RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus is learning about supply and demand...but GSF :/

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 09:56 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
First off repeating words from my post did make me laugh thanks.

Anyways, before you decide to post some more irrelevant responses, I`d like to point out that the original purpose of my post was to a fellow poster, in clarifying the fact that expecting $50k on a vehicle with 24k miles is overestimating based on current value trade in values. Now if you felt that was incorrect you could have typed that out supported with data points. Instead of addressing the issue at hand, you went off the deep end talk about how I was trolling, you mentioned how your car's value is $55k, based on maybe 2 appraisals. (one of whom is dealing with a car that was substandard in quality at delivery). When you have more then childish remarks and statistically irrelevant appraisals, please do try again.

Until then, I guess keep on posting more "deal threads" with worrying titles about the overabundance of GSFs nationwide
What a troll. Are you even in position or interested to purchase a RCF? Why even worried and input your irrelevant comments about depreciation and auction prices about it? I see from your past posts since you joined clublexus that you bounce from LX, GX, RX, IS, ES, RC, NX, GS sections on a daily bases and currently driving a Camry. Do you spend all day on this site as a full time job just to post your opinions for every model?? Over 650 posts since Nov. 2015, that's dedication!! Dreamers...sigh

Ok I'm done, let me know when you finally purchase a Lexus then I will take your comments seriously

Last edited by ssmoked; 04-05-16 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-06-16, 02:37 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Life is too short, just go BUY IT!!! IT=Whatever one can reasonably afford without breaking the piggy bank.

BUY IT and ENJOY THE RIDE

Was talking to a porsche sales rep the other day, and a trade in RCF for macan, was $49k non carbon perf, with 7500 miles.This what was holding me back ,when I had the chance to pick up a F with a huge discount
Old 04-06-16, 05:59 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I guess I am one of those people that is irresponsible with their money because I don't really worry about the depreciation factor when buying a vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I am totally aware that I am going to take a hit as soon as I drive it off the lot, but I have never obsessed about it or let it sway my buying decision.

If I wanted an RC F, or any other vehicle and feel that I am getting a good deal, I am not going to worry about what the value of that vehicle will be years down the road when and if I decide to sell it.
Old 04-06-16, 06:00 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
What a troll. Are you even in position or interested to purchase a RCF? Why even worried and input your irrelevant comments about depreciation and auction prices about it? I see from your past posts since you joined clublexus that you bounce from LX, GX, RX, IS, ES, RC, NX, GS sections on a daily bases and currently driving a Camry. Do you spend all day on this site as a full time job just to post your opinions for every model?? Over 650 posts since Nov. 2015, that's dedication!! Dreamers...sigh

Ok I'm done, let me know when you finally purchase a Lexus then I will take your comments seriously
More misinformation, redirections, deep end stuff. No actual data to support your $55k appraisal 1k or the original poster's $50K for 24K miles.

I guess when you dont have anything to say, you result to spewing anything to make a case.

Congrats

Anyways continue as usual folks, before the Mods lock this thread
Old 04-06-16, 06:38 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

For whatever it's worth, I was offered, and received, $60k for my trade. 4500 miles, non-carbon.

Coolsaber - did you buy my trade that you were so desperately interested in, or are you still kicking tires?
Old 04-06-16, 06:44 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CodyJames
For whatever it's worth, I was offered, and received, $60k for my trade. 4500 miles, non-carbon.

Coolsaber - did you buy my trade that you were so desperately interested in, or are you still kicking tires?
Thanks for the lead, but I was looking at nearly 62K+ without delivery. with 4k. When new ones were going for $58-59K. Again your car was a looker though.
Old 04-06-16, 08:19 AM
kdu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got some data for you. I took my RC F to Carmax this weekend. I've had the car for 1 month, it has 1k miles on it. MSRP at around ~$74k. My offer from Carmax good for 7 days was $56k. Anyone want to buy my RC F? lol

Trades... any deal with a trade-in is like a black box. No one but the dealer will really know how the cost allocation worked. Can't be used as a precise data point, only to ballpark.
Old 04-06-16, 08:22 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kdu
Well I got some data for you. I took my RC F to Carmax this weekend. I've had the car for 1 month, it has 1k miles on it. MSRP at around ~$74k. My offer from Carmax good for 7 days was $56k. Anyone want to buy my RC F? lol

Trades... any deal with a trade-in is like a black box. No one but the dealer will really know how the cost allocation worked. Can't be used as a precise data point, only to ballpark.
Thanks for the current appraisal data. Posts like this are much appreciated since they are supported by factual evidence
Old 04-06-16, 09:32 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks for the lead, but I was looking at nearly 62K+ without delivery. with 4k. When new ones were going for $58-59K. Again your car was a looker though.
If you find a new one for $58k, you should buy it. That's a ridiculous deal for this car.