RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Will Lexus Ever Issue a TSB for Transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 02:29 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

after talking to lexus corp two times and showing them how much I've spent in the F cars the past 4 years , they have made a different lexus dealer (did not like my experience at the last one i went to ) to do the work for the refresh for me. Ill be driving near 100 miles to even get there and i told them i will only go up there once to get this done and me taking off work is not easy to do. they have agreed to do it so we'll see how it goes. ill check the weather to see when the best time to take it in there.
Old 12-27-16, 10:33 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Happy to hear you got some satisfaction. Good luck.

I still don't understand the first Lexus dealer you went to. If the customer says I have the following problem as detailed in the TSB AS DESCRIBED, WHY didn't the first Lexus dealer just document the customer's complaint and follow through with a resolution by doing the TSB? The Lexus dealer will still get paid for the service. So why was the Lexus dealer so resistant AND upset the customer?

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
after talking to lexus corp two times and showing them how much I've spent in the F cars the past 4 years , they have made a different lexus dealer (did not like my experience at the last one i went to ) to do the work for the refresh for me. Ill be driving near 100 miles to even get there and i told them i will only go up there once to get this done and me taking off work is not easy to do. they have agreed to do it so we'll see how it goes. ill check the weather to see when the best time to take it in there.
Old 12-28-16, 09:02 AM
BluByYou
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

quick question on the fuel pump, every now and then when i am in the garage I will hear the fuel pump turn on and then back off is that "normal" for when the car is not in use?
Old 12-28-16, 09:17 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BluByYou
quick question on the fuel pump, every now and then when i am in the garage I will hear the fuel pump turn on and then back off is that "normal" for when the car is not in use?
it's normal, This is the EVAP purge valve operating (emissions related system). It is spelled out in the Owner's Manual. This sound can occur up to 5 hours after the car is turned off. If you remove the gas cap the sound will stop, but it is normal.
Old 12-28-16, 09:48 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Happy to hear you got some satisfaction. Good luck.

I still don't understand the first Lexus dealer you went to. If the customer says I have the following problem as detailed in the TSB AS DESCRIBED, WHY didn't the first Lexus dealer just document the customer's complaint and follow through with a resolution by doing the TSB? The Lexus dealer will still get paid for the service. So why was the Lexus dealer so resistant AND upset the customer?
lets just say the greeter didn't greet me. they were rude because i said this car cost me X amount of money and everything perfect and that i wanted to come back that way(I'm very polite). I asked for the service manager to come review my car and wheels prior to working on it to note there is no damage anywhere. they made it seem like this was a big hassle to them but i told them this is saving us from going back and forth if there was damage made and saving money on a claim. i hate bringing my car in the dealer if i don't have to. but doing your job properly is mandatory. they said sometimes things get damaged, all apart of the install?!?..umm, no. i don't think so. if so, i wanted to let them know they will be liable and they will have to replace with a new part.

On the fuel pump, they want to hear it but I'm not going to let them drive it for 100 miles. i bought a dash cam just because of these scenarios. I will have to put a sticker on my window on each side that say car is being recorded for me to use it in court in my state.

I'm a busy person. i told lexus corp i refuse to drive 100 miles each way for them to refuse the issue because they can't hear it while I'm there. lexus corp came to a resolution with a different dealer about 100 miles away but the service manager there was very nice like the lexus dealers I'm use to. The first advisor was an A-hole so i asked to speak to the service manager directly. SM said he will do it regardless of hearing it or not because its a reflash that can't mess up the car if i didn't have the issue. so he said 30-45 minutes and ill be out of there. he said he knows the rc-f is the top performance car they offer so they promise to have my car running perfect so i can be on my way. That's the service i expect.
Old 12-28-16, 10:06 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

lets just say the greeter didn't greet me. they were rude because i said this car cost me X amount of money and everything perfect and that i wanted to come back that way(I'm very polite). I asked for the service manager to come review my car and wheels prior to working on it to note there is no damage anywhere. they made it seem like this was a big hassle to them but i told them this is saving us from going back and forth if there was damage made and saving money on a claim. i hate bringing my car in the dealer if i don't have to. but doing your job properly is mandatory. they said sometimes things get damaged, all apart of the install?!?..umm, no. i don't think so. if so, i wanted to let them know they will be liable and they will have to replace with a new part.

On the fuel pump, they want to hear it but I'm not going to let them drive it for 100 miles. i bought a dash cam just because of these scenarios. I will have to put a sticker on my window on each side that say car is being recorded for me to use it in court in my state.

I'm a busy person. i told lexus corp i refuse to drive 100 miles each way for them to refuse the issue because they can't hear it while I'm there. lexus corp came to a resolution with a different dealer about 100 miles away but the service manager there was very nice like the lexus dealers I'm use to. The first advisor was an A-hole so i asked to speak to the service manager directly. SM said he will do it regardless of hearing it or not because its a reflash that can't mess up the car if i didn't have the issue. so he said 30-45 minutes and ill be out of there. he said he knows the rc-f is the top performance car they offer so they promise to have my car running perfect so i can be on my way. That's the service i expect.

interesting issue with the SM and validating "damage"

all the Lexus dealerships I have been to use an IPad and take a video and pictures of damage when you drop it off, and you have to sign an agreement to what they notate, similar to what a rental car place does.. I was rather surprised to see it the first time, but it makes perfect sense to protect the customer and themselves.

maybe its a CA thing
Old 12-28-16, 10:07 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mjeds
interesting issue with the SM and validating "damage"

all the Lexus dealerships I have been to use an IPad and take a video and pictures of damage when you drop it off, and you have to sign an agreement to what they notate, similar to what a rental car place does.. I was rather surprised to see it the first time, but it makes perfect sense to protect the customer and themselves.

maybe its a CA thing
lexus corp gave them the green light on this i believe. they said only if my car would be damaged with the reflash if i didn't have the problem, that would be a different story.
Old 12-28-16, 01:22 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

lexus corp gave them the green light on this i believe. they said only if my car would be damaged with the reflash if i didn't have the problem, that would be a different story.
so wait the reflash can do damage if you don't have the problem?
Old 12-28-16, 01:52 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by paulwall4
no they said it wouldn't so it's not an issue of hearing it first. It's costing them nothing. Just hooking up a computer.
Old 12-28-16, 02:09 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by paulwall4

no, that is just lawyer speak to protect themselves.
Old 12-28-16, 02:48 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

The cost to the Lexus HQ/dealer is minimal.

I'm surprised that you are having such a hard time with this especially given the fact that the marketplace is now so competitive with cars costing in the same price range as the RCF. So many choices out there now. After all it is a "Lexus".

no they said it wouldn't so it's not an issue of hearing it first. It's costing them nothing. Just hooking up a computer.
Old 12-29-16, 06:48 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

This thread should be merged with the fuel pump and/or RCF ECU flash thread. I've stated the following before in a previous post(s):

My theory to why they're avoiding to make this a major issue is because of the higher idle/slightly lower MPG that has been reported post-flash, not to mention suffering an overall reliability rating. Is it possible that the production ECU was tweaked just a little too much to make certain EPA/MPG guidelines? Who knows but it wouldn't surprise me.

Get Your RCF ECU Flashed!
RC-F Fuel Pump
Old 12-29-16, 09:05 AM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

FWIW, my '15 is as lively and engaging as ever straight from the factory and I hope I never have reason to flash it. I love this transmission/engine combo. Bravo, Lexus.