RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2nd Complimentary Service ...what a lie

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-16, 02:49 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 2nd Complimentary Service ...what a lie

So I took my RCF int today to the Escondido, CA Lexus dealership for the 2nd service at 10,000 miles only to find out they won't honor the 2 complimentary services the promised when I bought the car. Supposedly it's a misunderstanding, because the 1,000 mile check is the 1st service and the 5,000 mile is the 2nd complimentary service. What a bunch of BS!!! I thought it was 2 come in to the dealership complimentary charge, because even the salesperson said I would be covered until 10,000 miles. Unreal.

Has this happened to anybody else by chance?

Cheers,
Old 11-19-16, 02:57 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

This has been discussed a few times that I know of.

If you read the maintenance manual for the RC F on the Lexus website, it states 1,000 and 5,000 mile services. The oil is only changed during the 5,000 mile service. So you also only get 1 free oil change per the maintenance manual.

Some people have gotten 10,000 mile services done for free, which also includes an oil change. Some dealers may also include multiple complimentary services with or without the customer's knowledge. Some customers may have even paid extra for a service package, who knows?

But the bottom line is that it is up to the dealer on what they want to do outside of the documentation, which is 1,000 and 5,000 mile services.
Old 11-19-16, 03:01 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

My bad for bring up a past topic, I should of looked first.

And I can understand that, but I remember the car dealer told me word for word, "at look at it this way, you save in the long run sine you don't have to pay for service until 15,000 miles" That was one of his pitches to me. Not that it made or broke the sale, but it was nice to hear that was a perk. This one was like $325.00 I can only imagine as I keep going in how expensive this will get. Oh to have a such a nice car, and the chains it brings

Cheers,
Old 11-19-16, 03:09 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

That was probably because the salesman doesn't really know what happens in the service department. Just a guess...

I am also aware that Lexus put 5K and 10K mile services as complimentary on their main services page. But if you look closer you will see a "*" (asterisk) at the end of it. That is because the RC F does not get it. I don't know if there are any other vehicles excluded or not. I just thought I'd post this up before someone jumped in with that. I do agree that it can be misleading.
Old 11-19-16, 05:02 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, that is sad if your dealer is that untransparent. My dealer in Houston that I buy now and service from is absolutely amazing. Brandon the only service guy I will deal with hooked me up under the cars original service plan and I bought used. But I give them exceptional amount of business and service. But, in respect they treat me and my wife 200% always.. guess some places get it.
Old 11-19-16, 06:17 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Yea over where I'm at valencia dealership offers the 10k service for free but keyes and the others don't
sadly got my car from keyes
Old 11-20-16, 09:27 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I got both 5K and 10K service at no charge from a Lexus dealer in MS (I bought the car as L certified from Longo). I had shipped my RCF to MS soon after I bought it for me to drive around for work so I won't get bored 😆😆😃

Per contract it specifically stated 5K and 10K services are inclued at NC. IDK if it is due to L certified (versus brand new)? Mine had like 18xx miles on the ODO when I bought it.

Initially when I dropped it off for the 10K service, they did have questions about NC. I asked them to call Longo Lexus and Lexus Corp. to verify it was a L Certified when I bought it. They said they had called and gotten approval to go ahead.

IDK if the difference was L certified vs BRAND NEW? Or bc since I bought it at 18xx miles I never had the opportunityto take it in for the 1K service? But I think Longo would have done a complete look over when they took my RCF back from the previous owner and put it on the market as a L Certified Lexus for sale. OR the dealer in MS just did it for free as a good will gesture since I refer a lot of my friends to them? IDK.

One thing is for sure, the maintenance of the RCF is still way less compared to any of the Euro brands, i.e , MB, BMW, AUDI, and etc. (after their FREE services are over and if you decide to keep it which would be financially suicidal in most Euro cars).

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Wow, that is sad if your dealer is that untransparent. My dealer in Houston that I buy now and service from is absolutely amazing. Brandon the only service guy I will deal with hooked me up under the cars original service plan and I bought used. But I give them exceptional amount of business and service. But, in respect they treat me and my wife 200% always.. guess some places get it.

Last edited by lexusrus; 11-20-16 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-20-16, 11:55 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I got both 5K and 10K service at no charge from a Lexus dealer in MS (I bought the car as L certified from Longo). I had shipped my RCF to MS soon after I bought it for me to drive around for work so I won't get bored 😆😆😃

Per contract it specifically stated 5K and 10K services are inclued at NC. IDK if it is due to L certified (versus brand new)? Mine had like 18xx miles on the ODO when I bought it.

Initially when I dropped it off for the 10K service, they did have questions about NC. I asked them to call Longo Lexus and Lexus Corp. to verify it was a L Certified when I bought it. They said they had called and gotten approval to go ahead.

IDK if the difference was L certified vs BRAND NEW? Or bc since I bought it at 18xx miles I never had the opportunityto take it in for the 1K service? But I think Longo would have done a complete look over when they took my RCF back from the previous owner and put it on the market as a L Certified Lexus for sale. OR the dealer in MS just did it for free as a good will gesture since I refer a lot of my friends to them? IDK.

One thing is for sure, the maintenance of the RCF is still way less compared to any of the Euro brands, i.e , MB, BMW, AUDI, and etc. (after their FREE services are over and if you decide to keep it which would be financially suicidal in most Euro cars).
Some lexus certified cars come with free services i remember my gs i had gotten 4 free services when i got it lexus certified
Old 11-21-16, 04:14 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been using express lube since I live in San Antonio TX. They are everywhere and it comes to about $120 for Mobil 1 full synthetic when I provide my own filter and I used the Mobil 1 filter $20. But as you can see there are many of these express lubes around me.
Old 11-21-16, 08:29 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealership gave me complimentary service up-to 20K miles including a booklet with coupons.

Last edited by alfaromeo3; 11-23-16 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-21-16, 10:17 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Yep, it ALL Depends on the Dealership & your Relationship with them! It can be Really Good or pretty much the way your's acting.
Old 11-22-16, 09:55 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I purchased my RCF from a non lexus dealer, 2015 with under 1000 miles. I went to the local lexus dealer to get it checked and they told me everything was OK with the car, also provided me with 2 complimentary services and was told that they will honor the full warranty as if i had it purchased from them as new. So as a satisfied customer I went ahead and got my wife a new lexus from them...
Old 11-22-16, 01:59 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

warranty will still be intact, doesnt matter where you bought it from, but it starts counting down when the car was first purchased.
Old 12-15-16, 01:09 PM
BluByYou
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealership also covered the services and offered a loaner RC200t while they worked on my RCF. Each time I requested the spent oil filter for inspection, and they were happy to give it to me. So since they were my last free service I asked the price of an oil change and I was impressed it was well under a "C" note, a lot less than my last car, so I am very happy.

Last edited by BluByYou; 12-16-16 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-15-16, 01:33 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

yeah the warranty on the RCF specifically states 1K and 5K, 10K isn't covered by Lexus. . some dealerships honor it as other Lexus models are covered and they either don't know the RCF is different or they are more concerned with keeping their customers happy..

The dealership I bought my Lexus at was the latter, they knew, but they have a standing policy to honor all models for the 5K and 10K service as to keep their customers happy.

from Lexus Corp stand point, they are only going to reimburse the dealer for the 1K and 5K service, so beyond that it is on the dealership to pay for the 10K service out of pocket.

Quick Reply: 2nd Complimentary Service ...what a lie