Old 01-28-16, 07:20 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Flogrown
Wow very nice!!!!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by mjeds
you said the red is a close match.. how close would you say 90% or better?

how close of a match is the carbon fiber to the door panel carbon fiber?

I am really torn on getting this, but having done swaps like this in the past on other cars and not having things match really drives me nuts..
I would say between 90-95%, you can't really tell the difference unless you get really up close to it. The carbon fiber quality is almost OEM like quality, I say it's actually better than my steering wheel garnish from Grazio & Co. It might be one of my best and favorite eye candy mods!
Old 01-29-16, 10:06 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Thanks!

I would say between 90-95%, you can't really tell the difference unless you get really up close to it. The carbon fiber quality is almost OEM like quality, I say it's actually better than my steering wheel garnish from Grazio & Co. It might be one of my best and favorite eye candy mods!

but how does it match to the OEM CF?

color?
size?
shape?
pattern?
Old 01-29-16, 10:32 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by mjeds
but how does it match to the OEM CF?

color?
size?
shape?
pattern?
If you take a look at the second picture in the first post, the pattern obviously is not going to be all in the same direction, the colors and shape are a pretty good match. Click on the second picture, you can zoom in and see the bottom right carbon of the steering wheel vs the window switch carbon.
Old 01-31-16, 07:12 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

looks great! I might order one myself.....but the red would have to go. I'd replace all their leather with alcantara and do a cherry blossom red stitching.
Old 01-31-16, 08:00 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Disappointed to hear that the wheel is a different size. That makes me believe that these "aren't" OEM wheels but instead Chinese knockoffs.
Old 01-31-16, 10:11 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Carnevino
looks great! I might order one myself.....but the red would have to go. I'd replace all their leather with alcantara and do a cherry blossom red stitching.
Thanks! A little red to complement the interior doesn't hurt, now if the red were both on the left and right sides, that would be a little too much for me, doesn't look as sporty as the black perforated leather. The alcantara would be very nice with the carbon, but each to his own.
BTW the red stitching on the steering wheel is on point with the red stitching in the interior.

Originally Posted by toystry
Disappointed to hear that the wheel is a different size. That makes me believe that these "aren't" OEM wheels but instead Chinese knockoffs.
You know they do make these steering wheels in OEM style and can be customized to your liking. The quality of the DCTMS steering wheel exceptional, if you Google them, you will find other people praising them for their quality work.

I actually like the flat bottom steering wheel, it gives the car a sporty feel, and adds sense of control because you can feel the wheel instead of seeing where the wheel is at when you are turning! As you turn, you grab the flat surface and know exactly how far it is turned, giving you a bit more feel for what the car is doing. I am excited and looking forward to my next track day with this steering wheel!
Old 01-31-16, 12:03 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

As long as you like it that's all that matters. I was under the impression after talking to the company last week that these were OEM wheels that they shaved down, based on what you said however, the info they told me appears incorrect if you're saying the diameter is different.
Old 01-31-16, 02:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,358 Posts

^^^^Not to muddy up this thread, but the DCTMS wheel I have on my ISF, I know from the markings on my old wheel and the new one, that DCTMS used an OEM Lexus IS wheel that they modified for me.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel Review-wheel-eight1.jpg  
Old 02-02-16, 05:41 PM
DCTMS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
As long as you like it that's all that matters. I was under the impression after talking to the company last week that these were OEM wheels that they shaved down, based on what you said however, the info they told me appears incorrect if you're saying the diameter is different.
We are offering many different types of steering wheel conversions to Lexus community
depends on customers' requirements we can
1) Sell the steering wheel with aftermarket cores which can provide more aggressive shape like smaller diameter and flat bottom design, No core exchange required so customers can keep the original wheels as spare
2) steering wheel conversion on OE cores and most of time we just change material finish for example adding carbon sections or put alcantara wrap to re-trim the wheel
There is no good or bad about which type is better, different customers have different needs. also our cores are not made from China, these cores has been developed by Japan vendor and tested.
Old 02-02-16, 06:57 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DCTMS
We are offering many different types of steering wheel conversions to Lexus community
depends on customers' requirements we can
1) Sell the steering wheel with aftermarket cores which can provide more aggressive shape like smaller diameter and flat bottom design, No core exchange required so customers can keep the original wheels as spare
2) steering wheel conversion on OE cores and most of time we just change material finish for example adding carbon sections or put alcantara wrap to re-trim the wheel
There is no good or bad about which type is better, different customers have different needs. also our cores are not made from China, these cores has been developed by Japan vendor and tested.
Thanks for the follow up information. With that, you did confirm my statement earlier that the steering wheels aren't OEM but instead an aftermarket Japanese vendor. I'd be curious to know what testing is completed on this since the steering wheel holds the most important safety mechanism in the vehicle, the personal airbag. If you have more info, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing more details about the Japanese vendor if you'd care to share. Thanks.
Old 02-02-16, 08:21 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does each and every button function port over to the dct steering wheel? Some rcf models come optioned with radar cruise and mine has this extra functional button whereas non optioned rcfs have filler buttons that don't press at all.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-16, 08:24 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ROK
Does each and every button function port over to the dct steering wheel? Some rcf models come optioned with radar cruise and mine has this extra functional button whereas non optioned rcfs have filler buttons that don't press at all.

Thanks.
DCTMS provides you with just the steering wheel, so you just transfer your airbag and controls over onto the new steering wheel. If you have the heated steering wheel option, that will not transfer over to the new steering wheel and unless you send them yours and have it customized to your liking.
Old 02-02-16, 08:26 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
DCTMS provides you with just the steering wheel, so you just transfer your airbag and controls over onto the new steering wheel. If you have the heated steering wheel option, that will not transfer over to the new steering wheel and unless you send them yours and have it customized to your liking.
Big thanks for the response man. Im hoping a Lexus dealer will do the job? Very helpful.
Old 02-03-16, 09:21 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi RCF500,

Did it come with instructions how to swap them? Easy or hard to do?

TY
Old 02-03-16, 09:25 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by alfaromeo3
Hi RCF500,

Did it come with instructions how to swap them? Easy or hard to do?

TY
No instructions, I had mine professionally installed, didn't want to mess with the airbag. It took him less than an hour to swap the pieces over and install it though.

Quick Reply: DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel Review