RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 05:19 AM
kdu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

First, I honestly don't race on the street and this post isn't about street racing per se. Having said that, when I drove my 350Z and 335i guys used to pull up to me all the time. I definitely get looks with the RC F, but have yet to have anyone actually try to posture up. I'm in the NOVA/DC area and there are a ton high-end performance cars. It's not the attention that I want, but I'm still sort of puzzled. Is it that people don't know the car or I'm just not radiating that kind of vibe? Is it just not cool anymore?
Old 04-10-16, 05:45 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Mustangs Mustangs Mustangs.....no matter which car I would be driving, the Mustang drivers always want to race. Only car they never messed with was my GTR. We actually blew a stang last night coming back from a film festival. I hate Mustang drivers
The following 2 users liked this post by Carnevino:
Infrared (12-16-16), slper (05-05-19)
Old 04-10-16, 05:48 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Maybe people are afraid to get embarrassed, they don't want to loose to you!!😁

Same way when I cruise around in my MB SLK55AMG HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE.

Originally Posted by kdu
First, I honestly don't race on the street and this post isn't about street racing per se. Having said that, when I drove my 350Z and 335i guys used to pull up to me all the time. I definitely get looks with the RC F, but have yet to have anyone actually try to posture up. I'm in the NOVA/DC area and there are a ton high-end performance cars. It's not the attention that I want, but I'm still sort of puzzled. Is it that people don't know the car or I'm just not radiating that kind of vibe? Is it just not cool anymore?
Old 04-10-16, 04:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Maybe people are afraid to get embarrassed, they don't want to loose to you!!😁

Same way when I cruise around in my MB SLK55AMG HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE.
Tell you the truth i don't think that's it I find that most people don't even know what kind of car it is unless it's someone that knows every car on the road, but MOST people don't have a clue. The guys in our Viper club OR our Porsche club don't even recognize my RCF as anything serious when it comes REAL Sports cars they usually just kid with me & say it's PRETTY
Old 04-10-16, 07:29 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Whatever you do, just don't confuse an RC-F with a KIA OR HYUNDAI! !!Haha!!!

Some of the people I work with get confused with my other car (a CT200h) with a Mazda! !! Come on, they don't see that big As$ L emblem front and back? ?? To some people it makes no difference...

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Tell you the truth i don't think that's it I find that most people don't even know what kind of car it is unless it's someone that knows every car on the road, but MOST people don't have a clue. The guys in our Viper club OR our Porsche club don't even recognize my RCF as anything serious when it comes REAL Sports cars they usually just kid with me & say it's PRETTY
Old 04-10-16, 08:01 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Whatever you do, just don't confuse an RC-F with a KIA OR HYUNDAI! !!Haha!!!

Some of the people I work with get confused with my other car (a CT200h) with a Mazda! !! Come on, they don't see that big As$ L emblem front and back? ?? To some people it makes no difference...
The rcf does not look like a Hyundai or Kia in any shape or form who takes double glances at a Kia? ( I might have cute girl driving next to me) all joking aside, first week of ownership Mustang, no offense if that's what you like that's what you like! I ignored it and smiled totally different class of car in my opinion not looking for attention even though it probably pulls eyes & I'm not sure if he knew it's 470hp...

Last edited by MGB1120; 04-10-16 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-11-16, 05:36 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
Is your car 100% stock?

I get this same thing (I'm also in the DC/VA/MD area). Just like you, I don't provoke races at all, but I do drive my car and enjoy those sweeping turns. I also get looks, but it's very rare that someone tries to challenge me. One of the guys at work, who has an e92, said people try him, constantly, but commented that people probably don't try my car because it looks fast and they don't know what it is. Since most don't know how fast, they'd rather not risk it or it just wouldn't matter, since they wouldn't be able to say what they just beat/lost to. He also said if it is or looks modded (even so much as tinted windows) and it's making any non-obviously-factory sound, it's even less reason for anyone to try. Made enough sense, to me, and I'm totally fine with it.
Old 04-11-16, 05:37 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Mustangs Mustangs Mustangs.....no matter which car I would be driving, the Mustang drivers always want to race. Only car they never messed with was my GTR. We actually blew a stang last night coming back from a film festival. I hate Mustang drivers
^^^Same here, Mustangs love to rev their engines and in my experience love to speed from stop light to stop light. Even in traffic I have seen a few rev loud and speed up just to move up three or four car lengths to car in front of them. A few others that always want to race are Altimas, Hyundai Velosters, and SRT Jeeps (especially the older models).
Old 04-11-16, 09:40 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lets Drive
Is your car 100% stock?

I get this same thing (I'm also in the DC/VA/MD area). Just like you, I don't provoke races at all, but I do drive my car and enjoy those sweeping turns. I also get looks, but it's very rare that someone tries to challenge me. One of the guys at work, who has an e92, said people try him, constantly, but commented that people probably don't try my car because it looks fast and they don't know what it is. Since most don't know how fast, they'd rather not risk it or it just wouldn't matter, since they wouldn't be able to say what they just beat/lost to. He also said if it is or looks modded (even so much as tinted windows) and it's making any non-obviously-factory sound, it's even less reason for anyone to try. Made enough sense, to me, and I'm totally fine with it.
This exactly. My car is lowered, with spacers, and I have a relatively loud exhaust (Meisterschaft) and dark tints. I have had a few high powered cars try me (CTS-V Coupe, GTR, Supra, and a 5.0 Mustang GT) and a few other cars that just had no chance lol. I do get a lot of people that slow down or speed up just to try and see what kind of car it is and to video it .
Old 04-11-16, 10:48 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's probably a good thing, right?! I don't see the RCF standing much of a chance against similar performance vehicles. 0-100mph, standing or roll. ATS-V, M4, C63, etc. I'm pretty sure most non-car enthusiasts wouldn't even know what an RCF was anyway. lol
Old 04-11-16, 11:58 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
It's probably a good thing, right?! I don't see the RCF standing much of a chance against similar performance vehicles. 0-100mph, standing or roll. ATS-V, M4, C63, etc. I'm pretty sure most non-car enthusiasts wouldn't even know what an RCF was anyway. lol
I can tell you that I ran a C63 AMG at PBIR on a 1/4 mile from a 40 roll and won by almost a full car length (The Benz driver was very surprised). I've also run a CTS-V coupe (I was in Manual mode and shifted late from 3-4) and lost by 1/2 car length (I was very surprised lol). I've also beaten an M3 at the 1/8th mile at Homestead Speedway.

The RCF fares pretty well against these other cars and I feel it's pretty underrated on paper. Now keep in mind I have the A'pexi throttle controller and Meisterschaft Axle back exhaust. I don't think it makes a huge difference but I'm sure it at least helps a little bit.
Old 04-11-16, 12:52 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
I have had people try me multiple times. Not sure if they all knew what my car was, but they know now

Had a guy in a MB C class yelling out the window at me saying my car was sweet and asking how I liked it...he said he was looking at getting a new car and really liked mine.

Any car can have a monster under the hood...never assume
Old 04-11-16, 01:20 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't ran into an ATS-V, but ran multiple CTS-V coupe/sedan and pulled them all except one. I'm not referring to the new CTS-V obviously. Also pulled a ton of other cars, C63 AMG coupe/sedans, modded E92 M3's, modded N54 335is, nearly every SRT8 possible, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 E63 AMG, modded WRX STI(430whp), 2016 Camaro 1SS, stock M4, I/E 2012 IS F.

Cars that have pulled me: F80 M3 with a tune+ other mods, M4 with tune+other mods, 2013 Nissan GTR(much closer than expected), 2012 C63(tune,exhaust,other mods), CTS-V on spray(he confessed after the run), CLS63(closer than expected), 2015 C7 Z51 package(very close).

The RC F does very well from a roll. Most of the runs above are callouts at local meets, I'm usually minding my own business and people will approach me. The best part is when they're all excited to videotape what they expect is a kill against an RC F and it turns out the other way around.
The following users liked this post:
Infrared (12-16-16)
Old 04-11-16, 02:07 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I haven't ran into an ATS-V, but ran multiple CTS-V coupe/sedan and pulled them all except one. I'm not referring to the new CTS-V obviously. Also pulled a ton of other cars, C63 AMG coupe/sedans, modded E92 M3's, modded N54 335is, nearly every SRT8 possible, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 E63 AMG, modded WRX STI(430whp), 2016 Camaro 1SS, stock M4, I/E 2012 IS F.

Cars that have pulled me: F80 M3 with a tune+ other mods, M4 with tune+other mods, 2013 Nissan GTR(much closer than expected), 2012 C63(tune,exhaust,other mods), CTS-V on spray(he confessed after the run), CLS63(closer than expected), 2015 C7 Z51 package(very close).

The RC F does very well from a roll. Most of the runs above are callouts at local meets, I'm usually minding my own business and people will approach me. The best part is when they're all excited to videotape what they expect is a kill against an RC F and it turns out the other way around.
What mods do you have?
Old 04-11-16, 02:13 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
I have had people try me multiple times. Not sure if they all knew what my car was, but they know now

Had a guy in a MB C class yelling out the window at me saying my car was sweet and asking how I liked it...he said he was looking at getting a new car and really liked mine.

Any car can have a monster under the hood...never assume
As far as the Monster under the Hood thing, man is that ever True Kinda like some Restaurants i know of around here, they LOOK like a Hole in the wall, but man do they have some of the BEST food in the world

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race