RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Depreciation on RCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-16, 08:15 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Interestingly, what I'm starting to see in Canada is used '15 RC F prices have not dropped the last 6 months, stabilized at about 70-75K (Cdn) roughly 15-20K under new MSRP. I attribute this to the high rates and zero incentives on 2016s helping to increase resale value on the '15s.
Old 05-15-16, 11:30 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
One owner, clean carfax, 2400 miles, $52,000......or as you put it "beat to hell."

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=143239090
Buy it then or you can have mine when the LC 500 comes out, not going to wait 2-3 years for a car to drop 10-15k, I invest in the market not cars. You can always wait 10 years and get it for 12k that's 60k off MSRP!
Old 05-20-16, 06:43 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been looking at RCFs and it looks like you can get them in mid 50s all day every day
One owner, clean carfax, 2400 miles, $52,000......or as you put it "beat to hell."

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=143239090
I mean if the MSRP of the RCF is in the mid $60s, then that seems reasonable. Definitely not a fully loaded $80k.
Old 05-21-16, 12:40 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by equalme
I mean if the MSRP of the RCF is in the mid $60s, then that seems reasonable. Definitely not a fully loaded $80k.
I agree, the car is miserably overpriced. $80 gets you a CTV or Z06.

Better competition HP wise is the CTS Vsport hovering around the mid $60s. Both RCF and GSF were great additions, but poorly powered and priced.

If these cars were V8TT, they'd command the prices they're asking.....but 467hp? No way.

I'll be hunting in the $45k range or less next year, mark my words.
Old 05-21-16, 07:58 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better competition HP wise is the CTS Vsport hovering around the mid $60s. Both RCF and GSF were great additions, but poorly powered and priced.

If these cars were V8TT, they'd command the prices they're asking.....but 467hp? No way.

My 2011 CTS-V was in the shop for over 8 weeks in 14k miles of ownership. I will never buy another GM car.

I'll take a few less HP, but have a car I can actually enjoy.
Old 05-21-16, 08:29 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Miserably over priced? Huh? Are you kidding? Have you ever owned a cars like these or much higher priced sports cars?

Actually, in my opinion the RCF is a steal price wise based on my experience having owned several Italians, Lotus and just about every high-end itineration of 911s, a CGT and an M3.

Why is it so undervalued and under priced for what you get? Because it is a Lexus, many in this market are brand loyal and many in this market still don't know much about it. In fact, many in this price range are just fickle and won't buy Japense. I was that was for 20+ years until I saw the RCF.

It ain't about just hp unless you are fan boy high schooler whacking off to objective stats in your Car & Driver magazine.

You do realize how much hp a 911 or a 911 S has and how much they cost? Look what people are paying for 430s and the hp they have.

There is so much more than hp. The RCF looks great! It is very comfortable, very easy to drive and super reliable so far (26,000 miles with not even a hiccup). My wife drives mine a lot and loves it because she says its so comfortable and easy to drive.

I would not drive a Caddy or a Z06 if you gave it to me for free, okay perhaps I would potentially drive the Z06.
Old 05-21-16, 02:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Miserably over priced? Huh? Are you kidding? Have you ever owned a cars like these or much higher priced sports cars?

Actually, in my opinion the RCF is a steal price wise based on my experience having owned several Italians, Lotus and just about every high-end itineration of 911s, a CGT and an M3.

Why is it so undervalued and under priced for what you get? Because it is a Lexus, many in this market are brand loyal and many in this market still don't know much about it. In fact, many in this price range are just fickle and won't buy Japense. I was that was for 20+ years until I saw the RCF.

It ain't about just hp unless you are fan boy high schooler whacking off to objective stats in your Car & Driver magazine.

You do realize how much hp a 911 or a 911 S has and how much they cost? Look what people are paying for 430s and the hp they have.

There is so much more than hp. The RCF looks great! It is very comfortable, very easy to drive and super reliable so far (26,000 miles with not even a hiccup). My wife drives mine a lot and loves it because she says its so comfortable and easy to drive.

I would not drive a Caddy or a Z06 if you gave it to me for free, okay perhaps I would potentially drive the Z06.
So basically what you are saying is that the RCF is terrible at its job and should be advertised as a relaxing, reliable, easy to handle, comfortable riding Lexus-ized GT and not some bruising, insane, unreliable, entry level sports coupe that it fickle intended audience buys and see in the M4s, C amg, ATSV etc etc?
Old 05-21-16, 03:49 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

X2 😊

A friend of mine who traded in his less than one year old red Corvette for a USB RCF last year about the same time I got my Ultra white RC-F. He is enjoying his RC-F a lot more than his previous Corvette.

I just want a good looking sporty car that is reliable and I can arrive and depart in style. At the same time I want to be unique and somewhat exclusive and not just another me too M3/M4.

[QUOTE1=DougHII;9492655]Miserably over priced? Huh? Are you kidding? Have you ever owned a cars like these or much higher priced sports cars?

I would not drive a Caddy or a Z06 if you gave it to me for free, okay perhaps I would potentially drive the Z06.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-21-16, 06:42 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol I wasn't saying the car was overpriced. I was stating that link you listed for the used RCF for low $50s is reasonable if it was a base model that MSRP mid/low $60s.

A CTS-V starts at $82k, fully loaded I'm sure it's close to $100k. The ATS-V is more comparable.

The only gripe about the RCF is that with paying the premium for the performance/carbon package, it should've came with more alcantara in the interior...especially the headliner.
Old 05-21-16, 07:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Buy it then or you can have mine when the LC 500 comes out, not going to wait 2-3 years for a car to drop 10-15k, I invest in the market not cars. You can always wait 10 years and get it for 12k that's 60k off MSRP!
Thank goodness someone else said it first.
Who the hell cares about depreciation and future values. ITS A CAR!
iT'S NOT A HOUSE. IT'S NOT GOLD OR SILVER. ITS NOT ORANGES NOR COFFEE BEANS. ITS A CAR. Cars are meant to travel. We enthusiasts also take pleasure getting one point to another. You buy a vintage auto if you want a car for an investment. For an RC F to be an investment, you'd have to never drive, then keep it for 30-40 years. I'd rather buy gold.
Old 05-21-16, 11:47 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
So basically what you are saying is that the RCF is terrible at its job and should be advertised as a relaxing, reliable, easy to handle, comfortable riding Lexus-ized GT and not some bruising, insane, unreliable, entry level sports coupe that it fickle intended audience buys and see in the M4s, C amg, ATSV etc etc?
Nah, that is what I like about 911 turbos. Great daily drivers, comfortable, easy to drive in stop and go traffic, good realizability, yet fun to drive on the back road twisters or messing around with crotch rockets. Well balanced, behaved, user friendly and good looks is not a negative. Having a useable back seat for small kids sealed the deal. Lol, people throw the GT kabel around like it a negative thing. The RCF for $70k is a heck of a lot of car.
Old 05-22-16, 09:06 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DougHII
Nah, that is what I like about 911 turbos. Great daily drivers, comfortable, easy to drive in stop and go traffic, good realizability, yet fun to drive on the back road twisters or messing around with crotch rockets. Well balanced, behaved, user friendly and good looks is not a negative. Having a useable back seat for small kids sealed the deal. Lol, people throw the GT kabel around like it a negative thing. The RCF for $70k is a heck of a lot of car.
GT thing is not bad, but they need stop throwing the RCF in the same league as the m4 atsv when its truly a GT car. I mean Lexus and its dealership when I refer to "they"
Old 05-22-16, 09:08 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
Thank goodness someone else said it first.
Who the hell cares about depreciation and future values. ITS A CAR!
iT'S NOT A HOUSE. IT'S NOT GOLD OR SILVER. ITS NOT ORANGES NOR COFFEE BEANS. ITS A CAR. Cars are meant to travel. We enthusiasts also take pleasure getting one point to another. You buy a vintage auto if you want a car for an investment. For an RC F to be an investment, you'd have to never drive, then keep it for 30-40 years. I'd rather buy gold.
Its the Lexus halo effect kicking people in the nuts.

Low sales prices, low demand equals inability of the RCF to hold onto its value like the traditional Lexus moniker names. Its hard to grasp, but if you want an M4 like vehicle and Lexus like resale, buy a Porsche or higher.

Last edited by coolsaber; 05-22-16 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-22-16, 09:14 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

How is it not in the same league exactly? Please explain in detail.
Old 05-22-16, 09:19 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98
How is it not in the same league exactly? Please explain in detail.
He can't. He jumps around all Lexus models and inserts his opinion without actually owning one. @coolsaber still waiting for the rcf to depreciate to the 20k range to pick up one huh??

Quick Reply: Depreciation on RCF