RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

NO Burnout? Not Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-16, 04:20 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default NO Burnout? Not Possible?

In my ISF I never had the gas pedal/brake pedal ECU flash done bc love rolling burnout start when situations allow. I Treid to do twice now in my RCF with Sport +, TRAC OFF, and TVD in standard mode and with foot on brake slightly and gas, it was like the car went into limp mode. Whats going on here ? no burnouts may someone fill me in. MY car is dead to burnout gods?..lol
Old 09-10-16, 04:51 PM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
In my ISF I never had the gas pedal/brake pedal ECU flash done bc love rolling burnout start when situations allow. I Treid to do twice now in my RCF with Sport +, TRAC OFF, and TVD in standard mode and with foot on brake slightly and gas, it was like the car went into limp mode. Whats going on here ? no burnouts may someone fill me in. MY car is dead to burnout gods?..lol
That's weird, I did one yesterday in sport + and trac off (No TVD in mine). Is yours a 16 or 15? Were you in manual mode so you can hold it in 1st gear and let it bounce off the limiter? In D the car would naturally try to upshift at loss of traction or rev building. Also, you don't have to hold the brakes either. If you have a long enough area/stretch you can just let it rip and it'll break loose.
Old 09-11-16, 04:04 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A 15'. Oh she will for sure spin the tires on launch, but roads are brand new here around part of woodlands and tomball in texas so alt of grip doesn't help. Thus, I have to utilize the brake and modulate throttle before. I believe I was in full manual I will have to double check and retry... Butit literally went into limp mode like old vette I had back in the day.. :-|
Old 09-11-16, 06:00 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

I don't do burnouts so I don't know but a couple things could be going on here:

Are you in the right mode? After sport is sport+, then sport+ w/Trac off (expert mode), then the unadvertised mode after expert mode that is sport+ w/Trac off but you hold the button down for 3 secs. This is supposed to turn off all nannies. If you haven't, try that.

The other thing I wonder, could this limp mode with the brake and accelerator both pressed down be a programming in response to Lexus stuck gas pedal issue...
Old 09-12-16, 10:15 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Very strange...I have heard this from other folks too.
Old 09-12-16, 10:48 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it was like the car went into limp mode. Whats going on here ? no burnouts may someone fill me in. MY car is dead to burnout gods?..lol
You might post a video of your tachometer so we can see the response and hear it. Like others suggest (manual, trac off), no "brake and gas slightly before start".
Didn't you get the warning indication when you apply both the brake and gas slightly? Road temperature? Tire Pressures? Is car warmed up?

Last edited by rjmalm; 09-12-16 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-12-16, 07:28 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I don't do burnouts so I don't know but a couple things could be going on here:

Are you in the right mode? After sport is sport+, then sport+ w/Trac off (expert mode), then the unadvertised mode after expert mode that is sport+ w/Trac off but you hold the button down for 3 secs. This is supposed to turn off all nannies. If you haven't, try that.

The other thing I wonder, could this limp mode with the brake and accelerator both pressed down be a programming in response to Lexus stuck gas pedal issue...
Mine has the Apexi & in the Sport+ mode & Expert mode it will get squirrely in a heartbeat, but as far as putting it in Sport+ & Expert & holding it down for 3 sec's i've Never seen ANY difference in the car changing Anything as far as the Nannies or even on my gauges? To me, it's NO Difference than just putting it in Sport+ & Expert than it is holding it down for 3 sec's after you put it in Expert.
Old 09-12-16, 07:39 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Mine has the Apexi & in the Sport+ mode & Expert mode it will get squirrely in a heartbeat, but as far as putting it in Sport+ & Expert & holding it down for 3 sec's i've Never seen ANY difference in the car changing Anything as far as the Nannies or even on my gauges? To me, it's NO Difference than just putting it in Sport+ & Expert than it is holding it down for 3 sec's after you put it in Expert.
Ditto. The only difference I noticed was that the "Expert" tag went away. No difference noticed in handling or power.
Old 09-13-16, 09:15 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

One of my favorite videos but I'll direct you to this. Burnout game is strong.

The wing even comes up!

Old 09-13-16, 01:04 PM
mkp81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side note in regards to the "nannies off" mode. Tried to show out for my buddies when I first got my 08 ISF and had Traction control off. But, halfway into the smoke show it would override and kick-in. Ruining my spectacular donut attempts. Went home all pissed off and googled it... discovered the 3-5 second deal that cuts all systems off. Let's just say I hit that every time I started the car afterward lol.

But mine would indicate everything was off once I was in that mode. Go from 1 light on dash to 2 indicated systems were off.

Your story makes it sound like the car is actually bogging down?? I'm lost. Agree'd, would like to see video of this.
Old 09-13-16, 04:38 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the TVD in mine. I can't do burnouts either. Maybe that's why? Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?
Old 09-14-16, 05:34 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We all know the RC F burns out.

Here you go:

1. Put the F in manual.
2. Select Sport+.
3. Select Expert mode.
4. Hold down the Traction button for 3 seconds until the Expert light goes out. You are now in Happy Mode.
5. Get out the extinguisher.

Old 09-14-16, 06:32 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
We all know the RC F burns out.

Here you go:

1. Put the F in manual.
2. Select Sport+.
3. Select Expert mode.
4. Hold down the Traction button for 3 seconds until the Expert light goes out. You are now in Happy Mode.
5. Get out the extinguisher.
Why so complicated? I can do a burnout just by switching to sport mode in manual and traction off
Old 09-14-16, 08:40 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Is the RCF in the video totally stock and OEM? OEM tires too?

Originally Posted by LXSDO
One of my favorite videos but I'll direct you to this. Burnout game is strong.

The wing even comes up!

The Pursuit: Lexus RC F x Ken Gushi - YouTube
Old 09-14-16, 08:51 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Is the RCF in the video totally stock and OEM? OEM tires too?
I don't know for sure. But I think so. It's a car dealership in Northern California. Car looks OEM.

Quick Reply: NO Burnout? Not Possible?