RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Resale Value

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-16, 10:03 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by CalboyF
FYI, just two days ago I saw a 2015 White with Red leather and carbon package with 14k miles selling for $60k. I called the seller and it's a middle-age man and he said he was firm on the price. I guess it's a good deal. It seems like it holds value pretty well. It's in SoCal.
Only true if the middle aged man sells it, otherwise its just some dude who is delusional with pricing.
No doubt once depreciation curves reach their plateau the F will command more then its competitors, but right now its a volatile market for buyers who finance or pay cash
Old 02-25-16, 10:07 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
I'm personally sick and tired of losing tens of thousands of dollars by trading in cars to go after the next hot thing. I'm definitely in my RCF for the long-term which is 5-7 years for me which is why I got the first year model which makes Lexus F the only performance vehicle I trust in its class to keep my wallet happy from fixing broken things which leads to my other point.

I'm just as into lifted overlanding trucks as I am small sports cars so that'll be my next focus. Once the RCF has lived out its life, my next vehicle will no doubt be one that is used and NOT lose value. I'm done with keeping up with the latest and greatest. I am in the market, moving forward, for special edition vehicles where governance, scarcity of resources, low volumes, oddball board decisions etc dictate desirability/pricing.
I really share the very same thought with you !!!! BUT BUT then Lexus just has to come up with LC500 LOL......

It just makes my wallet bleed.....
Old 02-25-16, 10:13 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Only true if the middle aged man sells it, otherwise its just some dude who is delusional with pricing.

wow! so are you saying even at $60k a RCF with such beautiful color combo and TVD will have a hard time selling?

in that case, I guess our car is not holding up the value as good as we think?

hahahah. now i don't want to think how much our car will be worth 3 or 4 years down the road

how about M4? it seems it take a heavier hit than ours.
Old 02-25-16, 10:24 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CalboyF
wow! so are you saying even at $60k a RCF with such beautiful color combo and TVD will have a hard time selling?

in that case, I guess our car is not holding up the value as good as we think?

hahahah. now i don't want to think how much our car will be worth 3 or 4 years down the road

how about M4? it seems it take a heavier hit than ours.

$60K IMO is a reasonable price, Longo Lexus in El Monte is showing they have 2 used without the Carbon/TVD package for $58,988 (16K miles) and $63,546 (2,100 miles).

Beverly Hill Lexus is asking $73,000 for an Orange with carbon/TVD before discounts.

so his price point is right there..

HOWEVER. as a private party seller he is going to have a time selling it, he can't offer any type of financing. @ $60K a lot of people are more comfortable with a dealer than some guy listing on craigslist.

Last edited by mjeds; 02-25-16 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-25-16, 12:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
$60K IMO is a reasonable price, Longo Lexus in El Monte is showing they have 2 used without the Carbon/TVD package for $58,988 (16K miles) and $63,546 (2,100 miles).

Beverly Hill Lexus is asking $73,000 for an Orange with carbon/TVD before discounts.

so his price point is right there..

HOWEVER. as a private party seller he is going to have a time selling it, he can't officer any type of financing. @ $60K a lot of people are more comfortable with a dealer than some guy listing on craigslist.
Very good point. Majority of peeps are not going to get financed through a private party.

Even in the cars you provided, 14k miles is equivalent to $5K difference? Thats insane. Either theyre packed differenty or im confused
Old 02-25-16, 12:53 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Very good point. Majority of peeps are not going to get financed through a private party.

Even in the cars you provided, 14k miles is equivalent to $5K difference? Thats insane. Either theyre packed differenty or im confused

do you mean his car is underpriced by $5,000?

it's the price he is asking, it doesn't mean it is under or over priced, it is his asking price.

the 2 on the dealer lots are not apple to apple comparisons because they are the luxury not performance package, but the dealer paid less for them than they are asking.

in the case of the private seller he is likely asking what he owes, or close to it. He could probably be asking more, but as I said he will have a hard time selling it, he can not offer anything to the buyer but a car, a dealer can offer financing, maintenance plans, warranties, etc.
Old 02-25-16, 02:03 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
I have a 2015 RCF which has essentially lost 1/3 of its trade-in value in less than a year of ownership. Yes, life isn't fair or predictable and supply/demand, etc. However, this will be a significant factor when the time comes to choose between another Lexus or another brand.
It is true what some of the guys are saying....that depreciation with stabilize over time.

But thats not what I want to say.

Cars are meant to be driven. Cars are not investment properties. Buying one for its long term value is a very poor use of investment dollars.

These cars are meant to have fun with. To get from point A to B and enjoying doing it. Any other reason for owning it is anti-enthusiast.

Forget about depreciation and enjoy the car.
Old 02-25-16, 02:47 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
That's the BMW issue, after warranty take 10-20k more off, that's the main reason I went with the RCF I am not going to drive in fear of a 5-10k repair, I just don't want to **** money away.
And that's the dirty little secret...cars like AMGs and M's seem to take ANOTHER hit in resale once they are out of warranty. So you have the initial 1st year ding and then another sharp decline once they pass 50k miles.

These are 1st World Problems, to be sure. But i don't have a stable of cars that i replace, yearly, from whatever I fancy on the DuPont Registry.

Btw...are you gonna sign up for the WGF event in Clayton? Registration is the 11th and it sells out in minutes. Would love to see you there. Maybe even line em up? 😏