RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-17, 01:45 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Then again, I might be your girlfriend! Wanted to hear more opinions on Ark Grip but there isn't much word about them on the RC-F Forums. I guess Borla it is!
Old 03-31-17, 07:08 PM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have to beyond my resonator delete I would go for the Borla for sure after listening all of them so many freaking times with my buddies. Borla for sure but I am contented with resonator delete right now.
Old 04-01-17, 01:04 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 694 Likes on 610 Posts

Contact us for this exhaust.. In stock!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-17-17, 09:15 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello All -

I have been quite, as I had a small issue with the Borla exhaust that warrants a quick read. So, my right rear weld on the muffler separated from the muffler. From the time I noticed it to the time the problem was resolved was somewhat amazing. Talk about a company that stands behind their products. Meraki and Borla both stepped up to the plate. I called Josh @ Meraki in a WTF frantic and he looked into the issue. Within a few hours, we gave me a contact at Borla. From the time I emailed Borla 'til I got a response, it was less than a full day. From the time, Borla had a resolution.....its was less than 48 hours. Borla's normal turn on actions of this sort is 4-6 weeks. A day later, I get a call from Borla, They overnight'd an entire new rear section to the exhaust!. All whilst, the only thing that was needed was a simple tack weld to fix the hanger being attached to the muffler.
Overall, Borla takes their 1 million mile warranty seriously. Meraki was instrumental in aiding with the go-between, and received a lot of kudos from Borla as a whole. Borla's customer service was amazing!! I ended up speaking to their rep for some time. He was an outlaw street racer with a Chevy Chevelle SS - 2800hp all motor car. He told me a bunch of stories that I greatly appreciated hearing. All and all, my "woes" were fixes in less than 2 weeks total time. I live in MD but speaking to folks in CA and being able to resolve the problem so promptly..... for a problem so small was quite the breath of fresh air. As a whole, I wanted to share this story. Don't overlook Meraki as a vendor or the Borla exhaust. Both companies actually care, and more so they cared about me and the overall user experience. You dont see customer service like this, in this day and age. Both Borla and Meraki deserve their rightful kudos. Thanks again for taking care of the little guy ~JB
Old 04-17-17, 03:00 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Hello All -

I have been quite, as I had a small issue with the Borla exhaust that warrants a quick read. So, my right rear weld on the muffler separated from the muffler. From the time I noticed it to the time the problem was resolved was somewhat amazing. Talk about a company that stands behind their products. Meraki and Borla both stepped up to the plate. I called Josh @ Meraki in a WTF frantic and he looked into the issue. Within a few hours, we gave me a contact at Borla. From the time I emailed Borla 'til I got a response, it was less than a full day. From the time, Borla had a resolution.....its was less than 48 hours. Borla's normal turn on actions of this sort is 4-6 weeks. A day later, I get a call from Borla, They overnight'd an entire new rear section to the exhaust!. All whilst, the only thing that was needed was a simple tack weld to fix the hanger being attached to the muffler.
Overall, Borla takes their 1 million mile warranty seriously. Meraki was instrumental in aiding with the go-between, and received a lot of kudos from Borla as a whole. Borla's customer service was amazing!! I ended up speaking to their rep for some time. He was an outlaw street racer with a Chevy Chevelle SS - 2800hp all motor car. He told me a bunch of stories that I greatly appreciated hearing. All and all, my "woes" were fixes in less than 2 weeks total time. I live in MD but speaking to folks in CA and being able to resolve the problem so promptly..... for a problem so small was quite the breath of fresh air. As a whole, I wanted to share this story. Don't overlook Meraki as a vendor or the Borla exhaust. Both companies actually care, and more so they cared about me and the overall user experience. You dont see customer service like this, in this day and age. Both Borla and Meraki deserve their rightful kudos. Thanks again for taking care of the little guy ~JB
awesome story!! Too bad they didnt send you a spare midpipe as I would have bought that from ya in a heart beat :P
Old 04-17-17, 05:22 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 694 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Hello All -

Thanks Josh!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-18-17, 06:27 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joeyz10
If I have to beyond my resonator delete I would go for the Borla for sure after listening all of them so many freaking times with my buddies. Borla for sure but I am contented with resonator delete right now.
just had my res.delete finished today. Sounda good. But I think it may be just a means to wet my appetite for more growl I know Id like it. Borla may happen sooner than later.
Old 04-18-17, 07:06 PM
Spider21
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
just had my res.delete finished today. Sounda good. But I think it may be just a means to wet my appetite for more growl I know Id like it. Borla may happen sooner than later.
The Borla will be yours soon...
I had the Res delete for about 3 months before going Borla.
Was very expensive and a bit of work getting it here to Australia too.
There is no comparison, but if had to give a rating, the Res delete would only be a 2 or 3 out of 10 if the Borla is a 10.
Old 04-19-17, 09:36 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spider21
the borla will be yours soon...
I had the res delete for about 3 months before going borla.
Was very expensive and a bit of work getting it here to australia too.
There is no comparison, but if had to give a rating, the res delete would only be a 2 or 3 out of 10 if the borla is a 10.

Old 04-22-17, 03:35 PM
Spider21
Rookie

Here's a vid or my recent install:

Old 04-22-17, 04:23 PM
Spider21
Rookie

Here's another one:

Old 04-22-17, 06:52 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Spider21
Here's another one:

https://youtu.be/tNfAfHlkdL4

bummern, it cut off at the.good part
Old 09-09-17, 12:09 AM
Amlance69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla ordered

I'm excited as hell right now. My Borla exhaust is ordered and will be installed next week. I can't wait. I'll post pics and vids here. Does anyone know what the HP gains are?
Old 09-09-17, 04:46 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Dont expect any gains from an intake or exhaust without a tune and a dyno run to prove it. We dont do exhaust for gains as much as we do it for sound and looks. Gain come if you do a header back and a tune.
Old 09-13-17, 10:18 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Have the borla too

Love my Borla setup too. Got it thru Meraki and after recomm from cl member sparker
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (09-13-17)

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy