RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Gotta say the RC F is the best deal on the market tiday

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16, 10:37 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Gotta say the RC F is the best deal on the market tiday

26,000 miles into ownership. Wife and I were talking last night and both agree there is no better sports coupe on the market today for the price. She has been driving it a fair amount and she is constantly around and driving cars costing multiples of what the RC F cost.

I usually grow tired of cars quickly and even tempt myself about once a month with going back to a Porsche turbo as my daily driver, but why. The RC F is an awesome, comfortable daily driver with plenty of excitement always on tap. The car looks great, a joy to drive and is easy on the pocketbook for what you get. The back seat is useable and has plenty of room for my 4 year old.

All of that and I still really like the looks.

It's basically a complete package unless your ego needs to know your car is faster stop light to stop light by a few tenths or you need four doors.
Old 05-29-16, 11:26 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Great post! The car is very easy to live with as a daily.
Old 05-29-16, 11:41 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Feel the same way about my ISF!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-29-16, 01:51 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The rcf is a blast to drive on highways and a total waste of power within city speed. The exotic look is superior than cars 2-3x the cost IMO, though it's a major **** magnate everywhere
Old 05-29-16, 03:31 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
The rcf is a blast to drive on highways and a total waste of power within city speed. The exotic look is superior than cars 2-3x the cost IMO, though it's a major **** magnate everywhere
Yep, and orange is best!
Old 05-29-16, 03:43 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the RC. I can't afford an RC-F, but the basic RC would be the complete package for me. I'm hoping to buy a used RC within the next 2 to 3 years. Have a 10-15K stereo upgrade and it would be my perfect car.
Old 05-29-16, 04:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

The RC F is my first high-performance car and although I don't have much to compare it to, it's the best built vehicle I have ever owned. The chassis is incredibly stiff making the car feel incredibly solid over bumps, well-planted at high speeds, and very nimble more so than my IS and past lighter sporty cars.
Old 05-29-16, 10:37 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It always ends up about who's dik is bigger, I have friends who have 3-500k+ cars and they get more attn and yes it's faster but if you put your ego aside how much better is it? Are 12k shop visits and $800 oil changes a good time even if you have millions why **** it away having a car that costs so much end up in the shop for repairs that can buy a new accord? To each his own I guess but that to me is not a good value and I can get anything I want. Now if Lexus has a new LFA out I may have to get one but again the car will last 250k+ miles, show me any Ferrari or Lambo with 100k miles that is not a POS even MB and BMW are turds past 100k.
Old 05-30-16, 12:30 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you put reliability above all else, then I agree. That being said most people with RCF money ($150k+/year household and little debt) would rather drive a BMW, Mercedes, Audi or Porsche. Hell even a Cadillac.

Depends on what you consider value. I like you value quality over flash. Unfortunately, we're in the minority. If I didn't care about reliability or depreciation, there are other cars I'd rather drive.

The seemingly abhorrent sales numbers of the RCF and GSF will confirm this theory.
Old 05-30-16, 12:59 AM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
If you put reliability above all else, then I agree. That being said most people with RCF money ($150k+/year household and little debt) would rather drive a BMW, Mercedes, Audi or Porsche. Hell even a Cadillac.

Depends on what you consider value. I like you value quality over flash. Unfortunately, we're in the minority. If I didn't care about reliability or depreciation, there are other cars I'd rather drive.

The seemingly abhorrent sales numbers of the RCF and GSF will confirm this theory.
Where in his post did he say anything about quality over flash? He said at this price point and after ACTUALLY owning the car he believes it is the best deal on the market today. And what people with "RCF money" do (nice arbitrary number btw ) will never be a direct reflection of how good a car actually is or isn't. If the BMW M4 ranked last in every car review and the Lexus ranked 1st which one would sell more?....
Old 05-30-16, 01:07 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
Where in his post did he say anything about quality over flash? He said at this price point and after ACTUALLY owning the car he believes it is the best deal on the market today. And what people with "RCF money" do (nice arbitrary number btw ) will never be a direct reflection of how good a car actually is or isn't. If the BMW M4 ranked last in every car review and the Lexus ranked 1st which one would sell more?....
Haha, that's just my bare minimum I could see someone needing to make in order to "afford" a used RCF reasonably. I'm sure many here make far more. At least I'd hope, things aren't cheap!

I think the Lexus would sell more in that scenario yes. BMW is all about prestige and marketing. They make great cars that last 50k miles before shtf. No this isn't every BMW ever built, but this is what I've seen. Mercedes Benz too.

Toyota and Nissan are my brands.

Last edited by JaponesV8; 05-30-16 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 07:15 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JaponesV8

I expect reliability at this price point for a daily driver and would be back in a Porsche if reliability was the PRIMARY concern. I put approximately 160k miles on 4 Porsche turbo daily drivers between late 90s and 2011 and only had a tail malfunction on a 2001 (instrument cluster under warranty) and slave cylinder go out on a 2004 right at about 52,000 miles. The turbo cases are bullet proof and do not have the RMS, IMS type issues. So for me, reliability is not driving this ship.

My short term M3 sedan immediately before the RC F was a disaster . . . and I rarely flogged it as the car just wasn't all that excitement wise. I only purchased the M because we had a baby and needed 4 doors.

My wife recently purchased a new daily driver. I offered to buy her an M4 convertible for her because I wanted one. She said she never wants another BMW again after our M3 experience.

She opted for a Macan and absolutely loves the Macan. The build quality and finishes are better than Lexus, but she still drives the RCF 2 or 3 days a week and is driving it today because she absolutely loves that car . . . and the RC F is less expensive . . . She would take the Macan over the RCF only because she wants an SUV.

You really have to live with the cars for a moment to appreciate their + ands -s.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-30-16 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 07:44 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
BMW Ms have a massive following culminated over many years. These guys swear by BMWs and will stay in Bimmers regardless as to the stats, costs or reliability (deviations within reasons of course) . . . that is until most of them are able to move up in ranks to something like a 911 or an Italian. There is very little lateral brand movement in the same price range and car classification for the BMW performance enthusiast.

Its cool, Brand loyalty is a great thing and the majority of them would not purchase an RCF even if the RCF was marginally quicker. At the end of the day, the marginal performance difference between the cars in this class are absolutely meaningless in daily driving. Purchase decisions in this class are driven by largely by image, ego of having the best on paper and etc. Image, ego and etc. are naturally in the makeup of guys wanting to purchase cars like these in the first place.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-30-16 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 07:58 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

This thread was driven by a simple discussion my wife Friday night. She is going back to work and got a lucrative offer.

She offered to buy me another Porsche just to be nice (what a wife!) and I said . . . WHY?!!!!??? I am happy with the RCF for now. No need. She agreed and went on and on how much she likes it. . . I may take her up on the offer in the near future, but no need now.
Old 05-30-16, 08:31 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
She offered to buy me another Porsche just to be nice (what a wife!)
Tell me where I can find an identical wife?!

Does she work for Porsche or vw?

Quick Reply: Gotta say the RC F is the best deal on the market tiday