RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Looking at a 15 RCF, Have a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-16, 08:38 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
So the actual 4k should be absorbed into the Premium Pkg, so in essense it should really only cost 800 more than a different F that has the same Options ??
You are correct.
Old 06-02-16, 08:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
That price is fair, but: How are the tires? How has it been serviced? How are the brakes? Clean carfax? Clear bra? Several negotiable items.
Also check with Lexus if the car went through TSB for less dustier brakes.. If not, free new brakes
Old 06-03-16, 09:49 AM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well after all the research and trying to get the best deal, the wife crushed my dreams for buying one this year. She had a valid argument and we do have 2 kids. Guess ill wait till next year and build a better case. At least my car isn't all that bad ) Just not as fast as id like.....

Old 06-03-16, 10:13 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife is able to come up with those arguments as well. They wait till you invest the time and then bam... lol

This is the second time now I'm starting to press on dumping the Camaro in favor a RC-F. There are a few leftover 2015s new on the market (looking on AutoTrader), but finding a molten performance edition is next to non-existant.
Old 06-03-16, 10:42 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

RC-F has a back seat, several members here have posted pictures with kids and car seats in it. Unless your kid is 12+ years old and you are 6' tall the back seat shouldn't be an issue. my daughter fits fine in the back @ 11 years old. plenty of leg room if someone is in the front passenger seat, plenty of leg room if she is behind me as well, though it does require me to adjust my normal seating position slightly.

I've always wondered why the "we have kids" argument wins over the logic that the kids are not always in the car with you, and if you have another vehicle that is kid compatible then to me the argument holds no water.

The vast majority of the time I am the only one in my car, so the "we have kids" argument doesn't work on me. I have always had sports cars. The wife has the sedan, if we need to go someplace as a family and it would be uncomfortable for everyone to fit in my car, we take hers, no need for 2 sedans in the household because on family outings chances are you are only taking one car.
Old 06-03-16, 11:36 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Just curious. How does a $79,000 sticker wind up selling for $55,000 in a year, when the seller (dealer) has to make a profit on the 55 K, (I'm guessing more than a couple of grand). All that and the car only has ten thousand miles on it.

I realize that the car never got near the sticker on the original sale, but who can take that kind of beating?

I bought an ISF that way. The corporation that owned it must have paid three grand a month on the lease. Amazing.
Old 06-03-16, 11:40 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
RC-F has a back seat, several members here have posted pictures with kids and car seats in it. Unless your kid is 12+ years old and you are 6' tall the back seat shouldn't be an issue. my daughter fits fine in the back @ 11 years old. plenty of leg room if someone is in the front passenger seat, plenty of leg room if she is behind me as well, though it does require me to adjust my normal seating position slightly.

I've always wondered why the "we have kids" argument wins over the logic that the kids are not always in the car with you, and if you have another vehicle that is kid compatible then to me the argument holds no water.

The vast majority of the time I am the only one in my car, so the "we have kids" argument doesn't work on me. I have always had sports cars. The wife has the sedan, if we need to go someplace as a family and it would be uncomfortable for everyone to fit in my car, we take hers, no need for 2 sedans in the household because on family outings chances are you are only taking one car.
lol I don't get that argument since we already have a full size SUV and the IS350 and zero kids.

I get the "we already have a 500hp coupe that's almost paid off....why do we need a "downgrade" to a 460hp coupe to replace it and start the payment book over?" (She knows the quality of Lexus over Chevy...doesn't help though ) Its a hard argument to beat number to number...

These fuel pump issues have not helped my argument (though a solution seems to be on the way!) when I come back with "because I'm tired of chasing issues everytime I drive the Camaro " However, its nice to see "what wheels do I use?" "what exhaust sound best" on here as compared to Camaro5 which is cluttered with "dropped a lifter at 10k miles" "cam core was junk and ate stock engine" blah blah blah....

Hindsight is 20/20 FYI

Last edited by Swacer; 06-03-16 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-03-16, 12:25 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I grew up differently, I grew up around cars, and going out to eat, she grew up on a farm and never left much. Now we both have great jobs but she is a Dr. of Pharm and crushes me in the $$ dept. As we can afford whatever, she is one that likes to save $$ and pay everything off, im more of the live while your alive kinda person. It doesnt help that she could drive a Lambo or a Geo and be just as happy with either. Shes not into cars at all..... (
Old 06-03-16, 06:08 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
lol I don't get that argument since we already have a full size SUV and the IS350 and zero kids.

I get the "we already have a 500hp coupe that's almost paid off....why do we need a "downgrade" to a 460hp coupe to replace it and start the payment book over?" (She knows the quality of Lexus over Chevy...doesn't help though ) Its a hard argument to beat number to number...

These fuel pump issues have not helped my argument (though a solution seems to be on the way!) when I come back with "because I'm tired of chasing issues everytime I drive the Camaro " However, its nice to see "what wheels do I use?" "what exhaust sound best" on here as compared to Camaro5 which is cluttered with "dropped a lifter at 10k miles" "cam core was junk and ate stock engine" blah blah blah....

Hindsight is 20/20 FYI

I'm a former Camaro owner and member of Camaro5 as well. I go by Mr. Incredible on C5
My RC-F was purchased with the money I received from the Lemon Law buy-back of my Camaro. The Lexus issues are minor compared to the GM issues. I was a long time GM fan-boy, I have owned a dozen in the past 20 years. The Lexus is my first import purchase ever, and it is leaps and bounds above anything I have ever owned by GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

BTW your IS350 is sick looking..
Old 06-05-16, 04:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

If maintenance , carfax, and wear/tear items check out fine, and of course the test drive is to your satisfaction, go for it since it's the exact color combo you want. It's also a very fair price. But I get the kids situation... tough one for you but if there's any consolation, your IS looks awesome!!!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-05-16 at 04:29 PM.