RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Need some input before I purchase. Anyone actually regret buying the RC F?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-16, 09:31 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the TVD so I won't regret anything in the future plus all the loaded options. My wife was very supportive, loves the CF and for the future the resale value would be more compared to the base model.
Old 02-21-16, 09:47 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by alfaromeo3
I got the TVD so I won't regret anything in the future plus all the loaded options. My wife was very supportive, loves the CF and for the future the resale value would be more compared to the base model.
Everything is better in Molten Pearl. For sure if you get it, you won't regret not getting it! Go big or go home!
Old 02-21-16, 12:55 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,390 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
Do you have a point of view on TVD vs non-TVD?

Yes, I have extensively driven both non-TVD and TVD, as we had both a TVD car and non-TVD car when we developed our RRRacing/Penske suspension.

My impression is that for those of you who dont track, TVD is not essential, its not going to make you faster on the road -- if you are nuts, you can do ridiculous things on the road with a non-TVD RCF!

On the track, my feeling is that the stock RCF suspension leaves so much to be desired, that money is FAR better spent on a proper suspension rather than TVD option. On a relative scale, a proper suspension is going to do more for your confidence and lap times than a TVD.

I wrote a suspension article on our website where we go into suspension tuning for the RCF, and the improvements we made (shock & spring tuning, and converting the rear suspension to "true" coilover design).

RCF Suspension white paper link here:

http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/215.htm

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-21-16 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-21-16, 02:40 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My plan is to finish paying off the RCF in 3-4 years, then most likely a Porsche 911 or GTR (if they have a new revision as the current model is so dated).
Old 02-21-16, 09:00 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
For me the bottom line is the V8 sounds amazing and will a great GT car. However don`t buy it expecting M4 beating characteristics. Plus with leftover models selling for F sport money its a great bargain.

Definite lease though as the depreciation on these is like no other
You bring up an interesting point... I actually don't think for those who purchase the car at a steep discount depreciation would be an issue. On the contrary, I think the big depreciation hit is being partially absorbed by the discount. In 2010 I got a 2009 is-f for 49k brand new (sticker was 62k? Can't recall...) I sold it 2 years later for 44k...
Old 02-21-16, 09:07 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The more I drive it, the more I appreciate the harmony of Lexus/Toyota engineering which I rate as the best on Earth atm. There's a lasting solidity to the chassis, powertrain and all touch points. It's rock solid along many fronts.

Any gripes? The only thing I wish they offered is full leather interior (stitched leather dash and door uppers) + automatic folding mirrors for those of us in the USA. I wouldn't mind if they went after a louder exhaust bark so I don't have to deal w/ the chintzy designs of the F car aftermarket.
Old 02-22-16, 07:22 PM
kdu
Rookie

Deposit had been put down on a non-performance packaged black/black. Finishing the deal this weekend. Cautiously optimistic!
Old 02-22-16, 08:46 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
Deposit had been put down on a non-performance packaged black/black. Finishing the deal this weekend. Cautiously optimistic!
What are the numbers?
Old 02-23-16, 04:14 AM
kdu
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
What are the numbers?
I'll post all details when finished. Don't want to jinks myself, plus I've learned the hard way that it's not done until it's done.
Old 02-28-16, 05:55 PM
kdu
Rookie

I'm officially part of the club! Here is a pic after paying for my first tank of gas. ~$60.5k out the door, no trade. Thank you all for your feedback.

Old 02-28-16, 05:56 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
I'm officially part of the club! Here is a pic after paying for my first tank of gas. ~$60.5k out the door, no trade. Thank you all for your feedback.

Congratulations! What a steal. Looks good. Black on black on black
Old 02-28-16, 06:12 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu

Nice! What's sticker and selling price before ttl?
Old 02-28-16, 10:19 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu

Looking good. Congrats. Enjoy your new car!
Old 02-28-16, 11:08 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

ENJOY IT. No regrets here. I talk to alot of guys on here that get into the RCF because of their regret from there previous car though. . The majority of people on here drive the RCF because they love the car (for whatever subjective reason) over comparative cross shopped cars, not because we couldn't afford one of the many other cross shopped cars because if we liked the (V, M4, RS5, corvette, whatever) more, we/i'd be in one of those.
Old 02-29-16, 07:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,390 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu

At that price, you cannot go wrong, that is a lot of car for the money!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Quick Reply: Need some input before I purchase. Anyone actually regret buying the RC F?