RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Rcf with axle issue w/video

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-16 | 04:07 PM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DougHII
Are sure it is not suspension related. Seems like it kicks in when it squats. I have heard many cv joints and axle sounds over the years. Definitely not a cv click and do not hear typical axle grind. There is definitely a noise, but I would be curious if more made the same sound. I never listen for nor would hear something like that. Lol, I didn't realize I could see my license plate in the back up camera either until reading a thread about it . . .

Can you actually hear that from inside the car while driving? Is this a different sound than the axle made before it was replaced? Sorry to hear of your frustrations.
please look at the video I took tonight . It's with my camera phone but you can clearly hear a click coming from the drivers side
Old 08-01-16 | 05:19 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Donnirino
please look at the video I took tonight . It's with my camera phone but you can clearly hear a click coming from the drivers side
1) Click is audible
2) Clarify what your looking for exactly. It seems from what I gather you already had work done through the dealership for a "drivers side axle was replaced at 6k miles". However it also seems you have pursued a "buy-back" claim or was dumped onto that department after contacting corporate, who flew out a master tech to solve and cover everyones bases. Its not going to be a cake walk exactly since a master tech already looked at the car and said "operating within normal parameters"
So heres some advice. Expand your service center search into somewhere other then westchester area. I suggest taking up the offer by Sparker. Go into Rallye, present them your problem (no backstory needed). Let them come up with their thoughts on the issue. If the service techs there figure it out, all well and good. If they say its normal, you can bring sparker in and they can cross reference. Make sure you grab a copy of the work order stating the issue. You cover your bases the same way they cover theirs.
3) From there tbc....
Old 08-02-16 | 11:19 AM
CANorthCA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Donnirino
I leased a 2015 rcf in late October. Since then I have a total of 8900 miles on the car . The car has been in for service a total of 13 times . The major problem was a clicking sound from the driver side axle under hard acceleration from a stop light or on downshifting when coming to a stop. They replaced the axle at 5900 miles . 2500 miles later the clicking sound started again this time on both sides . The car was brought to the dealer where the mechanic waited for a master tech from Lexus to look at the car . The tech stated it's ' normal ' for a loud clicking sounds to come from the axles . Please help ! Has anyone else had the same issue ?? https://youtu.be/SNo5cwhTK0g
I don't have any insight into the problem you're having but it might help others if you said whether your RCF had the standard drive line or torque vectoring?
Old 08-02-16 | 11:53 AM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CANorthCA
I don't have any insight into the problem you're having but it might help others if you said whether your RCF had the standard drive line or torque vectoring?
it's the standard drive line
Old 08-02-16 | 09:24 PM
AKA5
Driver School Candidate

mine makes the exact same noise as the last video you posted
Old 08-04-16 | 08:51 PM
rnp614
Driver School Candidate

Nick Murray has a video of his friend's car doing this as well.
Old 08-05-16 | 08:15 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rnp614
Nick Murray has a video of his friend's car doing this as well.
I believe the OP is Nick Murray's friend..