Please keep us posted

I bought a new car in December 2016 model

Had two issues right away

One dealer treated me poorly

I took it up with corporate and ownership of dealer

Service advisor suspended without pay for a week
They fixed car
Gave me $1500 credit for service
Glad to hear they took care of you. Sorry you had the problems with the car. I have some letters ready to send to Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan, addressed to the Chairman, the President & CEO, 7 of the Executive Presidents, the Board of Directors (as a group), Yasuo Kajino (Chief Designer) and Yukihiko Yaguchi (Chief Engineer The RC F). Also to Toyota Motor North America, Inc addressed to the CEO and the Executive VP & CAO. One to the President of Toyota Technical Center. Letters to Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc addressed to the Senior VP, Executive VP and the VP - Production Control. Then to Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. addressed to the President & CEO and the Group VP ad General Manager - Lexus Division.
Old 02-05-16, 11:28 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Squeaky wheel gets the grease

After I raised hell in writing they took care of me
Old 02-06-16, 12:29 AM
Gatie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Squeaky wheel gets the grease

After I raised hell in writing they took care of me
Thanks for the encouragement. Well the business day is well over now.....actually the whole day of Friday has passed. It is well after midnight and I have not received the call. I will follow up on Monday.
Old 02-06-16, 06:25 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Damn sorry for the hassle, but corporate should've stepped on this asap. This is a serious manner....
Old 02-06-16, 09:20 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatie
mjeds and ryanSC300lover.....thank you for the recommendations. Right now I am determined to "make" the current dealership replace the pump THEY installed. After that I will most likely see you at Santa Monica. This is frustrating because I had been going to South Bay Lexus since 1992 without any problems. They opened up that big service center and lost that "personal" touch and consideration toward the customer.
My blood pressure was rising the more i read your earlier comments, i Don't have much tolerance when it comes to that kind of Run around Crap especially when it's still under warranty. I Definitely would make THEM fix it since THEY are the Dealership you bought your car from to begin with. I couldn't imagine a different dealership fixing it when you didn't buy it from them even if it is under warranty, i would imagine they would be thinking the same thing as WHY are you bringing it TO US & Not the original Dealership you bought it from Definitely sounds like you're going to have to go to the Higher UP'S. Keep us informed & GL
Old 02-06-16, 09:25 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

^
Warranty is good at any dealership
It has nothing to do with selling dealership

I buy all my Lexus at the cheapest Los Angeles dealership . However they have the worst service

Thus I service my Lexus at a good service dealership

I have other brands of cars I do the same with

No problems

Dealers get paid on warranty work
They aren't doing it for free
Old 02-06-16, 09:54 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I bought a new car in December 2016 model. Had two issues right away
Would you mind sharing what were those? My car had/has rattles galore since day 1, and parking brake misadjusted. Curious if you had more serious issues. Thanks.

Back to the original discussion. OP, you're far from the only one. Many dealers are refusing to replace fuel pumps until they fail. And that's reportedly due to Lexus orders. Dealers wouldn't get reimbursed otherwise. That's disturbing. Having to wait until your car leaves you stranded, possibly in a dangerous/inconvenient place? Stupid. But more disturbing was the find of one dealer which decided to look deeper into the issue. Turns out it seems like the culprit is the wire harness, and not the fuel pump. Unfortunately, this poster didn't elaborate, but needless to say, replacing the entire harness needs dismantling half the car. Something wrong with the wiring/connector, that starts arching and causing excessive resistance, hence the humming, until pump fails. I wanted more information, but couldn't find it. It makes sense to me it's something deeper, since port-injection low-pressure fuel pumps have been in production for decades. Didn't make any sense they'd last just 5K miles (or less in the OP's case). And subsequent pumps were bad as well. Anyway, glad somebody is pushing for answers. Hope whatever the culprit is, we owners are informed, to know what the heck we're dealing with. Good luck.
Old 02-06-16, 09:58 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

^
Warranty is good at any dealership
It has nothing to do with selling dealership

I buy all my Lexus at the cheapest Los Angeles dealership . However they have the worst service

Thus I service my Lexus at a good service dealership

I have other brands of cars I do the same with

No problems

Dealers get paid on warranty work
They aren't doing it for free
Either way WHY would he take his car to another dealership when this one is the one that should be held Accountable I mean Lexus Corp. or whoever HAS to make this particular dealership fix whatever's the issue on his car if it's still under warranty Unless there's something else going on we don't know about. If he takes it to another dealership & they fix it, then you're Basically just letting this other dealership off the hook & not holding them accountable. I mean HOW can you buy a 70k+ car with a FULL Warranty & it's not even a few months out & they Refuse to Honor their Warranty I would think there would be some MAJOR Consequences for Not Honoring a Contract you have in Writing.
Old 02-06-16, 09:58 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Bad alignment (steering off from factory
Dealer suggested I hit a curb
Car had 83 miles on it
Moron service advisor

Also moonroof seal was leaking
Old 02-06-16, 10:00 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Either way WHY would he take his car to another dealership when this one is the one that should be held Accountable I mean Lexus Corp. or whoever HAS to make this particular dealership fix whatever's the issue on his car if it's still under warranty Unless there's something else going on we don't know about. If he takes it to another dealership & they fix it, then you're Basically just letting this other dealership off the hook & not holding them accountable. I mean HOW can you buy a 70k+ car with a FULL Warranty & it's not even a few months out & they Refuse to Honor their Warranty I would think there would be some MAJOR Consequences for Not Honoring a Contract you have in Writing.
agree with you 100% this dealership should be held accountable and fix it

I said for future he can take to diff dealership

And I was commenting on your comment that selling dealer and servicing dealer doesn't have to be the same

Old 02-06-16, 10:07 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Where's Doug at on here, he's an Attorney & should be able to clarify a lil' about this. Though, i guess you would have to hear both sides to get a better sense of Exactly what's going on here. Got to be more to the story IF this dealership is refusing to fix it AND giving him the constant run around & not even calling him back. Just listening to the OP it sounds like this dealership is a real jerk when it comes to doing warranty service, at least in his case.
Old 02-06-16, 10:16 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

JD/MD here

Don't need an attorney on this yet. This dealership service is known for not good service. Nothing new

I am sure OP will figure it out

If not, I am local and be happy to help him out

In my experience of owning 56 cars so far, they are machines and things go wrong . When dealership doesn't fix, elevating to regional manager and corporate plus involving dealer owner takes care of the problem right away

If not, legal should be the next step in the process
Old 02-06-16, 10:17 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

agree with you 100% this dealership should be held accountable and fix it

I said for future he can take to diff dealership

And I was commenting on your comment that selling dealer and servicing dealer doesn't have to be the same

Thanks ryan, i haven't bought a lot of New Vehicles, so i don't usually deal with too many Stealerships (what i've always heard they were called) but i guess if you get a Good one with a Good Service Manager that would make all the Difference in the World. Though I would NEVER take my car to a Dealership Service Center if it wasn't under a warranty (for a tune-up, oil change, etc...), i know too many really good mechanics around here that has their own shop & i wouldn't have to worry about them Ripping me off or over charging me for other things. Guess i've just heard to many Horror Stories when it comes to Dealerships.
Old 02-06-16, 10:20 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

The horror stories you have heard was warranted
My friend had his 1600 mile original owner Nsx destroyed by a dealer monkey last year
Had to file suit to get him the right settlement for the car

That said I use dealer services for the free services when offered or for wife's cars that I don't care about wrenching on

My personal cars I do 60% of the small stuff, as time allows and leave the big service for repeatable non dealer mechanics

stealership as you suggested is an appropriate term

Quick Reply: Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump