RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 07:52 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been the same for me in the years that I've owned the ISF. Probably a good thing though.
Old 06-22-16, 11:04 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree with the surprised reaction from people regarding the engine. One guy even went as far as saying "you got a four under there?" He flipped when I said a V8 close to 500 horse.
You're a CAI, exhaust, and headers away from that 500 number
Old 06-22-16, 01:23 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was an M4 "on the run" on a winding country hill climb.

The V8 definitely had the advantage and offered the control on the high-speed cornering.

The M4 is at a disadvantage from the torque induced oversteer.

Speed: classified.
Old 06-22-16, 03:45 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I ran neck and neck with a C6 grand sport with a passenger. We did 4 runs. I just have an exhaust. He was quite surprised.
Old 07-09-16, 01:31 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

The closest I've had to a race was today. I had a Merc CLA250 riding behind me for about 10 miles on a 2-lane divided highway. I was travelling at 80 in a 70. They finally decided to pass me. When they got in front of me they slowed down. So I would change lanes to pass and they would speed back up. I bumped it up to 85. They sped up more. Sometimes they would slow down again, but if I changed lanes to pass they would speed up again... They simply did not want me to pass them. I guess they felt like they were winning a race if they stayed in front of me? LOL.

I felt like nailing it and letting them listen to my V8 as I rocketed past them, but I didn't.
Old 07-09-16, 08:22 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
The closest I've had to a race was today. I had a Merc CLA250 riding behind me for about 10 miles on a 2-lane divided highway. I was travelling at 80 in a 70. They finally decided to pass me. When they got in front of me they slowed down. So I would change lanes to pass and they would speed back up. I bumped it up to 85. They sped up more. Sometimes they would slow down again, but if I changed lanes to pass they would speed up again... They simply did not want me to pass them. I guess they felt like they were winning a race if they stayed in front of me? LOL.

I felt like nailing it and letting them listen to my V8 as I rocketed past them, but I didn't.
You would have walked that CLA250 on ECO mode..
Old 07-09-16, 08:27 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

before my dad traded his RCF for a GSF, he always had BMW's and Audi's race him at lights and he would tell me how disappointed the other drivers were when he won.
Old 07-09-16, 10:07 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
before my dad traded his RCF for a GSF, he always had BMW's and Audi's race him at lights and he would tell me how disappointed the other drivers were when he won.
WHAT, what did they do pull over at the next lite & talk about it & he traded in his RCF for a GSF for WHY
Old 07-10-16, 01:39 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
You would have walked that CLA250 on ECO mode..
I'll let them think they won a race. Then they can look like a fool if they ever try to brag about it.

It reminds me of a time when someone in a Civic with one of those loud mufflers was next to me on the highway (I had a 350Z then). Then I think they punched it because it sounded like the engine was about to hit the rev limiter, but they were barely pulling away from me at around 80. I thought to myself, "Are they racing me?" I really couldn't tell.
Old 07-10-16, 08:42 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
WHAT, what did they do pull over at the next lite & talk about it & he traded in his RCF for a GSF for WHY
no, he would just look in the rear view mirror and see their face in shock. well first since we live in NJ, he traded in his RC-F for an RC350 F-Sport AWD because of the snow here, and his RC-F was on of the first ones, and his had a transmission problem and he had a lag in the transmission when he would floor it, and when switching from certain gears. May rolls around, and he pulls in the driveway with a brand new GS-F which he thinks feels faster than his RC-F probably because of that transmission issue.
Old 07-13-16, 10:01 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
no, he would just look in the rear view mirror and see their face in shock. well first since we live in NJ, he traded in his RC-F for an RC350 F-Sport AWD because of the snow here, and his RC-F was on of the first ones, and his had a transmission problem and he had a lag in the transmission when he would floor it, and when switching from certain gears. May rolls around, and he pulls in the driveway with a brand new GS-F which he thinks feels faster than his RC-F probably because of that transmission issue.
Yeah that a known issue with the RC-F. I think its probably something that could be corrected by reprogramming the ECU, but doubt it would be transmission Issue.
Old 07-19-16, 11:23 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

I finally had a race tonight. Unfortunately I have no idea what type of car it was since it never got in front of me far enough for me to see the rear end and I couldn't tell from the side...

They were next to me on a two lane divided highway at a stop light. They got on it, so I got on it. I pulled about 1 car ahead of them by 80 and I started from about 20-30 in 2nd gear (they also got on it first).

I stayed steady at 80. They got next to me and got on it again. This time I let loose and hit speeds that are better left untold. It was the first time I hit those speeds in this car. I must say that I was a little surprised at how fast it got to those speeds and also at how far behind the other car was when I finally let off...

I now wonder just what the top speed on this car would be if it wasn't for the limiter? I'll certainly be interested if removing the limiter becomes an option in the future. The car was rock solid. The highway wasn't straight.
Old 07-20-16, 06:18 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I finally had a race tonight. Unfortunately I have no idea what type of car it was since it never got in front of me far enough for me to see the rear end and I couldn't tell from the side...

They were next to me on a two lane divided highway at a stop light. They got on it, so I got on it. I pulled about 1 car ahead of them by 80 and I started from about 20-30 in 2nd gear (they also got on it first).

I stayed steady at 80. They got next to me and got on it again. This time I let loose and hit speeds that are better left untold. It was the first time I hit those speeds in this car. I must say that I was a little surprised at how fast it got to those speeds and also at how far behind the other car was when I finally let off...

I now wonder just what the top speed on this car would be if it wasn't for the limiter? I'll certainly be interested if removing the limiter becomes an option in the future. The car was rock solid. The highway wasn't straight.
Good kill I would never race a V8 on highway or roll race 😊
Old 07-22-16, 01:30 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The limiter kicks in at 174mph ...
Old 07-22-16, 01:40 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
The limiter kicks in at 174mph ...
What's your point?

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race