RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Favorite and need improvement features in the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-16, 04:48 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like he positioning of the cruise control. The trackpad is awkward ...even when not driving. They should have used a touch screen
Old 03-05-16, 06:45 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I miss the auto seat positioning when the seat belt is attached/unattached. Had this feature on the previous LS and current GX. So, I use the second memory seat position now.
Old 03-07-16, 10:23 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BAlbright
I don't like he positioning of the cruise control. The trackpad is awkward ...even when not driving. They should have used a touch screen

I agree on the cruise control, however I like the track pad.

a touch screen is not practical with the screen's location.

Originally Posted by gs400jon
I miss the auto seat positioning when the seat belt is attached/unattached. Had this feature on the previous LS and current GX. So, I use the second memory seat position now.

Please explain, I don't understand what you mean?

my seat moves fine with the seat belt attached.

what I don't like is the seat doesn't move back when exiting. I have memory #3 set as the seat full back and steering full up and in so I can swing my legs out of the car. Sucks I have to press the #3 button every time I exit the car though.
Old 03-07-16, 03:18 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
I agree on the cruise control, however I like the track pad.

a touch screen is not practical with the screen's location.

Please explain, I don't understand what you mean?

my seat moves fine with the seat belt attached.

what I don't like is the seat doesn't move back when exiting. I have memory #3 set as the seat full back and steering full up and in so I can swing my legs out of the car. Sucks I have to press the #3 button every time I exit the car though.
When you enter the car (GX, LS, etc) and attach the seat belt, the seat moves forward to your driving memory position, assuming you have done that. When the seat belt is detached for exiting, the seat moves back. Both seat movements are automatic, including the steering wheel. As I said in my post, since the RC F doesn't have that feature, I use the second memory seat button to move the seat back to make exit easier. Selecting a second memory seat position is easier than holding the seat button to move it back for exit.
Old 03-07-16, 04:04 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400jon
When you enter the car (GX, LS, etc) and attach the seat belt, the seat moves forward to your driving memory position, assuming you have done that. When the seat belt is detached for exiting, the seat moves back. Both seat movements are automatic, including the steering wheel. As I said in my post, since the RC F doesn't have that feature, I use the second memory seat button to move the seat back to make exit easier. Selecting a second memory seat position is easier than holding the seat button to move it back for exit.

ah ok I get it.

I have my memory seat linked to my key, it moves into position automatically after I start the car.

but to exit I use memory button #3