RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

1.5g max? Ever hit it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-16, 02:28 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1.5g max? Ever hit it?

The G force monitor says max 1.5g. Anyone here ever hit it?

Old 02-20-16, 02:48 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like someone is having some fun. Hope the "new" RCF is treating you better.
Old 02-20-16, 03:05 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DougHII
Looks like someone is having some fun. Hope the "new" RCF is treating you better.
Yeah, TVD is the real deal.
Old 02-20-16, 03:08 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
Yeah, TVD is the real deal.
Really? You like it. Lol, I have been bashing it as unnecessary since last night. On plane heading back that way from Cali. Gave a good weekend!
Old 02-20-16, 05:49 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DougHII
Really? You like it. Lol, I have been bashing it as unnecessary since last night. On plane heading back that way from Cali. Gave a good weekend!
HA. You and other ppl on this forum have far more driving experience and knowledge than I do. I'm just a guy with keys to a RCF. I drive the Dragon's Tail (318 turns over 11 miles) at least every two weeks. I've driven it for nearly 20 years ...Almost killing myself in company cars (Dodge Intrepid and Mercury Sable).

I drove the Dragon's Tail on Friday and SAT this weekend in the my new TVD version. Man, I can't tell you what it was doing, but it was better than my non-TVD version I drove this past year.

It's a benefit but not a deal breaker for any buyer.

Now back to the topic. Let's share the GForce numbers. Anyone hit 1.5g?

Old 02-21-16, 09:32 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Need to come up and do the tail. I am thinking about driving the wife and 4 year old next time we go to UNC Chappel Hill to visit my 18 year old at school. We have been flying, but I want family to see that area and gorgeous drive.

Not sure it will hit 1.5. I used to hit about 1.7 or 1.8 sustained in Porsche GT3 Cup cars on slicks, maybe 1.3 in GT3 street version on R compounds and some peak transient 1.4s when hitting curbs, loading suspension on dips, bumps and etc.

Peak transient of 1.3 and 1.3 in RCF would be extremely respectable for both car and driver. Are you hitting peak transient 1.2s at the tail. Big huevos!
Old 02-21-16, 09:43 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

DB:

Do you think the TVD is worth the price of admission? If you are hitting those peak Gs in the Tail, you are definitely in a position to make a fair comparison. Could ambient temps, tire pressures, tire tread and etc. be impacting or can you feel the car rotating better at turn in?

I do know that guys are complaining a bit about snapping the 991 GT3s with rear steering and other new Porsche models with torque vectoring option due to increased rotation when limits approach. Traction control in RC F should save though unless you really over cook it, lift abruptly or throttle oversteer at a critical point.
Old 02-21-16, 07:07 PM
GGawaran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The G force monitor says max 1.5g. Anyone here ever hit it?

1.5? Is this new for the 2016 models? On mine it says 1.0
Old 02-21-16, 07:39 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GGawaran
1.5? Is this new for the 2016 models? On mine it says 1.0
No this function is not new. User Manual page 117 and 118," advanced display mode"
Old 02-21-16, 10:03 PM
GGawaran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjmalm
No this function is not new. User Manual page 117 and 118," advanced display mode"
Thanks for this!
Old 02-22-16, 05:55 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

I need me some Tail! Db, are you coming down to Alys Beach for the wine fest in a few weeks? WannaGoFast in Clayton is coming up....Going to try and reserve the same cabin we had last year since it's a paved road all the way to it. I think I'll have a few days towards the end of March we could all meet up for some Tail.
Old 02-22-16, 06:51 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I need me some Tail! Db, are you coming down to Alys Beach for the wine fest in a few weeks? WannaGoFast in Clayton is coming up....Going to try and reserve the same cabin we had last year since it's a paved road all the way to it. I think I'll have a few days towards the end of March we could all meet up for some Tail.
I sent you and DougH a PM. ...and for those scratching your head, Carnevino wants to meet me for Dragon's Tail. Ha.
Old 02-22-16, 06:53 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rjmalm
Yeah, go to the G Force monitor with your steering wheel controls then press the center square button and it will show the max history of G Force the car has done.
Old 02-22-16, 07:47 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, go to the G Force monitor with your steering wheel controls then press the center square button and it will show the max history of G Force the car has done.
Yep, found mine in the way home from depositions today about a 100 miles from my house. I have a 1.1 braking and a .8 acceleration. Had a 1.2 both sides. On the way to get my daughter today, I had to play and see if I could get more so I tried to get a peak transient reading as high as possible. I hit a large parking lot and did a sharp trail brake like turn in to get the fronts to grip hard and rotated into a slight drift at about 50 mph and could only get it to 1.2 on 3 tries. Not sure there is much more that 1.2 lateral in the stock tires and stock suspension. I do like the center gauge that lock in on peak values when it hits over .6. Made it easy to see peak values on each try.

I am actually more curious about the acceleration and braking. I am a .2 higher on both. .2 is pretty significant on acceleration. Are you ***** footing around or has mine really gotten stronger as of late like I keep saying. I have thought my car pulls much harder now than new.

Last edited by DougHII; 02-22-16 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-22-16, 08:22 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

1.5g is crazy.

Get some slicks, better pads, and slam on your brakes from 100mph. MAYBE you'll see 1.5g.

Quick Reply: 1.5g max? Ever hit it?