RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Carbon Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-16, 09:23 AM
TexasISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Park Place Lexus had a lot of RCs on the lot with hydro dipped parts. It is included as a separate invoice with the vehicle.
Old 02-26-16, 11:32 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't remeber the website now, but I saw one that was offering genuine carbon fiber mirror covers shipped from Japan for about $1,400.

The other ones posted here from Europe are Carbon Fiber "look" meaning it's either hydro dipped or wrapped.
Old 02-26-16, 11:58 AM
stoomac
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I heard back from the dealer that these were added there and were supposed to be on the invoice for $600 but they forgot about them. He didn't know if they were wrapped or dipped but from the pictures shared I'm pretty sure they are dipped.
Old 03-01-16, 09:18 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here we go I finally found the real carbon fiber mirror covers I was talking about, and it's from one of the CL vendors too.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...n-door-mirrors
Old 03-02-16, 01:43 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Here we go I finally found the real carbon fiber mirror covers I was talking about, and it's from one of the CL vendors too.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...n-door-mirrors
A little bird told me where to get that item for less.. Hmm..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-02-16, 10:40 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
A little bird told me where to get that item for less.. Hmm..

-Josh
Question for you, do they fit USDM models, I have several places told me they will not fit USDM becaue they are for JDM.
Old 03-02-16, 07:07 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I've got these mirror covers from a different forum sponsor than either of the ones mentioned here for a very good price. See link to thread below where I've posted pics. Planning to have these installed on the car tomorrow. In just looking at the shells, the left and right look like mirror images of each other so I don't think (hoping) that JDM vs USDM will be an issue. If it was the actual mirror it would probably cause a problem as the mirror (convexity, I think) is different between markets. Will post pics in my build thread once installed. A little nervous about what the install is going to run me. The door panels may need to be removed and then remove the whole mirror assembly to replace the housing. Ouch....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ork-s-rcf.html

Last edited by weswork; 03-02-16 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-04-16, 04:39 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Well folks, bad news... The JDM/RHD mirror housings don't fit on our cars. Visually they look the same but, our housings are just a tad bigger and so the way the mirror is positioned in the housing causes the RHD ones not to work. Tried to mix and match the upper and lower pieces as an alternative but, it was a no go.

Luis at Carson has been great to deal with during this process, he's covering the shipping back to him, working with the vendor to ensure full refund, and putting together another "option" to help satisfy what I was trying to achieve.

As an FYI, these were the LEMS covers that are listed on other vendors sites.
Old 03-07-16, 04:20 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys, this is Bo from Bulletproof Automotive. I just saw this thread so I thought I'd chime in...

We've recently developed some carbon mirror covers for the RC-F for you guys.

These are high quality wet carbon layup using authentic OEM Lexus cores. We used real carbon fiber and bonded them onto the factory cores.

This isn't the traditional carbon "wrap". These aren't cheap vinyl covers or "snap-on" carbon pieces.

This is literally a part of the mirror housing. We recently made a set for one of our Club Lexus members.

I also started a new thread regarding our RCF carbon mirrors. You can check it out here...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post9396995

If you're interested, either email, PM, or call me and I'll be happy to help you. Just ask for Bo.

Name:  IMG_2482%20WM.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  225.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2481%20WM.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  176.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2479%20WM.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2483%20WM.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  233.2 KB
Old 03-07-16, 07:05 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Bo,
Thanks for posting and for you guys stepping up to make additional products for our community. This looks good and the weave, coloration and pattern appears to match the factory, which is an area that I had concerns about when trying to source this. The LEMS CF matched the factory exactly but, unfortunately didn't fit. I'll send you a PM for pricing and availability as I am curious. One question I'll post here and maybe you can also address it in your new thread as well.

The factory mirror housings come in 3 pieces. It appears as though you have bonded two of the pieces together with the carbon cloth. The bottom section where the hole is comes up and around and forms the bottom border of the turn signal lamp and is black plastic, matching the mirror surround. The upper portion is painted body color and this is the portion that LEMS did in CF. Can you confirm? Hopefully this won't cause any issues when you go to fit them as there won't be any "give".
Old 03-08-16, 07:17 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by weswork
Bo,
Thanks for posting and for you guys stepping up to make additional products for our community. This looks good and the weave, coloration and pattern appears to match the factory, which is an area that I had concerns about when trying to source this. The LEMS CF matched the factory exactly but, unfortunately didn't fit. I'll send you a PM for pricing and availability as I am curious. One question I'll post here and maybe you can also address it in your new thread as well.

The factory mirror housings come in 3 pieces. It appears as though you have bonded two of the pieces together with the carbon cloth. The bottom section where the hole is comes up and around and forms the bottom border of the turn signal lamp and is black plastic, matching the mirror surround. The upper portion is painted body color and this is the portion that LEMS did in CF. Can you confirm? Hopefully this won't cause any issues when you go to fit them as there won't be any "give".
Thanks for the kind words and thank you for your support!! We love being part of the Lexus community and we appreciate the support and friendships we've made here so far.

As for the mirrors, you're right on the money. We actually spoke to LEMS regarding these mirror covers for the RCF a while back and they notified us that the LEMS mirror covers were only for the Japanese Market cars and wouldn't not work with the US market RCF.

Each of our mirror covers are special made to order parts so they do require a bit of a lead time which can vary. I'd estimate roughly between 3-6 weeks quoting conservatively.

You're correct. There are 3 pieces to the mirror housing. LEMS offers the top back housing cover, which is usually painted body color, in carbon that is bonded to a factory OEM core like we do; however, they don't bond together the bottom piece so that is still left plastic.

We thought it would look better to have the entire back housing done in carbon so we bonded the two pieces together to create one full back housing and then converted the entire piece into carbon fiber. It looks a bit cleaner and a little nicer. Benefit to you guys is you get more carbon

Luckily installation wise, there's enough "give" to where you can mate up the two halves fairly easily and then there are 4 small screws behind the mirror lens that basically tighten everything together.

We've had quite a bit of experience with carbon production. We built an entire brand using the R35 GTR platform where we only produced custom carbon pieces.

Many of you Lexus/RCF guys also own or have owned a GTR most likely know or have heard of our BrandRR/GT-RR brand. We thought it might be cool to bring that same type of experience to the Lexus platform as well.

I have some cool photos below of some of our carbon work for the R35 GTR interior pieces. The car is our own demo car we built a couple years back. Essentially we're applying this same type of process and same production quality to these Lexus parts.

I'll try to answer everybody's PM's by tonight and tomorrow. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-11-800x533.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-13-800x533.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  114.1 KB

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-6-800x533.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-12-800x533.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-8-800x533.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  Larry_Chen_Bulletproof_Carbon_GTR-10-800x533.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  69.9 KB
Old 03-09-16, 08:10 AM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 31 Posts

those mirrors look sick...... maybe one day lol ;/
Old 03-09-16, 05:09 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by panita2010
those mirrors look sick...... maybe one day lol ;/
LOL, no worries. Let me know and I'll hook you up on those. By the way, did you ever get my email I sent? I didn't hear from you so I wanted to check with you.