RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-16, 12:54 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Haha I've had a few good runs in mine, maybe the fact that I drive aggressively, I'm young and have a meistershaft exhaust. So far I've taken out a 5.0 mustang, e92 m3, c6 vette, boss 302, and had a very close race with a gt350 (I was sideways then started reeling him in). I typically only go from a stop since this car launches hard due to the gearing, after I add some R888 it will be hard to beat.

The RCF is quick, however it's far from fast. I had my buddy drive the F while I was in my gt500, from 40-120ish my gt500 put about 7-8 lengths on the F. It was an instant pull, 0 chance for the F. However from a stop I would probably have to play catchup unless I was on my Mickey Thompson. So if you're going to run it a stoplight is your best bet, and keep traction on unless you're on a good tire.

Last edited by rfugio68; 12-25-16 at 12:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rfugio68:
finny76 (12-26-16), Lexura1414 (12-25-16)
Old 12-29-16, 06:01 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

had two different ferraris try to race me tonight and a camaro and a challenger , this is all within in a span of 2 hours.... all random people and me driving slow in the right lane lmao , had my mom in the car so i couldnt go. plus to many crazy drivers this time of year.
Old 12-29-16, 06:54 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree with the surprised reaction from people regarding the engine. One guy even went as far as saying "you got a four under there?" He flipped when I said a V8 close to 500 horse.
I think this reaction and unawareness may come from not being familiar with the brand, and if they are the least bit familiar, confusing it with an F-Sport. There are plenty of F-Sport models that have 4 cylinder engines. It would have almost made more sense IMO to pick different letters for F-Sport, which is just body work and suspension tuning and F, which actually adds some guts to the car. I know Cadillac has V and V-Sport, but I would consider them a paragon of success.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (02-06-17)
Old 01-27-17, 07:47 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

i finally lost to a z06 and to be fair his was supercharged..... w/e
Old 01-27-17, 01:38 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I came out of a Wally World and a couple was picking up their Infinity G35 4 door sedan at the car service area (idk which gen it was, but I think it was a prior gen, not the new G37) after an oil change. As I was walking to my RCF parked near the service area the wife said to the hubby, that looks like your car! I then asked which one he has. He said IS250. AND he asked me if mine was the new IS! I said NO!!! He then walked around my RCF and said it "looks a lot like my IS250". I was thinking, REALLY? Are you kidding me!!!?? I told him NO, it's not the NEW IS250 OR IS ANYTHING. It is a limited production RCF WITH A V8!! HE was confused and said to me "Is it like an F Sport?". Really, are you serious? I told him it's better than F Sport. It is the FULL "F" . It is a FULL "F" WITH V8!!! NOW the guy is totally confused!!!

I think Lexus did a poor job with its advertising department. Lexus should have just called the F Sport with just "Sport" and leave the "F" out. To distinguish the Sport from the FULL "F".

Originally Posted by dseag2
I think this reaction and unawareness may come from not being familiar with the brand, and if they are the least bit familiar, confusing it with an F-Sport. There are plenty of F-Sport models that have 4 cylinder engines. It would have almost made more sense IMO to pick different letters for F-Sport, which is just body work and suspension tuning and F, which actually adds some guts to the car. I know Cadillac has V and V-Sport, but I would consider them a paragon of success.
The following 3 users liked this post by lexusrus:
Deanrcf (01-27-17), finny76 (02-06-17), Kira X (05-05-17)
Old 01-27-17, 01:44 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I came out of a Wally World and a couple was picking up their Infinity G35 4 door sedan at the car service area (idk which gen it was, but I think it was a prior gen, not the new G37) after an oil change. As I was walking to my RCF parked near the service area the wife said to the hubby, that looks like your car! I then asked which one he has. He said IS250. AND he asked me if mine was the new IS! I said NO!!! He then walked around my RCF and said it "looks a lot like my IS250". I was thinking, REALLY? Are you kidding me!!!?? I told him NO, it's not the NEW IS250 OR IS ANYTHING. It is a limited production RCF WITH A V8!! HE was confused and said to me "Is it like an F Sport?". Really, are you serious? I told him it's better than F Sport. It is the FULL "F" . It is a FULL "F" WITH V8!!! NOW the guy is totally confused!!!

I think Lexus did a poor job with its advertising department. Lexus should have just called the F Sport with just "Sport" and leave the "F" out. To distinguish the Sport from the FULL "F".
Agreed I think the F Sport made it bad for actual F's. There are more F sports out and most people don't realize there's an actual F model
Old 01-27-17, 01:51 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

if someone asked me so many dumb questions in a row, id be like bro its the $80 thousand performance division Lexus 2 door with a v8. I guess you didnt see it at the dealership. but on that note so many people come up to me and ask what car im driving. its nice having a car people don't even know what it is.
Old 01-27-17, 04:06 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I think this is not as common if I were in SoCal with my RCF. Since I was in the middle of nowhere in MS this happens a lot. The Lexus dealer in Jackson MS really does not stock any RCF on its lot. There is an RCF the salesman drives around and that's it. I've only seen two other RCF's around. One of which belongs to a friend of mine.

When that guy kept asking me questions, I had told him it's a V8. But I guess it did not register with him. V8 means nothing to some people. Might as well be a V3!!!????

Incidentally when I'm cruising around in my other car, MB SLK55 AMG hardtop convertible (in the same vacinity), people think it is a McLaren:

https://goo.gl/images/wLaamX

LOL.

People who know cars know. One of my neighbor who drives a modded out Subaru WRX STI with the big wing, carbon fiber everywhere, and a loud exhaust (sounds more like a lawn mower to me) knows about the RCF. But the average Joe can careless. The LEOs near me knows only because they drove mine and was pleasantly surprised on how fast the RCF can go.

Originally Posted by shadow1118
if someone asked me so many dumb questions in a row, id be like bro its the $80 thousand performance division Lexus 2 door with a v8. I guess you didnt see it at the dealership. but on that note so many people come up to me and ask what car im driving. its nice having a car people don't even know what it is.

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-27-17 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 04:33 PM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The LEOs near me knows only because they drove mine and was pleasantly surprised on how fast the RCF can go.
Do you know them? (actually, dumb question). I mean I'm sure you do, can't imagine many cases where anyone let's a random person drive their car. Especially a sports car
Old 01-27-17, 05:01 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I think this is not as common if I were in SoCal with my RCF. Since I was in the middle of nowhere in MS this happens a lot. The Lexus dealer in Jackson MS really does not stock any RCF on its lot. There is an RCF the salesman drives around and that's it. I've only seen two other RCF's around. One of which belongs to a friend of mine.

When that guy kept asking me questions, I had told him it's a V8. But I guess it did not register with him. V8 means nothing to some people. Might as well be a V3!!!????

Incidentally when I'm cruising around in my other car, MB SLK55 AMG hardtop convertible (in the same vacinity), people think it is a McLaren:

https://goo.gl/images/wLaamX

LOL.

People who know cars know. One of my neighbor who drives a modded out Subaru WRX STI with the big wing, carbon fiber everywhere, and a loud exhaust (sounds more like a lawn mower to me) knows about the RCF. But the average Joe can careless. The LEOs near me knows only because they drove mine and was pleasantly surprised on how fast the RCF can go.
I DOUBT very seriously IF those Mississippians didn't know what a RCF/V8 was that they DAMN Sure Don't know what a McLaren is! Lol
Old 01-27-17, 10:17 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

That BIG oversized three pointed star is very noticeable. While the "L" , not so. Seriously some confuse the "L" with Kia's "K" which is written so to resemble the "L".

https://www.google.com/search?q=kia+...KNM%3A&xxri=11

Some even think I had modded the RCF and asked me where I got the body panels!!!!

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I DOUBT very seriously IF those Mississippians didn't know what a RCF/V8 was that they DAMN Sure Don't know what a McLaren is! Lol
Old 01-27-17, 10:22 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Not so. People might know the "RC". BUT NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK IS THE RCF.

TV and MOVIES show the McLaren all the time and people remember!!!!! While our RCF, NOT SO. Lexus needs to put the RCF in the spot light more often. Then again, if the RCF is well established and well known, then the price of a new RCF will skyrocket!! I'm Happy not too many people know the RCF!!!

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_365747-...aren-C199.html

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_269818-...aren-C199.html

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_194510-Mercedes-Benz-SLR-McLaren-C199.html

many more examples below:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-M...R+McLaren.html

The same search on our RC F ONLY RETURNED TWO EXAMPLES:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-L...odel-RC+F.html

Originally Posted by johnnyreb

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-27-17 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 10:32 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Not so random.

Originally Posted by Stormryu
Do you know them? (actually, dumb question). I mean I'm sure you do, can't imagine many cases where anyone let's a random person drive their car. Especially a sports car
Old 01-27-17, 11:02 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think that's why some of those Mustangs that get next to me intending to race back off when they hear my exhaust. They think it's the V6 RC.
Old 01-27-17, 11:06 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
i finally lost to a z06 and to be fair his was supercharged..... w/e
I hope you weren't expecting to win? The Z06 is in a different class. I considered one before I hopped into my RCF. Instead, I opted for more luxury and exclusivity. I still haven't lost a race though. But I also haven't went up against a Z06...

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race