Lexus RCF PP vs '16 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 03:51 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
RCF definitely has aftermarket exhaust, look closely, those are not stock tips
Yup, I see it now. I still want to see a stock to stock match-up..hahaha.
Old 07-29-16, 05:08 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
where in my post did u see a correlation between mods and acceleration? My response was just to clarify that we can get 20whp from exhaust. I did not say it will result in improved acceleration,. too many factors involved in running a stock car at the strip, then adding mode and returning to the strip under the same conditions; i.e. Weather, track prep, etc. normally, most guys settle for improved Trap speed
I was really just adding to the discussion and not trying to correct you. Sorry if it came off that way.

You hear a lot of people talk about bolt ons and then not see any increase in real world performance even though the bolt ons show paper improvements in hp, especially with exhaust. Some don't get it, but you obviously do.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-29-16 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-30-16, 08:32 AM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was me...

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Me too. I think they are both stock. Hopefully the RC-F owner is a member here so he can confirm.
Yours truly! At the time of the run only had Exhaust setup and Takeda Intake. No tune or headers.
We both work together figured it would be fun to do a run. That 5.0 is no joke Ford makes a hell of a vehicle.
Old 07-30-16, 09:04 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

with full I/H/E and tune, stang will probably get 45-50rwhp at best. Doesnt get anythign crazy like the RCF gets with a +30rwhp exhaust. Now if the stang starts doing GT350 intake manifolds, thats a different story.
Old 07-30-16, 11:13 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NKFANDI
Yours truly! At the time of the run only had Exhaust setup and Takeda Intake. No tune or headers.
We both work together figured it would be fun to do a run. That 5.0 is no joke Ford makes a hell of a vehicle.
So why did he state that you had "full bolt-ons" in his video title? Is his Stang completely stock down to the air filter? If so, I'll be surprised considering that every Mustang owner I've ever known that wanted to drag race had mods (the Mustang aftermarket is the largest in the nation).

Your TVD also adds weight, which is going to have a negative impact in a drag race (not a huge deal, but worth mentioning).

I'm not bashing on the Mustang. It's a great "drag racer".
Old 07-30-16, 01:36 PM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
So why did he state that you had "full bolt-ons" in his video title? Is his Stang completely stock down to the air filter? If so, I'll be surprised considering that every Mustang owner I've ever known that wanted to drag race had mods (the Mustang aftermarket is the largest in the nation).

Your TVD also adds weight, which is going to have a negative impact in a drag race (not a huge deal, but worth mentioning).

I'm not bashing on the Mustang. It's a great "drag racer".
Not sure why he said full bolt ons. His stang was stock as far as I know. I rather get looks than win a drag race imo. Didn't get the lexus to impress dudes or I would have bought the mustang dropped 30k in the motor and blew everyone away.

Hence my Lexus now. Panty Dropper
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...om-wheels.html
Old 07-30-16, 02:43 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol, panty dropper! I hear ya!
Old 07-30-16, 03:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Not sure why he said full bolt ons. His stang was stock as far as I know. I rather get looks than win a drag race imo. Didn't get the lexus to impress dudes or I would have bought the mustang dropped 30k in the motor and blew everyone away.

Nice rims! I agree with the panty dropper title. I know my RC F has had that effect as well. But the Lambo in front of your ride beats our cars in that race.
Old 07-30-16, 04:34 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

My experience: I've run several Mustang GTs, later models, a couple with bolt on mods. I've never lost. One guy stayed pretty even with me but I pulled away at top end. Generally the RC F will be a couple car lengths up by 60. It's a lighter car, but lower HP think it's advertised at 426. I'll venture to say that a lot of guys don't really know how to shift to stay at the sweet spot on the torque curve - advantage to RC F. I am running the Joe Z exhaust, it definitely sounds faster...
Old 08-02-16, 01:26 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im with you, I didn't buy this thing for drag racing although it is fun to do from time to time. I prefer the track, and believe me this RCF is awesome on the track. That is a match up I would like to see on the track RCF vs 5.0
Old 08-03-16, 12:24 PM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
My experience: I've run several Mustang GTs, later models, a couple with bolt on mods. I've never lost. One guy stayed pretty even with me but I pulled away at top end. Generally the RC F will be a couple car lengths up by 60. It's a lighter car, but lower HP think it's advertised at 426. I'll venture to say that a lot of guys don't really know how to shift to stay at the sweet spot on the torque curve - advantage to RC F. I am running the Joe Z exhaust, it definitely sounds faster...
can you explain the shifting points. where should I shift for best 0-60 and 1/4mile times
Old 08-03-16, 01:15 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mirza
can you explain the shifting points. where should I shift for best 0-60 and 1/4mile times
depends on the car, Fysisist is talking about manual mustang's. the RCF is automatic, put it in sport plus and leave it in drive and the computer will shift at the optimum point most of the time.

when shifting in a manual ideal time to shift is when the descending power curve for the lower gear crosses the ascending power curve for the higher gear, and this will vary based on the car's configuration and mods.
Old 08-03-16, 03:56 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Danblanco
Im with you, I didn't buy this thing for drag racing although it is fun to do from time to time. I prefer the track, and believe me this RCF is awesome on the track. That is a match up I would like to see on the track RCF vs 5.0
This is how I feel. I don't usually go looking for a race, but I'm usually down for one if someone else is.

There's a guy here at work with a red GT. I don't know who he is or else I'd ask him for a race. We lined up at the lights on the highway outside of work the other day, but he didn't try to race, so I didn't either.

Last night I noticed that I was gaining on a Mustang about a 1/4 mile ahead of me due to the tell-tale rear turn signals. I kicked it up to about 85 to catch them. It was a black GT. When I was about to catch them they sped up to match my speed. I kicked it up to 90 and got next to them in the left lane. I was looking over at them but we couldn't see each other due to night and we both had tinted windows. I kicked it up to about 95 to get far enough in front of them so they could see just what was challenging them. I purposely missed my exit because I was hopeful for a match (I live for high speed runs). They took the exit I purposely missed... Oh well.

I forgot to mention, I'm out in the sticks right now and there are barely any vehicles on the roads at midnight, which is when I get off of work.

Last edited by Davew77; 08-03-16 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-03-16, 04:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Initiate by rolling down Windows. Or 3 long honks is universal sign for a race

Originally Posted by Davew77
This is how I feel. I don't usually go looking for a race, but I'm usually down for one if someone else is.

There's a guy here at work with a red GT. I don't know who he is or else I'd ask him for a race. We lined up at the lights on the highway outside of work the other day, but he didn't try to race, so I didn't either.

Last night I noticed that I was gaining on a Mustang about a 1/4 mile ahead of me due to the tell-tale rear turn signals. I kicked it up to about 85 to catch them. It was a black GT. When I was about to catch them they sped up to match my speed. I kicked it up to 90 and got next to them in the left lane. I was looking over at them but we couldn't see each other due to night and we both had tinted windows. I kicked it up to about 95 to get far enough in front of them so they could see just what was challenging them. I purposely missed my exit because I was hopeful for a match (I live for high speed runs). They took the exit I purposely missed... Oh well.

I forgot to mention, I'm out in the sticks right now and there are barely any vehicles on the roads at midnight, which is when I get off of work.
Old 08-03-16, 04:33 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

RCF look great love that V8 auto. Mustang is also nice, cheap, not reliable and fast when mod.

Quick Reply: Lexus RCF PP vs '16 Mustang GT