Flowmaster on RC F

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-16, 08:18 AM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster on RC F

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone done or know anyone who has installed flowmasters on the RCF? Curious to the sound when comparing to the more traditional applications for our cars.

I'll be swinging by the local muffler shop Saturday morning and my plan was to remove the secondary cats and resonators, and add flowmaster 40 series with new bigger oval tips.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-16, 08:39 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

have a heart; you're making us look bad
Old 03-07-16, 09:00 AM
datrcftho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ecruz0884
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone done or know anyone who has installed flowmasters on the RCF? Curious to the sound when comparing to the more traditional applications for our cars.

I'll be swinging by the local muffler shop Saturday morning and my plan was to remove the secondary cats and resonators, and add flowmaster 40 series with new bigger oval tips.

Thanks!
If you get it done, I would love to hear it. Let me know if you can get a sound clip/ video of it. I was having the same thoughts and going custom from a local shop. As you mentioned, delete the secondary cats and resonators and I was deciding between muffler delete, borla's, but haven't thought about flowmaster. I think with an engine like this it might not be a bad idea going American!
Old 03-07-16, 11:25 AM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by datrcftho
If you get it done, I would love to hear it. Let me know if you can get a sound clip/ video of it. I was having the same thoughts and going custom from a local shop. As you mentioned, delete the secondary cats and resonators and I was deciding between muffler delete, borla's, but haven't thought about flowmaster. I think with an engine like this it might not be a bad idea going American!
I'll let you know what they say. I was planning on going this past weekend but got tied up.
Old 03-07-16, 06:10 PM
canadalexus
Rookie

I can't wait to hear it, should do good things to the V8
Old 03-07-16, 06:17 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I had Flowmaster super 44 series on my Camaro and my 300c SRT. Love the sound. Just be aware there will be drone.
Old 03-07-16, 06:56 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I was thinking of doing the same, yet I'd base my build off the RR Racing Bazooka system ( for isf ). Essentially it's a borla system with increased pipe size and a resonated center section ( high flow - for no drone ) then the back end would be a muffler delete into 4" dual tips

Please make videos and let us know which way produces drone. RCF500 has headers and the GT exhaust and claims you can't hear a passenger at WOT. Clearly, I want loud but I can't do the drone ordeal and headers are making me think I should just gut primary cats since the noise is so prominent

Awaiting your video. I still have a week or so til vendors respond. I hear ISS just dropped a new system for the RCF and im awaiting pricing ( as this is an option too)

You thinking H pipe or X pipe ?
Old 03-08-16, 07:51 AM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JB5674
I was thinking of doing the same, yet I'd base my build off the RR Racing Bazooka system ( for isf ). Essentially it's a borla system with increased pipe size and a resonated center section ( high flow - for no drone ) then the back end would be a muffler delete into 4" dual tips

Please make videos and let us know which way produces drone. RCF500 has headers and the GT exhaust and claims you can't hear a passenger at WOT. Clearly, I want loud but I can't do the drone ordeal and headers are making me think I should just gut primary cats since the noise is so prominent

Awaiting your video. I still have a week or so til vendors respond. I hear ISS just dropped a new system for the RCF and im awaiting pricing ( as this is an option too)

You thinking H pipe or X pipe ?

I was thinking H pipe. I've had stangs all my life with flowmasters, I don't mind the drone, just want that deep low tone. I'll let you guys know what the shop says Saturday.
Old 03-14-16, 11:12 AM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

So I past by Miami mufflers to get an idea of what to do for a custom exhaust. First off let me start by saying everyone there said no Flowmasters.

(I guess the thought of an American sounding car on a Jap car isn't to their liking. Too bad, I'm paying for it, not their call. I personally like the flowmaster sound )

So long story short, I got the second cats taken off and left the resonators. This weekend coming up though, I am getting from the resonators back custom pipes (equal to the size of the pipe from the headers back to the resonator) with the 10 series flowmasters and larger oval tips. If by any chance the tone sounds like crap then I will take off the flowmasters and not have any mufflers instead. But if it sounds good than I might consider taking off the resonators in order for it to be louder.

In any case, I'll make sure to upload a video. Total price for taking off the 2nd cats and doing the custom work is $670. If I end up taking off the resonators it will jump up to $800. Not bad at all I think.

Keep you guys posted.
Old 03-31-16, 01:41 PM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

So I past by Miami mufflers to get an idea of what to do for a custom exhaust. First off let me start by saying everyone there said no Flowmasters.

(I guess the thought of an American sounding car on a Jap car isn't to their liking. Too bad, I'm paying for it, not their call. I personally like the flowmaster sound )

So long story short, I got the second cats taken off and left the resonators. This weekend coming up though, I am getting from the resonators back custom pipes (equal to the size of the pipe from the headers back to the resonator) with the 10 series flowmasters and larger oval tips. If by any chance the tone sounds like crap then I will take off the flowmasters and not have any mufflers instead. But if it sounds good than I might consider taking off the resonators in order for it to be louder.

In any case, I'll make sure to upload a video. Total price for taking off the 2nd cats and doing the custom work is $670. If I end up taking off the resonators it will jump up to $800. Not bad at all I think.

Keep you guys posted.

Finally added the flowmasters, re-did the piping after the resonators and took off the 2 set of CATS. Sounds mean, especially at low RPMs. After 4k RPMs its not as loud as I thought it would be which isn't too bad considering a have a 3 month old baby. I'll probably take the resonators off or buy hi flow ones in the near future. I'll post pics and video when I can. The shop only charged me 670. That included the mufflers, new piping, tips and taking the CATS off. I don't think it was too bad at all.

Next up, TC and flashed ECU!
Old 03-31-16, 02:43 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Finally added the flowmasters, re-did the piping after the resonators and took off the 2 set of CATS. Sounds mean, especially at low RPMs. After 4k RPMs its not as loud as I thought it would be which isn't too bad considering a have a 3 month old baby. I'll probably take the resonators off or buy hi flow ones in the near future. I'll post pics and video when I can. The shop only charged me 670. That included the mufflers, new piping, tips and taking the CATS off. I don't think it was too bad at all.

Next up, TC and flashed ECU!
I wasn't aware the ECU could be flashed on the RCF, I thought it was encrypted.
Old 03-31-16, 05:15 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
I wasn't aware the ECU could be flashed on the RCF, I thought it was encrypted.
Correct. The ECU has not been cracked yet, on the ISF, it's a different story.
Old 03-31-16, 05:21 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

need to hear an H pipe on the RCF. H pipes will have the deeper muscle car sound
Old 03-31-16, 05:42 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
need to hear an H pipe on the RCF. H pipes will have the deeper muscle car sound
Look at rmsimmonsj build thread, he has a video of the apexi exhaust system, which has a H mid pipe with PPE headers.
Old 04-01-16, 01:43 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Look at rmsimmonsj build thread, he has a video of the apexi exhaust system, which has a H mid pipe with PPE headers.
Or Meraki Autoworks recording his car. :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Flowmaster on RC F