RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sigh

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 11:39 AM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JT4;9481861]OP sorry to see this, I'm glad that the damage seems to be minor, but regardless, this should have never happened. WTF was that guy thinking...

This is why I park as far away from everyone as I can, I have even left parking lots if they're too full and I can't park alone. Yeah, maybe I'm nuts but I want to avoid a situation like what happened to you because I would literally lose my mind.

This is a pic my wife took a while ago to show someone how nut's I am when I park..[
/QUOTE]

+1 Don't feel bad, I do that every time.

Damn OP, so sorry to see this happen.
Old 05-12-16, 12:33 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
OP sorry to see this, I'm glad that the damage seems to be minor, but regardless, this should have never happened. WTF was that guy thinking...

This is why I park as far away from everyone as I can, I have even left parking lots if they're too full and I can't park alone. Yeah, maybe I'm nuts but I want to avoid a situation like what happened to you because I would literally lose my mind.

This is a pic my wife took a while ago to show someone how nut's I am when I park..

Haha...you are not the only one If I could put a force field around my car with laser turrets, I would
Old 05-12-16, 12:56 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear all this happened to you.

The person who hit you is a real looser!! Judging from the rack on his pickup truck, probably a construction worker of some type. Probably get paid in cash from doing subcontractors jobs. So it is difficult to track. For some reason, I think this was not his first rodeo. I see many examples of these people. They have the latest cell phones and nice threads, rides, and all, but on food stamps and government assistance or fake disabilities. Anyway this is where America is heading towards. Don't get me started on this.

Since you already know who the person of the pickup truck belongs to, maybe take him to small claims court? You have pictures and his information (including an inactive insurance he produced which was deceptive on his part). I would think any reasonable judge looking at it will make it right. Plus may even issue him a citation for not having insurance. I guess if he has no money to pay the judgement against him, then it gets more complicated. May have to file lien against his house or truck or other properties, if any. I'm no lawyer, but at least you can try.

At the end of the day, it depends on what your priorities are and if it is worth you time to spend a whole day at the court for your turn to present your case in small claims court.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by equalme
Luckily only damage is what is shown on the second picture. Seems like the PPF took most of the damage, not sure what the paint looks like underneath once the PPF is removed. Small paint chip near the corner of bumper and headlight, and the bumper is slightly mis-aligned. Driver has no insurance that I am aware of, he gave me his insurance paperwork which ended up being an inactive policy. I would've just asked for money...but the guy doesn't look like he has more than a $100 in his name...

Wished there was a way they can enforce auto insurance better. I have UIM coverage but it is still $250 out of my pocket.

Last edited by lexusrus; 05-12-16 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-12-16, 02:03 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what the hell is going on in this thread??? a damaged vehicle really brings out the real in folks, huh???

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Sorry to hear all this happened to you.

The person who hit you is a real looser!! Judging from the rack on his pickup truck, probably a construction worker of some type. Probably get paid in cash from doing subcontractors jobs. So it is difficult to track. For some reason, I think this was not his first rodeo. I see many examples of these people. They have the latest cell phones and nice threads, rides, and all, but on food stamps and government assistance or fake disabilities. Anyway this is where America is heading towards. Don't get me started on this.

Since you already know who the person of the pickup truck belongs to, maybe take him to small claims court? You have pictures and his information (including an inactive insurance he produced which was deceptive on his part). I would think any reasonable judge looking at it will make it right. Plus may even issue him a citation for not having insurance. I guess if he has no money to pay the judgement against him, then it gets more complicated. May have to file lien against his house or truck or other properties, if any. I'm no lawyer, but at least you can try.

At the end of the day, it depends on what your priorities are and if it is worth you time to spend a whole day at the court for your turn to present your case in small claims court.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-16, 02:56 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

It is what it is.

I did not say anything about IA or any particular race/religion/nationality /group or anything of that nature. Simply observations from the pictures and postings.

Would you be tooling around town in a pickup truck with a rack in the back unless the truck fits you and what you do? Similarly would you be tooling around on a semi truck or a dump truck? (Unless you borrowed the truck which is entirely possible ).

Obviously that person had total disregard for other people's property (I don't care if that person is White, Black, Brown, or Green or whatever. Nor do I care if that person spoke no English or mute/death or whatever). That person parked way over the yellow line marking parking stalls and ran into the Lexus and thereby damaging it. Totally no regard for the usual rules of engagement which is well established and understood by most people driving a motor vehicle.

I would also venture to guess because the way he acted as he doesn't care because he knew he can get away with it. I guess there are really two ways to get someone 's attention : pain where it really matters..... Meaning pocketbook or physical pain. Since we are in a civilized country, pocketbook is where it is, but it is difficult to get blood from a turnip.

Now, if this was in some third world country, the owner of the LEXUS will wait for the driver of the pickup truck to return and settle right on the spot. Meaning actual cash money will be exchanged and each go his merry way. You say, the guy has no money? Well, some street justice will likely be served. Again, this is if you are in a third country setting. We are not and we are in the USA.

It is what it is.

Originally Posted by DrRick
what the hell is going on in this thread??? a damaged vehicle really brings out the real in folks, huh???
Old 05-12-16, 03:09 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
It is what it is.

I did not say anything about IA or any particular race/religion/nationality /group or anything of that nature. Simply observations from the pictures and postings.

Would you be tooling around town in a pickup truck with a rack in the back unless the truck fits you and what you do? Similarly would you be tooling around on a semi truck or a dump truck? (Unless you borrowed the truck which is entirely possible ).

Obviously that person had total disregard for other people's property (I don't care if that person is White, Black, Brown, or Green or whatever. Nor do I care if that person spoke no English or mute/death or whatever). That person parked way over the yellow line marking parking stalls and ran into the Lexus and thereby damaging it. Totally no regard for the usual rules of engagement which is well established and understood by most people driving a motor vehicle.

I would also venture to guess because the way he acted as he doesn't care because he knew he can get away with it. I guess there are really two ways to get someone 's attention : pain where it really matters..... Meaning pocketbook or physical pain. Since we are in a civilized country, pocketbook is where it is, but it is difficult to get blood from a turnip.

Now, if this was in some third world country, the owner of the LEXUS will wait for the driver of the pickup truck to return and settle right on the spot. Meaning actual cash money will be exchanged and each go his merry way. You say, the guy has no money? Well, some street justice will likely be served. Again, this is if you are in a third country setting. We are not and we are in the USA.

It is what it is.
Or....he could be a hard working man trying to provide for his family the best he can. No fancy cell phones. No government assistance. Trying to make the most of the 'utopia' we call America. To give his kids a better life than he's had. And he made a friggin mistake while trying to park. Maybe?

Would I tool around in pickup if it didn't suit what I do? So cars define people, now? Is THAT what you think? Does your LEXUS define you? Because, until it broke down, I was driving a raggedy POS Acura. Every day. To work and any errands. Guess that means I'm poor and have no regard for anyone else. And let's not even talk about how someone dresses. I think the word is 'prejudice'. Yanno...to 'prejudge'?

But you're right...it is what it is. folks can be judged by what they drive or how much money they have (or don't have). Who needs to read the book when the whole story is on the cover, right?

It's a damn car, man. Sounding more and more like Bimmer owners every day.

PS...We have a Bimmer, too

Last edited by DrRick; 05-12-16 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-12-16, 04:04 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

No, never had a bimmer. Maybe if it were FREE I might think about it!!! Haha. Nay, too much headache with a bimmer. I'll pass. Yes, one can observe and see a lot. Why do you think LEOs do it, even though it is illegal? Our government do it all the time. TSA does it. INS does it. How you dress and act when you go through any port of entry to USA or any high risk countries will determine if there will be a secondary screening conducted on you. I'm not saying it is right or wrong. It is a reality of life these days.

I kept my old Volvo of 18 years with 280K miles before I sold it. Before that I had a Honda Accord of 9+years with 380K miles before I sold it. So nothing fancy. And back many years ago I worked like a dog just barely making it. Some of the people around me I knew at the time abused the system and was on the food stamps, public assitance, and etc. That's how I know.

One will only need to visit some grocery stores across the country and just observe very carefully. You will likely see some people buying food with EBT card (food stamps, the old system ). Pay particular attention to what they are buying. Namely ribeye steaks, shrimp, lobsters, and etc. Why sure, people on public assistance need to eat too. I'm not arguing with that. Also notice what kind of cell phone the person got, watch/jewelry they aRe wearing, aND etc. Then notice what type of vehicles they get in and drive off. If you observed very carefully, you will be surprised and wonder what is wrong with what I just saw? Also if you watch very carefully if that person bags the "good stuff" in one bag and the "other stuff" in another bag, you can almost predict what will happen in the parking lot next. Some exchange of cash and goods will likely take place right outside in the parking lot with another person waiting. Just use your imagination. It happens more often than you might think.

Ok, so that hard working person you had painted the picture with might just be a very hard worker just like you said. But the fact remains that person had absolutely no respect for other people's property. If he owned up to his mistake, then he should offer to make it right instead if providING some fake insurance.

I'm just saying, it is what it is.

Originally Posted by DrRick
Or....he could be a hard working man trying to provide for his family the best he can. No fancy cell phones. No government assistance. Trying to make the most of the 'utopia' we call America. To give his kids a better life than he's had. And he made a friggin mistake while trying to park. Maybe?

Would I tool around in pickup if it didn't suit what I do? So cars define people, now? Is THAT what you think? Does your LEXUS define you? Because, until it broke down, I was driving a raggedy POS Acura. Every day. To work and any errands. Guess that means I'm poor and have no regard for anyone else. And let's not even talk about how someone dresses. I think the word is 'prejudice'. Yanno...to 'prejudge'?

But you're right...it is what it is. folks can be judged by what they drive or how much money they have (or don't have). Who needs to read the book when the whole story is on the cover, right?

It's a damn car, man. Sounding more and more like Bimmer owners every day.

PS...We have a Bimmer, too

Last edited by lexusrus; 05-12-16 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-12-16, 04:53 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Damn, this thread got hijacked...lol..in before close!!!
Old 05-13-16, 04:25 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol at the excessively pontificating internet warriors slinking out of the woodwork to establish their internet moral, social and intellectual headachy. Johnnyreb has always been courteous, friendly and certainly less abrasive than me or those feeling the need to publicly put him in his place over an off handed remark made out of irritation.

Uninsured, tag hanging off the truck (probably expired), drunk dents (does bumper even match?) and how the heck does one seriously drive like that? No responsibility, not integrity . . . no thank you.

A few months ago, my wife and I are sitting behind a car with a similar appearance at a stop sign and dude puts it in reverse and backs into me. I get out and it is some little Mexican dude that literally could not speak English. I should have called the cops, but I was trying to cool about it and took a picture of his license and insurance card. Guess what, insurance expired and the driver's license was not even his!!!??!!

I was also hit by a drunk driver once that killed my friend and put me in the hospital for 3 months. Dude had no insurance and no job unless you call cocaine dealer a job (he was out on bail for seeing coke to an undercover cop when he hit me). It is just difficult to garnish the wages of a cocaine dealer.

Candidly, I have serious issues with irresponsible people (especially a moron that cannot navigate a parking lot any better than that) that refuses to follow the law and at the very least maintains insurance if they are going to drive and have no better driving skills than that.

I mean common, how the heck could someone mess up that bad in a frickin parking spot. Not sure I could do that if I tried. Must be one of those special driving skills possessed by the uninsured.
Old 05-13-16, 05:16 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol at the excessively pontificating internet warriors slinking out of the woodwork to establish their internet moral, social and intellectual headachy. Johnnyreb has always been courteous, friendly and certainly less abrasive than me or those feeling the need to publicly put him in his place over an off handed remark made out of irritation.

Uninsured, tag hanging off the truck (probably expired), drunk dents (does bumper even match?) and how the heck does one seriously drive like that? No responsibility, not integrity . . . no thank you.

A few months ago, my wife and I are sitting behind a car with a similar appearance at a stop sign and dude puts it in reverse and backs into me. I get out and it is some little Mexican dude that literally could not speak English. I should have called the cops, but I was trying to cool about it and took a picture of his license and insurance card. Guess what, insurance expired and the driver's license was not even his!!!??!!

I was also hit by a drunk driver once that killed my friend and put me in the hospital for 3 months. Dude had no insurance and no job unless you call cocaine dealer a job (he was out on bail for seeing coke to an undercover cop when he hit me). It is just difficult to garnish the wages of a cocaine dealer.

Candidly, I have serious issues with irresponsible people (especially a moron that cannot navigate a parking lot any better than that) that refuses to follow the law and at the very least maintains insurance if they are going to drive and have no better driving skills than that.

I mean common, how the heck could someone mess up that bad in a frickin parking spot. Not sure I could do that if I tried. Must be one of those special driving skills possessed by the uninsured.
Exactly, and it was a decent size space. Look at how far in the space the OP was parked within the yellow line, the pickup could have fit in the space with no problem if he tried or cared. The more I look at the pictures the more it pisses me off because IMO the driver could have cared less how he was parking. If he didn't hit the RC F I bet he would have left his truck parked that close to the RC F without even giving a crap.

I see it more and more, people pulling into parking spaces totally crooked getting very close to other cars and not even bothering to straighten out their vehicle. It's a "me, me" society today, nobody respects anyone else's property...

Last edited by JT4; 05-13-16 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-13-16, 09:32 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Well said. The driver of the pickup truck is totally irresponsible.

Unfortunately the rest of us (responsible folks) are often subsidizing for the irresponsible folks out there. That is, part of our auto insurance premiums pay for incidents such as this where the offending party has no coverage and is at fault. Hence the ever increasing premiums.

One way to safeguard against things of this nature is to have insurance coverage and hope for the best. And to drive vehicles as safe as one can afford just in case.

Maybe in the future when one starts the engine the vehicle will check if the owner has ACTIVE insurance or not. If not, it won't go anywhere and grounded. Must get an Uber instead!!☺

Originally Posted by DougHII

Old 05-13-16, 10:32 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Real integrity transcends all social-economic boundaries. How much you make or have has absolutely nothing to do with realizing your mistakes and being man enough to want to make it right; i.e. not offering expired insurance. To the OP, good luck and sorry about your car.
Old 05-13-16, 03:46 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably has more to do with a lack of responsibility than the fact he drives a work truck. Crummy that this happened, but has nothing to do with the way the man makes a living or what vehicle he drives.

Last edited by Frog98; 05-14-16 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-13-16, 05:01 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow some of these comments...Lol.

Let me clarify, first off he wasn't an immigrant if that matters. He was actually an older black male, from the looks of it he does lawn services as he had equipment in the bed. And to clarify some more, the insurance paper he handed to me had his policy number on it, but it was a form from the insurance company for a health physician to sign and clear him to be insured. It is those low budget POS insurance companies that I hate. I called the number on the form on a weekday around 5PM and they were already closed. The damage was so minor I didn't think it warranted for me to call and wait 1-2 hours for a police to show up, figured I'd just file a report the next day at my own convenience. I called the insurance company the next day and they told me his policy is inactive. I then called the guy and told him his policy wasn't any good, he sounded surprised/confused, and said he will go to the office and figure things out. I gave him two whole days to do so and on the second day he said he had forgotten.

Annoying, yes. He's an old fella and I felt sorry for him as well. He shouldn't be working, none the less driving. The damage is minimum $300-500 tops, but it is my money that I shouldn't have to spend at all. I am still going to try to figure out how to have him held responsible for not having insurance. Whether it is his fault or family members that should've been looking out for him.
Old 05-13-16, 09:25 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

You know what, its exactly what I thought, i was thinking maybe this individual is an older person and had some kinda medical issue or whatsoever before parking his truck...sad times...

Quick Reply: Sigh