RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Depreciation on RCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-16, 09:11 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpc12
To give you guys a real data point. I took my car to CarMax Saturday and they offered me $48K.

My car is a 2015 and has just over 4K miles on it and was $74K MSRP but I got it for $64K. However, it just came back from the body shop after my wife got rear ended with $13K repairs with no frame damage. But the appraiser said the accident was only a few thousand hit to the value.
Thats a good trade in value.

Someone on the other thread posted these #s for Dealer Auction (Manheim)

05/09/16 SF BAY Factory $57,600 37 Above RED 8G A No
05/11/16 SF BAY Factory $57,000 56 Above RED 8G A Yes

Looks like one dealer finally got tired of trying to sell their "new" 2015 RCF's and auctioned them off with 37 miles and 56 miles!
Old 05-23-16, 10:23 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpc12
To give you guys a real data point. I took my car to CarMax Saturday and they offered me $48K.

My car is a 2015 and has just over 4K miles on it and was $74K MSRP but I got it for $64K. However, it just came back from the body shop after my wife got rear ended with $13K repairs with no frame damage. But the appraiser said the accident was only a few thousand hit to the value.
I saw a pic of your car from a previous post. It appears to not have the 20 spoke wheels or performance package. How did you come up with $74k msrp?
Old 05-23-16, 02:31 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Why should I care if you have the time or inclination to read? (btw who are you kiddin on the whole you not reading the whole post lol)

I`m sorry, but sharing an opinion on a forum is not limited to basically singing praises for a vehicle?? Keep on circle- on that with ssmoked. BTW if you dont have time to read etc, you should probably stop posting. And if you cannot take a differing opinion, I say avoid forums all together, because that is what a forum was designed to be.

So are you still butthurt over me calling your unheard of trade in value? If you are, why not just say it? Here, for the purposes of helping your hurt ego, Your car is worth what you paid for it if you traded it in today at any dealership, maybe more. Forget that KBB, edmunds, Mannheim exist.
Yes you are so right, can't be any more accurate. Now let me go drive my rcf to redeem myself while you sit behind your computer whole day on this site drooling over cars you can't afford
Old 05-23-16, 04:03 PM
mrpc12
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I saw a pic of your car from a previous post. It appears to not have the 20 spoke wheels or performance package. How did you come up with $74k msrp?
Sorry - $73,669

Old 05-23-16, 05:50 PM
kdu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Haven't been on the forum for a bit because I sold my car and there are hardly any new posts, but looks like I missed out on some good trolling. From a guy that has owned/driven driven both cars extensively... The RCF is not a f*ing GT car.
Old 05-23-16, 06:16 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Man, this is getting hilarious. I like your comment that the dude "need a hobby or a girl or something."

Seriously, the dude just continues to bash RC-F. I mean if he dislikes the RC-F so much, he needs to go on and seek out another vehicle to ride in OR RIDE SOMETHING ELSE! Really unbelievable! !! Nobody is making him to buy an RC-F at ANY PRICE. The thing about depreciation. ...... most modern cars depreciate. It is what it is. A fact of life. If he does not like car depreciation or can not bear or tolerate or afford depreciation , then it is unlikely he EVER will buy ANY CAR AT ANY PRICE. Better take the BUS/SUBWAY/TRAIN or ride a bicycle or just WALK instead. STOP BASHING THE RC-F OR ANY CAR YOU REALLY DO NOT OWN!!! Just shows you are all BS!!

Originally Posted by DougHII
I don't really have the time or inclination to read past your second sentence. Me saying something is comfortable, easy to drive and reliable does not box it into any class be it a GT, SUV, exotic sports car, crotch rocket or moon rover . . . okay maybe a moon rover given the alien seats. RCF is in moon rover class.

Cut to the chase . . . You are some dude or dudette, or maybe a combination of both the way things are going these days . . . that does not own an RCF but apparently gets his thrills in life out of coming to an RCF forum and telling RCF owners that their car isn't a true sports by your definition and is a GT by your definition for the sole purpose to tell us our cars ain't is cool as we think and they are over priced.

Lol, you need a hobby or a girl or something.
Old 05-23-16, 07:59 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Why should I care if you have the time or inclination to read? (btw who are you kiddin on the whole you not reading the whole post lol)

I`m sorry, but sharing an opinion on a forum is not limited to basically singing praises for a vehicle?? Keep on circle- on that with ssmoked. BTW if you dont have time to read etc, you should probably stop posting. And if you cannot take a differing opinion, I say avoid forums all together, because that is what a forum was designed to be.

So are you still butthurt over me calling your unheard of trade in value? If you are, why not just say it? Here, for the purposes of helping your hurt ego, Your car is worth what you paid for it if you traded it in today at any dealership, maybe more. Forget that KBB, edmunds, Mannheim exist.
I would suggest Prozac, but your symptoms may be gonadal, you know the one that makes you talk with that funny little high pitch voice like thiiisss, as opposed serotonin regulation of the pituitary xy axis which is a known contraindication for SSRIs and could lead to even more drastic actions than trolling internet forums and whacking off to 0-60 times in the back of Car & Drivers.
Old 12-09-16, 04:35 AM
lexus934
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used rc f

hello everyone,

I was just wondering what your guys input is on the cars depreciation and on the rc f overall. do you guys think that the car is selling well right now? used or new

thanks
Old 12-09-16, 04:43 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I believe there is already a thread covering your question..
Old 12-09-16, 04:57 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus!

Most cars depreciate especially new sports cars. As far as the RCF is concerned, it seems to me about average for the type of car, maybe holding on to a little bit better than average due to the rarity. There are a number of sites out there (Edmunds, kbb) that will list depreciation as compared to others in it's class. If you plan on keeping the car, it's negligible.

To be honest, I don't even think about it. My main concerns in order are reliability, styling, performance and finally price/depreciation. So far I believe the RCF has that balance.