RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Thinking about purchasing an RC F.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-16, 04:30 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonrcf
True... I must admit that this is a very fine automobile. I had a BMW M5 before my Mazda. It is the worst car I have ever owned, and spent more days in the shop than the time that I owned it (only 6 months). It burnt a hole in my wallet, new hydraulic unit, brakes, rotors, clutch position sensor, thermostat, battery cable, and many more. $15K in repairs the six months that I owned it and it was beginning to have engine problems when I sold it. It only had 70K miles, and the engine needed new rod bearings.
I had an M3 with similar experience. Catalytic converters, head gasket, transmission, coil wires, electronic nightmare and had to replace PSM and communication boxes, battery and alternator replaced, right rear tail light out up 80% of the time owned,window regulator and that's all I can think of 2 years later.

The quality differences between my old BMW and my RCF are staggering. I have said many times that was my first and last BMW, but man I really like that M6 Gran Coupe.
Old 03-11-16, 06:37 AM
Styx250sx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdu
I'm in northern VA. I got a $74k brand new RC F for a ~$57.5k plus tax and fees. Just over $60k overall. I dealt with Lexus or Rockivlle. PM if you want more info.
What did car max end up giving you for yours?
Old 03-11-16, 05:57 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of interest rates are you guys getting if you financed? One dealer told me I was approved for 4.5% at 72 mo, another said I should get around 3.3% but we haven't applied yet. The dealer who said 4.5% told me that all Lexus use the same banks and have the same rates. One dealer is in VA and the other MD.
Old 03-11-16, 06:08 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

What kind of interest rates are you guys getting if you financed? One dealer told me I was approved for 4.5% at 72 mo, another said I should get around 3.3% but we haven't applied yet. The dealer who said 4.5% told me that all Lexus use the same banks and have the same rates. One dealer is in VA and the other MD.
It's very simple math. If a dealer offer too good of a deal, they will make it up on the back end-higher interest rate. Most likely with early payoff penalty. Either that or they negotiate an add on item such as paint or wheel/tire protection to recoup some money. Many deals aren't Apple to Apple comparison unless it's cash purchase for the vehicle only, and you still have to consider your state tax rate for otd comparison sake.
Old 03-11-16, 06:16 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
It's very simple math. If a dealer offer too good of a deal, they will make it up on the back end-higher interest rate. Most likely with early payoff penalty. Either that or they negotiate an add on item such as paint or wheel/tire protection to recoup some money. Many deals aren't Apple to Apple comparison unless it's cash purchase for the vehicle only, and you still have to consider your state tax rate for otd comparison sake.
The MD dealer is offering it at a discount of $14k, while the other is offering it at a max discount of $12k. The lower rate is at the $14k discounted dealership...
Old 03-11-16, 06:25 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

The MD dealer is offering it at a discount of $14k, while the other is offering it at a max discount of $12k. The lower rate is at the $14k discounted dealership...
Same car, same options, same built date, same amount of time sitting on the lot? I doubt it
Old 03-11-16, 06:37 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Same car, same options, same built date, same amount of time sitting on the lot? I doubt it
So, what are you saying then?

If the rates are the same at both dealers, the payment is only a $25/m difference.

So...

Platinum Silved

Or

White?

The white is slightly more than the platinum silver.
Old 03-11-16, 06:59 PM
kdu
Rookie

We got under 2% for 60 months at our dealer. However... this is completely dependent on your credit, etc. The VA dealer was only able to offer Lexus financing which was fixed at 3.9% for everyone. The MD dealer was able to shop it around and get the best rates for us. We also went to our bank and got a loan pre-approved at ~2.10% before even starting the process at the dealer. I can't tell you what your rate will be, but I can tell you that there are still good deals to be had.
Old 03-11-16, 07:52 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Originally Posted by kdu
We got under 2% for 60 months at our dealer. However... this is completely dependent on your credit, etc. The VA dealer was only able to offer Lexus financing which was fixed at 3.9% for everyone. The MD dealer was able to shop it around and get the best rates for us. We also went to our bank and got a loan pre-approved at ~2.10% before even starting the process at the dealer. I can't tell you what your rate will be, but I can tell you that there are still good deals to be had.
Great, my score is in the upper 700s.
Old 03-12-16, 01:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

The interest rate depends a lot on your credit, # of months, how much down, and etc.

When we got our 2013 LX570 brand new we were pre-approved at a local credit union for 0.9% for 60 months. When we told the Lexus dealer of this, the manager said he can match it. So we end up with 0.9% no money down for 60 months. We also made sure there is no prepayment penalty. At this rate, why pay off early? It's almost like free money!! Well, almost.

Ask around, especially the credit unions. Many of which you can join. Given your excellent credit rating, you can do very well.

Also, when you are signing the papers at the dealer, decline everything that is optional. Unless you really need and want that optional extended warranty or whatever, this is where the dealer makes big money on you. You had worked hard at arriving on this great deal on the RC-F, don't let your guards down!!!

Great, my score is in the upper 700s.
Old 03-12-16, 04:30 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Just got home with my new RC F. She is a beauty! The exterior is Liquid Platinum and interior Black. I got an amazing deal at Lexus of Rockville. I got their last (2015) though.
Old 03-12-16, 04:40 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Just got home with my new RC F. She is a beauty! The exterior is Liquid Platinum and interior Black. I got an amazing deal at Lexus of Rockville. I got their last (2015) though.
Care to share the amazing deal?
Old 03-12-16, 04:48 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

I won't give any specifics (they asked me not to share), but what people are saying on the forum is true (if you go to the right dealership). The one in Chantilly was willing to do $12.6K and not a penny more, I got more than that in Rockville, to the point where I walked out of the financing office in Chantilly and went to Rockville and bought it instead. I was all ready to buy the one in Chantilly. I'm glad things worked out the way they did, because I like the platinum better.
Old 03-12-16, 04:54 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I won't give any specifics (they asked me not to share), but what people are saying on the forum is true (if you go to the right dealership). The one in Chantilly was willing to do $12.6K and not a penny more, I got more than that in Rockville, to the point where I walked out of the financing office in Chantilly and went to Rockville and bought it instead. I was all ready to buy the one in Chantilly. I'm glad things worked out the way they did, because I like the platinum better.
What?? What kind of sorried reason is that? You came on this forum to seek the best pricing and elementary financing questions but you wouldn't share the deal so the next person can benefit?! GTFO
Old 03-12-16, 05:01 PM
kdu
Rookie

Congrats! Did you deal with Mr. Britt?

Quick Reply: Thinking about purchasing an RC F.