RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone attended Lexus Performance Driving School in Fl yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-16, 08:27 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Anyone attended Lexus Performance Driving School in Fl yet?

how was it? Was it worth the time and trip?
Old 10-02-16, 12:23 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

hi just finished up, had the free class
first half hour little promo lexus video and tips for track nice guy did it
auto cross couple laps with is 350 and rc350 small track fun no big deal
and the big mama mamma amazing laps on palm beach race track had rc f doing over 115 down straight
worth every minute for the last piece of three laps on track, two cars in front of me and a instructor in a car ahead
but you can fly and it was amazing
enjoy the rain started pouring in early afternoon
Old 10-02-16, 05:29 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

Here's a couple of pics that I took during my time with the Express Experience at the Lexus Performance Driving School at PBIR today. The random rain showers and lightning made it difficult to get the groups through the autocross and lead/follow track events in a timely manner.

We had an opportunity to do a couple of autocross runs in the 3IS350 and RC350. The RC350 kept its composure through the course and I had no complaints but when it came to pushing the 3IS350 hard on the course, I was utterly disappointed at how much body roll and lack of steering feedback I was receiving with this car in the corners.

Driving the RC-F for a couple of laps on PBIR was a much more enjoyable experience. Even though that portion of the event was merely a lead/follow process and we weren't given the opportunity to really push the RC-F or GS-F anywhere close to the limits, you can feel the 255F/275R Michelin PSS tires stick to the track with hardly a hint of body roll and the steering feel was great. Having the 2UR motor at WOT on the straights was acoustically pleasing as well. Not sure why but the RC-F that I was driving on the track was only equipped with a Torsen LSD and not the higher-performance TVD.

I think the best part of the event was seeing the RCF-GT in person. It was also interesting to note that Randy Pobst ex-wife was one of the participating instructors there and she shared a few funny stories of their time together.

Last edited by redspencer; 10-02-16 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-04-16, 07:02 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

just got back. I opted for the free session at 820. Didnt go into the lecture until 9. Lecture was interesting. after That we went to the small track to take some corners go cart style in the rc 350 and IS 350. I had fun. Drove about 5-6 times. Right when it was time to switch lightening hit. So we had to go inside for 30 mins. Once it passed they called us out.

Some of the people in our group left so I thought great, more chances to drive on the big track. THey paired us up (if you have a friend you drive with them. We were doing the follow the leader. So I wanted to really only drive gsf. Me and buddy were forced into an RCF. I thought nothing of it because I knew Id be able to get the GSF next since it wasnt many of us.

THe driving leader was a *****, driving like an old lady. First lap was meh. I was car 3 SO the secong lap I lagged behind so I could take some corners hard and come up out of them like a beast. I was running up on the other cars on the straight cause the leader was driving like a vagina. NExt me and friend switch and we did two more laps and again the lexus leader kid was driving like a puss. My buddy did my trick and lagged behind also.

After that we pulled into the pit and Im thinking ok gsf next. No one was waiting in line. So I ask to do the gsf next and the lead drive cut me off and said no only one car and two laps each. I guess that was what the free people get.
I was like WTF, I came to drive GSF and you made me get into a rcf. THat lil punk then repeated, only two laps in one car.

I said Fuc dat, I found this black dude giving out helmets and told him. He said hold on let me get the boss. Boss comes and I explain I came to drive a gsf, The kid made me get into an RCF. I drive an ISF and I own two other lexuses.

Boss said ok, and called the kid and told him I will be driving the GSF next! Kid then apologizsed. I ignored him and jumped in the car. Kid was the leader again, but I did my lag trick so I could push the gsf.

On the back straight I was running up on the kid cause he was still driving like a vagina in the RCF.

Overall it was nice minus the kid. I did the rcf drive experience years ago on the same track and it was better because they had other cars and the lead drivers were not vaginas. And I got to drive until my head hurt.

Side note. I like the GSF better than RCF. It felt more balanced and lighter than the rcf.

So If yall plan to drive the GSF dont let the twit force you into the rcf.
Old 10-04-16, 06:03 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Signed up for Fontana in February. Thank you for the advice. Hopefully, taking the full day course will allow some more freedom on the track!!!
Old 10-05-16, 06:22 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Here's a couple of pics that I took during my time with the Express Experience at the Lexus Performance Driving School at PBIR today. The random rain showers and lightning made it difficult to get the groups through the autocross and lead/follow track events in a timely manner.

We had an opportunity to do a couple of autocross runs in the 3IS350 and RC350. The RC350 kept its composure through the course and I had no complaints but when it came to pushing the 3IS350 hard on the course, I was utterly disappointed at how much body roll and lack of steering feedback I was receiving with this car in the corners.

Driving the RC-F for a couple of laps on PBIR was a much more enjoyable experience. Even though that portion of the event was merely a lead/follow process and we weren't given the opportunity to really push the RC-F or GS-F anywhere close to the limits, you can feel the 255F/275R Michelin PSS tires stick to the track with hardly a hint of body roll and the steering feel was great. Having the 2UR motor at WOT on the straights was acoustically pleasing as well. Not sure why but the RC-F that I was driving on the track was only equipped with a Torsen LSD and not the higher-performance TVD.

I think the best part of the event was seeing the RCF-GT in person. It was also interesting to note that Randy Pobst ex-wife was one of the participating instructors there and she shared a few funny stories of their time together.

lol you caught me in this pic taking a picture of the GSFs, I'm in the middle of the pic with a black shirt. I came to the event and got to take the GSF around the track and it drives amazing but I still prefer my RCF. I also tried to take a second run and drive the RCF to see how it feels on the track but they would not allow me even though no one else was in line! Overall though the event was fun.
Old 10-05-16, 06:49 PM
rberthelot
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am taking part in the full day session at the Joliet Autobahn this Friday. Looking forward to this outing. On another note, i had received a 50% promo (presumably because attendance for Friday was low). I'll report back after.

RB
Old 10-05-16, 11:06 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

@Topic: Can you drive your car? Or you have to drive their cars?

Originally Posted by Katrcf
Signed up for Fontana in February. Thank you for the advice. Hopefully, taking the full day course will allow some more freedom on the track!!!
Hi! How did you sign-up? I am trying to register for Fontana Half-Day Afternoon session but it just keeps going back to Step 2 after I click Finish&Pay in Step 3. Did you go to waitlist or was registered right away?

Originally Posted by rberthelot
I am taking part in the full day session at the Joliet Autobahn this Friday. Looking forward to this outing. On another note, i had received a 50% promo (presumably because attendance for Friday was low). I'll report back after.
RB
How did you get the 50% promo? Did you pay 100% first? I got the 50% promo code from a website search.
Old 10-06-16, 06:18 AM
rberthelot
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba2sy
@Topic: Can you drive your car? Or you have to drive their cars?Hi! How did you sign-up? I am trying to register for Fontana Half-Day Afternoon session but it just keeps going back to Step 2 after I click Finish&Pay in Step 3. Did you go to waitlist or was registered right away?How did you get the 50% promo? Did you pay 100% first? I got the 50% promo code from a website search.
I actually got an email from the autobahn themselves. I've taken part in other events like these before and assume they were short of quota, blasted an email with a discount code.
Old 10-06-16, 05:32 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just signed up through their website. Should be an 800 number to call.
We also got the 50% off offer. Wish I would've known before buying two full price entries.
looking forward to pounding around Fontana in somebody else's car!
Old 10-15-16, 10:32 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Interesting article from BMW Blog regarding the school

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/14/attended-lexus-performance-driving-school/