RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16 | 05:59 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

The car is great, ignore the people like ELP_JC because he has issues with everything he owns.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/328...n-a-stock-gtr/
Old 02-14-16 | 06:37 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
NO issues that i know of (put CarboTech Pads on it, so No Squeal OR Dust) No issues with the Rear Spoiler (it stays UP All the time). No wind noise or squeaks in the Cabin. No issues with the Fuel Pump (knock on wood) but it still only has 2k miles on it.
Where did u order your carbotech pads?
Old 02-14-16 | 09:13 AM
7No
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
..... Never driven to Big Bend before, but the noise was deafening. My ears were ringing when we finally got to Study Butte.
There are some long lonely stretches of road to Big Bend....
Old 02-15-16 | 05:39 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
The car is great, ignore the people like ELP_JC because he has issues with everything he owns.
What I have, and had, were legitimate issues fan boy. Bought both cars blindly; that's why. Trying to prevent others of making the same mistake. The additional mistake on the RC-F was to buy a first-year model, and it was my fault for trusting Lexus over all others, and breaking my own promise to never do that again. The GTR simply wasn't the car for me, and the changes Nissan made for 2015 were for the worse. Again, without a proper test drive other than around the block, you just can't tell.

Originally Posted by 7No
There are some long lonely stretches of road to Big Bend....
Yup. Was hauling a$$, but man, the asphalt is absolute crap, and the noise inside the cabin was deafening. Didn't occur to me to take earplugs from my motorcycle, but needed them badly. The difference from normal asphalt to that is astounding. I never imagined this car being so freaking loud inside. And the bad news is most of the roads here in the desert southwest are just like that. Will test drive an M6 later this week and see how much better it is. Should have bought the Porsche if I knew the RC-F was this loud. Ha ha. A proper GT car should be quieter. If the M6 is, will probably get that, so I can use it more, and travel on it. If not, then the Porsche. At least it'd be much sportier than this one, and with leather everywhere, a better (Burmester) stereo, adjustable exhaust, etc. The good news is people can now find an RC-F to test-drive extensively, to avoid buying the wrong car.