RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Touch up paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-16, 03:54 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch up paint?

I am scheduled to have a clear bra put on Monday. He said he could use touch up paint to fix a scratch. Also, I noticed that the undercarriage is scraped, the bottom right side of the front bumper and the bottom left side of the side skirt (when looking towards the car). At first, I thought that maybe I had done something, but I would know if I had (for something like this, a big hit!). There are multiple scrapes and in different areas... so this was likely already there. I bought the car with 66 miles on it, so certainly something may have happened before I purchased it. Unfortunately, we did not look under the car (never have in the past for my previous cars, no problems).

Considered touch up paint for the scrapes, but probably best bet is to go to an auto body shop. Not sure if the dealership will fix this since I have had the car for a week now.

Edit: Went to an auto body shop today and they said that the damage probably occurred driving it up onto a curb... that definitely explains why the damage / hit looks so bad. It literally dug into the rocker.

Last edited by brandonrcf; 03-21-16 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-19-16, 04:33 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonrcf
Scraped my RC F entering a parking lot...
I am scheduled to have a clear bra put on Monday. He said he could use touch up paint to fix it. Can I get this from the dealership?
Yes you can get touch up paint from the dealer but this is larger than
what touch up paint meant for or at least much larger than what I would try to touch up. I would cancel the Monday ppf appointment and find some one that can fix this for you so it will be a nice smooth surface for the film to be put over. The paint will need some time to cure as well. At least 5 days or more to cue.
Find someone like this link shows. Some will come to your house and do the work.
http://autoartistpaintrepair.com/
Old 03-19-16, 06:11 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Originally Posted by rjmalm
Yes you can get touch up paint from the dealer but this is larger than
what touch up paint meant for or at least much larger than what I would try to touch up. I would cancel the Monday ppf appointment and find some one that can fix this for you so it will be a nice smooth surface for the film to be put over. The paint will need some time to cure as well. At least 5 days or more to cue.
Find someone like this link shows. Some will come to your house and do the work.
http://autoartistpaintrepair.com/
Agreed. I am actually going to look at an auto body shop.

Last edited by brandonrcf; 03-20-16 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-19-16, 07:25 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

And what about replacing the undercarriage that is scraped? I know only the mechanics will see this, but it bothers me.