RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus is learning about supply and demand...but GSF :/

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 10:23 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
life is short. any car will depreciate off the lot. that Macan is not immune either, prob depreciate 20% you trade it in right after buying
Life is short, but depreciation on the RCF is wayyy to large. There might be some bias since the person was trading in for an in demand Macan. But still the depreciation is ridick.
Old 04-05-16, 11:14 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Life is short, but depreciation on the RCF is wayyy to large. There might be some bias since the person was trading in for an in demand Macan. But still the depreciation is ridick.
earlier you were referring to pulling the trigger on a 2015, but afraid of the depreciation. I picked mine up 1.5 month ago for 59.5k before taxes and even if I trade it in right now with 1400 miles I would get around 55k (based on prices owners that traded in on this forum). losing that much is expected on a new car after titling.

i assume you will never own a hypersport or 6 figure luxury car in your life...cause losing 30-40k driving off the lot will make you lose sleep lol
Old 04-05-16, 11:41 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

earlier you were referring to pulling the trigger on a 2015, but afraid of the depreciation. I picked mine up 1.5 month ago for 59.5k before taxes and even if I trade it in right now with 1400 miles I would get around 55k (based on prices owners that traded in on this forum). losing that much is expected on a new car after titling.

i assume you will never own a hypersport or 6 figure luxury car in your life...cause losing 30-40k driving off the lot will make you lose sleep lol
$55K on your car is a dream. If you get a dealer to offer you that, I`d run to get a lottery ticket asap, as you just disapproved Lightening never strikes twice. RCF are selling at auction for those prices, so I would not assume that any dealer would pay the same or more for what they already have access to. Expect more like 5-10% less on that. My post isnt to judge the RCF. Its a great GT car, and with Lexus reliability it will be probably be a worth more and in aging better when similar class vehicles are becoming worth peanuts and disintegrating. Again I congratulate you on dodging the initial bullet some owners have had, but lets not overinflate resale values.
Old 04-05-16, 12:03 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$55K on your car is a dream. If you get a dealer to offer you that, I`d run to get a lottery ticket asap, as you just disapproved Lightening never strikes twice. RCF are selling at auction for those prices, so I would not assume that any dealer would pay the same or more for what they already have access to. Expect more like 5-10% less on that. My post isnt to judge the RCF. Its a great GT car, and with Lexus reliability it will be probably be a worth more and in aging better when similar class vehicles are becoming worth peanuts and disintegrating. Again I congratulate you on dodging the initial bullet some owners have had, but lets not overinflate resale values.
I just asked the dealer to appraise my 2015 RC F with 800 miles and they came back with $55K on a trade-in.
Old 04-05-16, 12:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brandonrcf
I just asked the dealer to appraise my 2015 RC F with 800 miles and they came back with $55K on a trade-in.
@coolsaber

there you go. and thats before haggling. expect grand or two more depends what type of vehicle and how desperate the dealer is to deal.
Old 04-05-16, 12:29 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Congrats, hopefully they`re not making any backend profits on the car your trading it for. BTW is with TVD or not?
Old 04-05-16, 12:37 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Congrats, hopefully they`re not making any backend profits on the car your trading it for. BTW is with TVD or not?
I'm having problems with the car, so working with the dealership to try and get into something different.

Last edited by brandonrcf; 04-05-16 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 12:58 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I'm having problems with the car, so working with the dealership to try and get into something different.
Read the pre-edit and now so gonna keep my response on the new edit.
See that makes more sense. Your now a potentially dissatisfied customer, so its in their best interests to go to appease you on that end for their whatever reason.

@ssmoked. Also werent you the same person who posted that CarMax was selling used RCFs for high 50s, but buying them for low low 50s?
Old 04-05-16, 01:34 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Read the pre-edit and now so gonna keep my response on the new edit.
See that makes more sense. Your now a potentially dissatisfied customer, so its in their best interests to go to appease you on that end for their whatever reason.

@ssmoked. Also werent you the same person who posted that CarMax was selling used RCFs for high 50s, but buying them for low low 50s?
@brandonrcf

what problems are those? mechanical problems or...

@coolsaber
yes I did. those rcf also had close to 10k miles on it or more. of course my trade-in worth couple grand more....thats simple math. btw im planning to drive the rcf for at least 4 years, so i care less the short term depreciation.

i love how you went back and picked out my post weeks ago and failed to read or disregarded many member trading in their rcf and received around 55k

at the end of the day are you just trolling and cant afford the rcf price? if you are so worried about 2 grand difference, maybe you should look at used IS250. i don't think they will depreciate anymore. honestly, most buyer (current or when the rcf came out) can afford the car full sticker price and won't lose sleep over the depreciation.
Old 04-05-16, 02:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

@brandonrcf

what problems are those? mechanical problems or...

@coolsaber
yes I did. those rcf also had close to 10k miles on it or more. of course my trade-in worth couple grand more....thats simple math. btw im planning to drive the rcf for at least 4 years, so i care less the short term depreciation.

i love how you went back and picked out my post weeks ago and failed to read or disregarded many member trading in their rcf and received around 55k

at the end of the day are you just trolling and cant afford the rcf price? if you are so worried about 2 grand difference, maybe you should look at used IS250. i don't think they will depreciate anymore. honestly, most buyer (current or when the rcf came out) can afford the car full sticker price and won't lose sleep over the depreciation.
Aww I see i struck a nerve there. Let me show you how big boys handle constructive criticism tastefully

Before anything, let me address my "trolling". Yes I was concerned about RCF values a couple of months ago. Unlike some I like to make sure not to repeat mistakes that are avoidable, ala extreme market devaluation. And being familiar with your posts on the RCF price thread, I know you are too. Heck I remember when you started badgering people to post their deal information, dealer information that would have been helpful for your own negotiations for your current $59K molten RCF. Plus on top of that, this thread plus this same thread in the GSF (More unsold GSF than RCF on cars.com) forum and I dont know, is someone worried about the RCF devaluation at night? I`m guessing we forget really easily.

In addition 2 data points on RCF does not dictate the market in general. One has to consider what are the individual circumstances. The poster above mentioned he had some issues with this car that he was trying to fix with the dealer which is something to consider.

Here are the facts of the matter. No one in their right mind has a magic 8 ball to figure out what the pricing on a specific car is going for. So with that being said as a potential owner of an RCF this is what I did, and I encourage all those in the market to do the same. The reason I say this is theirs a ton of misinformation out there, and seeing how volatile the market for the RCF is, it something to consider when purchasing used or new, since a new car may be the same or not too much from a used or certified.

1) Current Pricing on Manheim. I dont have to remind anyone how a fellow poster posted current manheim auction prices. Thats the going rate at auction pegging these vehicles with 2-10K miles for mid to high 50s. So with that being said, should we consider a vehicle with 1-2K miles higher then that? Not according to auction data.
2) Used Pricing on nationwide market via Autotrader and Cars.com etc site. 2k miles for $59K with TVD
3) Trade in Values from websites, where a 1000 miles vehicle without the TVD is going for $53k while a 10K vehicle is going for $48-49k in clean condition. Adjust $500-1k for outstanding (very few dealers will peg any car at the condition)

Again I`m happy to be called a troll all day, but at least try harder to get your facts straights before your attemp

Last edited by coolsaber; 04-05-16 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 02:35 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

Aww I see i struck a nerve there. Let me show you how big boys handle constructive criticism tastefully

Before anything, let me address my "trolling". Yes I was concerned about RCF values a couple of months ago. Unlike some I like to make sure not to repeat mistakes that are avoidable, ala extreme market devaluation. And being familiar with your posts on the RCF price thread, I know you are too. Heck I remember when you started badgering people to post their deal information, dealer information that would have been helpful for your own negotiations for your current $59K molten RCF. Plus on top of that, this thread plus this same thread in the GSF (More unsold GSF than RCF on cars.com) forum and I dont know, is someone worried about the RCF devaluation at night? I`m guessing we forget really easily.

In addition 2 data points on RCF does not dictate the market in general. One has to consider what are the individual circumstances. The poster above mentioned he had some issues with this car that he was trying to fix with the dealer which is something to consider.

Here are the facts of the matter. No one in their right mind has a magic 8 ball to figure out what the pricing on a specific car is going for. So with that being said as a potential owner of an RCF this is what I did, and I encourage all those in the market to do the same. The reason I say this is theirs a ton of misinformation out there, and seeing how volatile the market for the RCF is, it something to consider when purchasing used or new, since a new car may be the same or not too much from a used or certified.

1) Current Pricing on Manheim. I dont have to remind anyone how a fellow poster posted current manheim auction prices. Thats the going rate at auction pegging these vehicles with 2-10K miles for mid to high 50s. So with that being said, should we consider a vehicle with 1-2K miles higher then that? Not according to auction data.
2) Used Pricing on nationwide market via Autotrader and Cars.com etc site. 2k miles for $59K with TVD
3) Trade in Values, where a 1000 miles vehicle without the TVD is going for $53k while a 10K vehicle is going for $48-49k in clean condition. Adjust $500-1k for outstanding (very few dealers will peg any car at the condition)

Again I`m happy to be called a troll all day, but at least try harder to get your facts straights before your attemp
How would I know whether or not mine has the TVD? I'm going to venture to say mine does not, since I do not know about it.
Old 04-05-16, 02:39 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

How would I know whether or not mine has the TVD? I'm going to venture to say mine does not, since I do not know about it.
TVD=torque vectoring differential

Look for a button below the silver mode select that says TVD. If you do, then you know you have it. If not you dont.
Old 04-05-16, 02:46 PM
brandonrcf
Rookie

TVD=torque vectoring differential

Look for a button below the silver mode select that says TVD. If you do, then you know you have it. If not you dont.
Whelp, I guess I won't know for another 2-3 weeks. I haven't seen my car for over a week now. I hope to never see it again at this point.
Old 04-05-16, 04:59 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

3) Trade in Values from websites, where a 1000 miles vehicle without the TVD is going for $53k while a 10K vehicle is going for $48-49k in clean condition. Adjust $500-1k for outstanding (very few dealers will peg any car at the condition)

Hit a nerve? Definately not. I just drove in my brand new rcf and now the beauty is parked in my garage. I think I hit a nerve by saying you should look for a much cheaper car instead
Seems like you are drooling over the rcf and spends countless hours reading up my posts, thank you. Yes I did make the posts AFTER i purchased my rc, so no I did not benefit from it. Actually I made the posts to help buyer like you to score the best deals possible. I know at least 3 buyers benefited significantly by using my purchase numbers to negotiate. So you need to get your facts straight "big boy". Also who buy new cars by its trade-in and auction values? I think you need to reevaluate your "big boy" valuation tactics. There is a reason why used cars cost less than new cars.
Again I can care less how much my car depreciates right now, I like what I drive, plan to keep it for a few years and not desperate to sell to someone like you.
What I don't get is why are you on here keep on hammering the fact that rcf's are depreciating. What's your goal? To cause panic so more owners will sell to the point you can actually afford one? -aka trolling or dreamer? You pick

Last edited by ssmoked; 04-05-16 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 06:16 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Hit a nerve? Definately not. I just drove in my brand new rcf and now the beauty is parked in my garage. I think I hit a nerve by saying you should look for a much cheaper car instead
Seems like you are drooling over the rcf and spends countless hours reading up my posts, thank you. Yes I did make the posts AFTER i purchased my rc, so no I did not benefit from it. Actually I made the posts to help buyer like you to score the best deals possible. I know at least 3 buyers benefited significantly by using my purchase numbers to negotiate. So you need to get your facts straight "big boy". Also who buy new cars by its trade-in and auction values? I think you need to reevaluate your "big boy" valuation tactics. There is a reason why used cars cost less than new cars.
Again I can care less how much my car depreciates right now, I like what I drive, plan to keep it for a few years and not desperate to sell to someone like you.
What I don't get is why are you on here keep on hammering the fact that rcf's are depreciating. What's your goal? To cause panic so more owners will sell to the point you can actually afford one? -aka trolling or dreamer? You pick
First off repeating words from my post did make me laugh thanks.

Anyways, before you decide to post some more irrelevant responses, I`d like to point out that the original purpose of my post was to a fellow poster, in clarifying the fact that expecting $50k on a vehicle with 24k miles is overestimating based on current value trade in values. Now if you felt that was incorrect you could have typed that out supported with data points. Instead of addressing the issue at hand, you went off the deep end talk about how I was trolling, you mentioned how your car's value is $55k, based on maybe 2 appraisals. (one of whom is dealing with a car that was substandard in quality at delivery). When you have more then childish remarks and statistically irrelevant appraisals, please do try again.

Until then, I guess keep on posting more "deal threads" with worrying titles about the overabundance of GSFs nationwide

Quick Reply: Lexus is learning about supply and demand...but GSF :/