumps, driveways, parking lot blocks, etc? I'm flush with the aftermarket offsets, would like to trim up that three finger tire to wheel well gap.
Old 09-10-18, 11:22 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Never posted pictures here. 20 mm/20 mm on my car. Stock height, Works perfectly.

The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
1BAD4DR (09-10-18), Limelight (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 11:41 AM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

^^ Beautiful. I always worried that spacers would cause vibrations. I guess it's not something you want to cheap out on. No question pushing the wheels flush gives a much nicer shouldered stance. Well done!
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 12:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Limelight
^^ Beautiful. I always worried that spacers would cause vibrations. I guess it's not something you want to cheap out on. No question pushing the wheels flush gives a much nicer shouldered stance. Well done!
Thanks. 10 months since I had them and nothing, but smooth and perfect ride. Wider stance makes car feel more stable and planted in turns.

Safety is the most important thing. Make sure you torque them properly and then torque the lugs on properly. I use 80 ft-lbs. Key is to buy the highest quality one's like Eibach or H&R. Both of these German brands are the best quality one's and never have been reported to fail.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-10-18 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 01:17 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by SkyPara82
Yep, the factory fender gap screams for the car to be lowered. But...crappy streets in San Antonio have me close to bottoming out the front at stock height. Any issues on the Swifts on speed bumps, driveways, parking lot blocks, etc? I'm flush with the aftermarket offsets, would like to trim up that three finger tire to wheel well gap.
So far, I have only had problems with steeper driveways, but it's only the plastic black piece that scrubs occasionally, not the bumper. Yeah, parking blocks will be an issue. I look like an idiot undershooting, then getting out of the car and driving it closer. One way around this to back into the spot 😊
Old 09-10-18, 01:20 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by Limelight
Will echo 05RollaXRS, no vibration. Well balanced adapters that are hubcentric is key. I took the leap. Figure if anything issues, could simply take them off. Just make sure you're meticulous with install and torque properly
Old 09-10-18, 02:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I guess, since the car track width increases especially the rear where staggered setup makes it really wide, you have to be careful driving on tight roads, turning and around tight spots not to hit your wheel on a curb. I am extra cautious in those things and have been lucky so far (knock on wood).

Quick Reply: RC F Spacers (Merged Threads)