RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 02:12 PM
Gatie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump

I just “registered” to participate onClub Lexus. First, I want to thank allof you for posting comments and information regarding the 2015 RC F. I read a lot of your comments back in 2014before placing my order on October 27, 2014. After a 6 month wait, I took delivery on April 1, 2015. My fuel pump started making that “humming”noise a couple of weeks ago and it has been a nightmare dealing with theDealership and Lexus HQ. My wifeinsisted that I share my experience with all of you since your comments werehelpful to me. She said I have to reducemy multi-page complaint down to one paragraph. So, I will try.

After driving my car for a total of2097 miles, the noise started. Afterarguing with the Dealership for 2 days, they replaced my fuel pump. The very next day (12 miles later) the newpump started making the noise. TheDealership is refusing to honor the Lexus Warranty. They will not replace that pump with anotherone. Over the last 7 days, I have madeseveral calls to the Dealership and Lexus HQ. It has been 5 days now since Lexus HQ opened a “case”. The Case Manager is suppose to call me today.
Old 02-05-16, 03:23 PM
kdphan
Driver

Did the dealership say why they are refusing to warranty it?

The car is under warranty...Unless the dealer is a dip**** and doesn't care about honoring warranties. Lexus HQ should've stepped in right away and not wait 5 days.

if nothing within a week, i'm sure telling them you have a lawyer working on your case would get the ball rolling.
Old 02-05-16, 03:30 PM
Gatie
Rookie

Dealership "refused" my replacement request 3 times so far. The Lexus HQ Case Manager was suppose to call 2 days ago. Then he request 2 additional days, which is today. Still waiting for the call.
Old 02-05-16, 03:50 PM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by Gatie
Dealership "refused" my replacement request 3 times so far. The Lexus HQ Case Manager was suppose to call 2 days ago. Then he request 2 additional days, which is today. Still waiting for the call.
I don't understand why there's even a reason to wait on replacing a known issue. That's not acceptable in my book.

When BMW knew about the HPFP issue, they added an additional 50k miles or so on that particular part after replacing it. Audi stepped up and recalled a thermostat when they knew the plastic design was an issue. So I'm not sure what Lexus is waiting for...
Old 02-05-16, 04:02 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Which dealership is this?
Old 02-05-16, 04:14 PM
Gatie
Rookie

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Which dealership is this?
South Bay Lexus
Old 02-05-16, 04:21 PM
kdphan
Driver

Have you tried going to another lexus dealership?
Old 02-05-16, 04:30 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Does the car have any modifications?
Old 02-05-16, 05:16 PM
Gatie
Rookie

No modifications to the car. And, before trying another dealership I was waiting to hear back from the Case Manager from Lexus HQ. By the way, he was suppose to call me back by the end of the business day today. It is already 5:15 PM here in California.
Old 02-05-16, 05:29 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I would think they would have to give a reason as to why they won't fix it.
Old 02-05-16, 05:48 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kdphan
Did the dealership say why they are refusing to warranty it?

The car is under warranty...Unless the dealer is a dip**** and doesn't care about honoring warranties. Lexus HQ should've stepped in right away and not wait 5 days.

if nothing within a week, i'm sure telling them you have a lawyer working on your case would get the ball rolling.
^^^^THIS Keep us Informed, kinda hard to Believe they're being this much of an A$$ when it Doesn't seem like they have a leg to stand on GL
Old 02-05-16, 05:55 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Dealer cannot deny warranty coverage, only Lexus Corp can do that.

what the dealer is doing is refusing to replace it again because they do not believe Lexus Warranty will reimburse them and they will be out the labor and parts. What they are doing is common when they do not believe they will get reimbursed, it isn't warranty denial, it is refusal to do the work.

I would suggest talking to another dealership, I deal with Santa Monica Lexus, (Doug Elliot is my advisor there) and they have been a great dealership to work with, it is worth the 40+ miles drive to go to them vs. Cerritos Lexus who are just plain d1cks.
Old 02-05-16, 06:55 PM
Gatie
Rookie

After the dealership replaced my original pump, I scheduled an appt to bring it back in so they could replace the pump they put in....which is now making a louder noise than the original one. At my appt, the Rep came out and said they cannot replace the pump because it will probably be another "bad" one. He said Lexus knows there is a problem I just have to wait for about 30 days for the "fix". I called Lexus HQ that day to ask if they have information regarding a problem with the 2015 RC F fuel pump. I was told there is nothing on their system. I kept pressing the guy and he said he will escalate it to a Case Manager who will contact me within 2 days. The next day I called the dealership and was "refused" 2 more times. They gave me the same "line" as the first guy. I tried to contact the Case Manager but was told he is scheduled to call me "tomorrow" (the 2nd day) and they have no further information to provide. The next day the Case Mgr left me a message saying they need to 2 more days and they will call me on Friday (today). He said I could call him with questions. The next day I tried to call him with my questions but was told he is not available to speak with me....he will call you by the end of day tomorrow (Friday). He left a message this morning that he wants to give me a status update. I called him back within the hour and was told he is not available to speak with me and he will call me back. Well, it is almost 7:00 PM.....no call.
Old 02-05-16, 06:55 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I have been dealing with Santa Monica Lexus for 11 years
They are fantastic

I live 1 mile from another Lexus dealer
And 13 miles form other one

But I take all my Lexus cars to Santa Monica
Old 02-05-16, 07:05 PM
Gatie
Rookie

mjeds and ryanSC300lover.....thank you for the recommendations. Right now I am determined to "make" the current dealership replace the pump THEY installed. After that I will most likely see you at Santa Monica. This is frustrating because I had been going to South Bay Lexus since 1992 without any problems. They opened up that big service center and lost that "personal" touch and consideration toward the customer.

Quick Reply: Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump