RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 09:20 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
Default DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel Review

I went with the carbon top and bottom with red leather on the bottom and it's a pretty damn close match to the stock circuit red leather.

It's smaller than stock but not by much, the build quality is top notch. IMO the RC F steering wheel should've came like this stock! Stock gripping width is about 12mm, the DCTMS carbon gripping ranges from 10.5-11.5 mm. The top carbon part of the steering wheel is about 11 mm, the bottom carbon part is about 10.5 mm, and the bottom red leather part of the steering is about 11.5 mm.

Here are pictures of the DCTMS Carbon steering wheel below with my Grazio & Co carbon trim and red carbon fiber inserts for the "L" emblem. Enjoy!

Old 01-26-16, 09:58 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

looks good. i can't even get a a reply from them. horrible customer service.
Old 01-26-16, 10:18 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

Thanks! Which one were you trying to get? Lol... Did you try to DM them? They responded within 24 hours when I DMed them.
Old 01-26-16, 11:11 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

very nice. Was thinking of a CF wheel. Was this a diy? Or professionally installed?
Old 01-27-16, 12:10 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good!
Old 01-27-16, 12:15 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Same here!
Old 01-27-16, 07:58 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by LXSDO
very nice. Was thinking of a CF wheel. Was this a diy? Or professionally installed?
Professional install, didn't want to mess with the airbag...lol.

Originally Posted by demik
Looking good!
Thanks man!
Old 01-27-16, 10:38 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks good man. But how did you overlook to paint the paddle + and - signs red? Ha ha. Just pulling your leg man. Having big hands, I wouldn't want the rim any thinner myself, and I've never liked hard surfaces (wood, C/F, etc) on my steering wheels from previous cars. But man, they look gorgeous. Craftsmanship looks OEM quality indeed. Enjoy it.
Old 01-27-16, 10:46 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Looks good man. But how did you overlook to paint the paddle + and - signs red? Ha ha. Just pulling your leg man. Having big hands, I wouldn't want the rim any thinner myself, and I've never liked hard surfaces (wood, C/F, etc) on my steering wheels from previous cars. But man, they look gorgeous. Craftsmanship looks OEM quality indeed. Enjoy it.
Thanks! Yes I definitely am enjoying it and OEM quality is the correct term to describe this steering wheel, I love it! Lol...I still have to find the shift boot, shift ****, and replace the blue stitching on the alcantara dash. It will all come in due time, thank god I don't have OCD...lol.
Old 01-27-16, 10:48 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Thanks! Yes I definitely am enjoying it and OEM quality is the correct term to describe this steering wheel, I love it! Lol...I still have to find the shift boot, shift ****, and replace the blue stitching on the alcantara dash. It will all come in due time, thank god I don't have OCD...lol.
Another very solid addition to your already beautiful car! I love it.
Old 01-27-16, 02:37 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Are you familiar with the steering wheel thickness on an ISX50 F Sport? My IS350 steering wheel feels much smaller than the RC F wheel.

I contacted DCTMS a while back and they mentioned 6 weeks to get these steering wheels, how long did you have to wait?
Old 01-27-16, 09:16 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
Are you familiar with the steering wheel thickness on an ISX50 F Sport? My IS350 steering wheel feels much smaller than the RC F wheel.

I contacted DCTMS a while back and they mentioned 6 weeks to get these steering wheels, how long did you have to wait?
Not really but the top carbon part of the steering wheel is only 1 mm less than stock, you will barely notice a difference if you hold your steering wheel between 10 and 2 o' clock. If you hold the bottom carbon, between 7 and 5 o' clock, you'll definitely feel the difference.

I placed an order with them last Tuesday, I believe they had one left in stock, and it arrived that Friday through USPS! Got to love priority mail!
Old 01-28-16, 03:45 PM
DCTMS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you for RCF500's installation pictures. We appreciate your time and beautiful installation picture. It is a very nice interior upgrade to your RC F.

We also have black carbon fiber top and two lower parts of black flat bottom, red leather sporty side grips, and black stitching steering wheel for XE30 RC F, IS , NX, CT members

(Front view of carbon steering wheel)

(RC F customer's installation picture)
Old 01-28-16, 05:03 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow very nice!!!!!!
Old 01-28-16, 05:15 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

you said the red is a close match.. how close would you say 90% or better?

how close of a match is the carbon fiber to the door panel carbon fiber?

I am really torn on getting this, but having done swaps like this in the past on other cars and not having things match really drives me nuts..

Quick Reply: DCTMS Carbon Steering Wheel Review